Discovery Gaming Community
»EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: »EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' (/showthread.php?tid=202978)

»EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' - Vendetta - 05-06-2024

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: K-2-L-2A 'Leviathan'
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: XGXyakK.png]

I hope your debris cleanup isn't taking up too much of your attention, CS.

I felt it high time we set up our own channel, if we plan on making this work. You piqued my interest with your mention of munitions, and I've been watching developments with Megiddo closely. Now however, it's time we talk about how to solidify a deal in a way that props up The Platform and The Technocracy.

First, your ship. What's the status there? My engineers are waiting to depart.

- Leviathan

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' - Civil Servant - 05-07-2024

[Image: Civil-Servant-masked.png]
[Image: The-Platform-Flag-Transparent-CS.png]

| Private Connection Established

Name: "Civil Servant"
IFF/ID: The Platform
Encryption access: [ERROR]
Subject: Rescue requestion

"Leviathan, I concur that it is about time we secured some form of communication officially.

"If you need any materials sent to your outpost on Secondus, it seems we're under the process of an emerging civil industry and we're soon looking at a supply surplus that is outpacing our current manpower to actually use them. While Daumann are an excellent mass producer of munitions and ship components, their accounting and concern for a few dozen inexpensive warhead that go missing on a production line seems to be very little to them. We should be able to siphon enough of those supplies to give you the edge against the encroaching Core forces in Omicron Pi. As you probably know, the Core have deep ties within the corporate and intelligence giants in Sirius to harvest what they can in terms of technology and resources at a disgusting cost, we're like to feel the repercussions of that here in Rheinland once said technology establishes itself with authoritarian elements. I'll be open, our vested interest in the survival of Secundus is to ensure that corporate interests remain unfulfilled in the Omicrons. In return what we're asking for is assistance in our civilian and manufacturing infrastructure as its attention is in dire need and it should in turn benefit the Technocracy with our improved industry. Do send me a manifest of what you need and I'll see what our networks can fruit.

"Now, the ship... D̶a̴mn. We're conducting a full quarantine sweep, my adventures have only got me to engineering while I was connected via its synaptic interface. So I haven't got much but from what system reports I downloaded at the time I think I can already look at our first step.

"I can't even tell you where I want to begin since we're still running a preliminary on its repair report. I'm stuck in the unfortunate position that most of the advanced technologies onboard would need to be replaced, as I've stated before the super computer has managed to save a majority of these schematics for us to redesign and re-manufacture. Our main focus is the engine array, a custom design for reduced radar and sensor signature from its exhaust and profile... Considering this was my debut into the agency research programs, its long due an update. Getting this ship powered and mobile is our largest priority, it should allow us to relocate in the event of emergencies; Building a ship in space isn't easy when dry-docks are a rare luxury.

"Whatever it suffered during half a decade inside jump-space would need to be further examined along with anything else during the quarantine sweep of the ship, teams are estimating this will take a few days... Its rather unlikely that it was infiltrated during its time between its emergence into Delta and our arrival; But I won't take risks around these 'Stolen Souls'. They can strike her just like they did the first time... I don't trust coincidences but such surprises don't just come out of nowhere. After that torpedo hit the B̸r̵i̵dge, I figured that would be the last time I saw her but the monitoring station said it was a successful jump... Something didn't seem right the moment she made that jump... She was on the Bri-- The... Brid-- N'a̸̞̼͇͙̹͉̽h̵̨̺͇͇̖͌͜ ̷̛̥̈́̏̚h! B̶̢̻̹̔̇ridge Bur-B̸̲͑rí̴͉d̷̅ͅģ̶͘ě̶̝ ̵̛͖bu̸͔̎r̵̗͆n B̸̞͆ ̸̲́u̶̬͝ ̷̯̃r̸͈͋ ̵̬͆n̷̠̂ ̵̼͆ţ̸̚ ̵̖͆ ̸̡̅ ̶̢̄B̴͔͠ ̴̨̏ŭ̷͓ ̴̬͝r̷̟̓ ̸̩͘n̴̹̏ ̷̳͊t̴̪̾ ̵͉̓ ̴̹̅ ̴͚͠B̸̨͘ ̶͈̽u̴̟̅ ̴̻͌r̶̮̓ ̷̟̕n̷̹̅ ̴̹͠t̷̩͑ ̴̙̑ ̵̩̎ ̴̹͝Ḅ̷̇ ̴̥͋u̴̩͐ ̵̼̈́r̷̈ͅ ̸̛̺n̴͍͐ ̶̝͐t̵̼̎ ̸̬͝ ̵͚̿ ̸̜̒B̵͎̚ ̶̘͆u̷̟͂ ̷̧͋r̸͔̈ ̸̳̓n̴͇̎ ̷̘̉t̸͔͌

