Discovery Gaming Community
Returning Player Detected - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Returning Player Detected (/showthread.php?tid=202892)

Pages: 1 2

Returning Player Detected - Exdeathevn - 04-30-2024

It's pretty unlikely anyone remembers me, but hey - that's what re-introductions are for.

Hey there! I'm a returning player from New Zealand, Been gone for several years (2 of which I had no computer, don't ask). Was part of the old [UC] Corse faction, which I guess vanished as there appears to be another with official status, glancing at the forums - congratulations to them. If I get to say 'Salut!' to any I'll gladly take the chance.

Still have to get completely caught up on the lore changes - 4.88 I think was the last game version where I had any presence whatsoever, but the majority of my ships seem to still be there, so no need to apply for a Veterans package at least, which I'm thankful for... though coming back and finding half of my ships carrying cargo that no longer seems to exist or be purchaseable (legacy/redundancy?) is rather confusing. What am I supposed to do with 4,300 Lanthanum now?

Anyway, I exist, I've returned, and I look forward to seeing you all in space, mon ami!

RE: Returning Player Detected - Petitioner - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 03:06 PM)Exdeathevn Wrote: What am I supposed to do with 4,300 Lanthanum now?

Sell it to someone. Such commodities are valuable collector's items.

Anyway, welcome back to Discovery! It's always great to see returning vets. There is an aid package for players like yourself if you're interested, that gives you a semi-unique ship (cannot be purchased except from other players who have it). If you're looking for factions to fly with, there are several that are great and would be happy to help you get back on your feet. Glad to have you!

RE: Returning Player Detected - Exdeathevn - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 03:09 PM)Petitioner Wrote: an aid package for players like yourself if you're interested, that gives you a semi-unique ship (cannot be purchased except from other players who have it).

I did have a glance at that, but as I said it's not really needed. And also one of the requirements:
  • "...few, if any, characters active on the server, or a very small total account worth."
I definitely don't think I qualify for that; I'm at least aware they changed the currency value by removing a couple 0's, but I still have a decent wallet on hand!

RE: Returning Player Detected - Kherty - 04-30-2024

Welcome back, and indeed there is. Thank you, it was quite the journey.

RE: Returning Player Detected - firesilver - 04-30-2024

Welcome back!

RE: Returning Player Detected - Serpentis - 04-30-2024

Welcome back!

RE: Returning Player Detected - Lord Caedus - 04-30-2024

Aha, that was you logging the old [UC] ships, not Teerin.

RE: Returning Player Detected - Exdeathevn - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 04:04 PM)Max Morse Wrote: Aha, that was you logging the old [UC] ships, not Teerin.

Yeah I had to shuffle some obsolete tech and move ships out of Transit, so I was kind of occupied.
Also did not know there was a way to send a message ingame with [OOC] as an option now, which is also not listed in /help.

Edit: Biggest surprise was my old ts Taureau suddenly having Gunboat mounts? Did it change classification?

RE: Returning Player Detected - Petitioner - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 04:23 PM)Exdeathevn Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 04:04 PM)Max Morse Wrote: Aha, that was you logging the old [UC] ships, not Teerin.

Yeah I had to shuffle some obsolete tech and move ships out of Transit, so I was kind of occupied.
Also did not know there was a way to send a message ingame with [OOC] as an option now, which is also not listed in /help.

Edit: Biggest surprise was my old ts Taureau suddenly having Gunboat mounts? Did it change classification?

Frigates are a thing now. They're mid-size transports with gunboat guns. The Taureau is one such frigate, but is quite special in not having any shield regens.

RE: Returning Player Detected - Valdorel - 04-30-2024

Welcome back to the server! Something to keep in mind for returning players, All credit values were just divided by 100 a few months back, so if it seems like you have less money than before, or things are oddly cheap now, that's why.