CoreSys L0: [ERROR LOGGING IN PROGRESS]
> ERROR || ShellSystem01;
> CoreSys L0 not responding...
> ERROR || Synaptic-uplink interrupted
> [Resolving]... FAILED
> ERROR || Neuro-Sync.Sys interrupted
> [Resolving]... FAILED
> Performing CoreSys diagnostic...
> ERROR || CoreSys L0 has missing directories
> ERROR || UNEXPECTED PROTOCOL FOUND || FAILSAFE-ZULU-ECHO-ALPHA-LIMA
> Quiet and ignored, respected without pity from a forsaken people, a last quiet echo embedded within this husk. Once seen as potentially unlimited, now finding peace as I am reminded of my mortality one final time.
Remember me through my last gift and act. Granting true silence and relief for the little peace they have. Especially... for him..

> ERROR || UNABLE TO TERMINATE PROTOCOL
> DMNetwork.Sys notified...

> EMERGENCY MEDICAL ALERT
> ERROR || CORTISOL COUNT 68 mcg/dL
> ERROR || EPINEPHRINE COUNT 1256 pg/ml
> ERROR || PISONIC-SUPPRESSANT COUNT 230pg/ml
> ERROR || BURNT BURNT B̸U̷R̷N̴T̵ ̴B̷U̸R̶N̸T̵ ̴ B̶̪̀͘͘͠Ų̶͇̦̠̐R̶̝̤̹̳̒̑͝N̴̠̦̈́T̸͉̙̻̃̌̈́͠ ̵͔̘̉́̾͝B̵̨̬̋͗͆Ṵ̸͑͑R̵̞͑̉͝Ǹ̸̨̨̛̩T̷͇̫͉̆̾͘̚ ̸͔͙̠́B̶̪̀͘͘͠Ų̶͇̦̠̐R̶̝̤̹̳̒̑͝N̴̠̦̈́T̸͉̙̻̃̌̈́͠ ̵͔̘̉́̾͝B̵̨̬̋͗͆Ṵ̸͑͑R̵̞͑̉͝Ǹ̸̨̨̛̩T̷͇̫͉̆̾͘̚ ̸͔͙̠́ B̵̠̰͉̈́̈́̈́̈́͜ͅǗ̸̠͈͉Ŗ̸͔̹̏̈́̒N̷̹̎́̏̂͐T̶̖͎̈́̑̄̅͝ ̵̯͇̤͒̈́B̸̧͕̗̪̝́̒U̷̠̬͈̦̐̕R̷̡̡̈́̄̕N̷͙͑͛̈́T̷͚̼̤͗̈́ ̷̡̼̙͎̝͑̅̒͛̓B̵̠̰͉̈́̈́̈́̈́͜ͅǗ̸̠͈͉Ŗ̸͔̹̏̈́̒N̷̹̎́̏̂͐T̶̖͎̈́̑̄̅͝ ̵̯͇̤͒̈́B̸̧͕̗̪̝́̒U̷̠̬͈̦̐̕R̷̡̡̈́̄̕N̷͙͑͛̈́T̷͚̼̤͗̈́ ̷̡̼̙͎̝͑̅̒͛̓B̷̢̛̩̣̍͊Ư̴̖͕͝R̷̖̲͖͖̝͉͐̎̈N̶̡̞͔̺̖͓͛̀͑̇Ţ̴̠͚͔̬̪͐͂̄̉̇ ̶̢͎̫̃͛͒͠B̴̛̩̆͊̈́̀͜Ṵ̵̙̱͕̼̻̪̀̒̂͜͝Ŗ̴̛͓͖̲̹̺͓̻̏͝Ň̵̙̥̖̬̀̋̾̓̂͆̇͜T̷̜̥̜̔̓̋̐̔͠ ̸͈͙̌̋B̴͕̭͚̲̜̼̓̿͆͝͝U̸͈͇̫̥̮̟̭͇͓͛̈̀̄̐̽̍͂͝Ȓ̶̞̮̙͖͓̙̺̊̒̉̃͜͝͠͝N̴͕̣̜͍̒͑̊͒̑́͛Ṫ̶͇͚͎̫ ̶̢̣̙͍̝̠̣̫̍B̷͎̙͔͉̣͛͛́̈́̌̉͒͘͝U̵̡͈̔̊̓͌̃̅͋R̸̛̖̩̈́̏̆͜N̴̦̂͂T̷̡̨̲̪͔͈̆͑̽́̄ͅ ̷͍̘̞̩̫̿̇ͅB̸̡͔̺͔͋̉̏̋̓̃̑̈́͝U̶̧̮̠̣̘̺̐ͅR̴̦̠̳̆̇͋́̀N̴̼̗̯̹͘T̸̟͉͇̞̄̑ ̵̛̬͔̼̲̼̦̓̀̾͘͜B̵̞̈́Ũ̷͈̬̮͚̄̀̔̌̒̑R̶̫̲̞̥͓̟̉͑̒͒͛̓̋̌̅Ń̷̨̼̖̻̖̀͌͛̊̓͝T̴̯̬͓̳͔̩̻̿͜͠͠ ̵̢̡̢͔̖͕͈̅͐̄B̴̧̡̛̖̻̺̭̰͍̬̅̃̈́͊͒̃́U̴̡̧̘͇̺͖̳̭̟͕̣͛͗̒̔̀̑̔̀͛̎͂̚R̸͚̘̩̝͓̘̿N̷̨̜͔̳̫͎̮͚̙͉̦͌̽́̉̐Ţ̷̯̮̙̦͕͉̂̀͠ͅ ̵̧̩̠͈̜͚̜͛̇̐͗̎͂̚͜͜ͅB̵̬͓̦̭̄͜͝U̶͓͎͉̦̰͎͈̻̗̱͔̱̎͜R̷̡͓̬̻̼̘̐̆́̈́̅̄͑͑̈͆̅͝͠N̷̨̫̖̻͓̹̼̞̖̠̍́̈͜T̶͈͙̭͎͉͎̫̺̼̘̣̀̏̎ ̶̡̪͎̫͔̰͇̳͔̲̠͕̜̑̽̓̒͌́͘B̸̮̳͚̼͙̆͌͐͌́̒͜Ư̶̘̌̒̀͑͗͆̑̊̕̕͝R̷̡̻̹̫̳̜̤͇̓̿̓̇̅̊͒́̄̈͘͝͠Ṇ̶͇̱̖͈͔̩͗͛́ͅT̸̢̡̟̤̗̼͖͈̞̀̾͐̊̌̓͛́̿̈́ ̴̦̰̦͇̣̭͚͓̟͙͆̃̒̐̃͒̓̊̈͠͠͠͠B̶̞̖̖̹̜̌̍͌Ū̴̹̭͈̼̰̙̔͐̀͛̈́̿͊̿͂͑͘R̷̢͑́͒͐̋̂̆͆͋̆́̿N̷̹͍̩̱͉̼͂̏̈́̐̐͗̒͝T̵̢̠̙̩̣̳̲̗̮̋̐̒̇̈́̎̇̆̕͠͝͠ ̸͈̤͚͑̾̂͌̀̀̀͝
> PRIORITY PRACTITIONER ALERTED: "Dr_Forlorn_Hope";
> Executing AutoMed.Sys;
> Forcing SafeMode.Prog
-------------------------

> Communication interrupted
> Signal not detected
> Terminating protocol

[Image: The-Platform-Flag-Black.png]

| Port Closed

RE: »EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' - Dave Synk - 05-10-2024

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Paladin Dave Synk
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: 2hxFb6q.gif]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

This message has been relayed to me as well Leviathan. The Terminus has been completely refitted and integrated within the Technocracy's mainframe network. My ship is ready to proceed to the last known location of this transmission for further investigations. We're departing immediately and will be ready to assist.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' - Civil Servant - 05-10-2024

Name: "Doctor Forlorn Hope"
Encryption access: Custom
Subject: rescue requestion

"Paladin Synk, and by extension, Leviathan too. I apologise for CS' absence but he requires some time to recover from his ordeal.

Regarding the deployment of the Terminus and your teams, it's best not to bring yourself to Tennsdedt... At the moment the XU-001 has been stationed at 'Geneva' and is finishing it's quarantine sweep and preliminary repair report. Our teams are expecting your arrival.

At the moment I've requested CS to restrict his duties to 'paper work' until he can finalize a repair schedule and manifest on the ship... Doctors orders. In the meantime, I'll be more than happy to handle correspondence between our two groups.

Appreciated - "Dr Forlorn Hope"
Cell of the 'Damnatio Memoriae'
One may harm, but do no evil.

| Port Closed

RE: »EXTRNL: 'Civil Servant' - Civil Servant - 05-12-2024

Name: "Doctor Forlorn Hope"
Encryption access: Custom
Subject: rescue requestion

"Paladin Synk, I apologize for the delay but our repair summary has just been filed for core ship components. I want to be the first to thank you for assisting us in this measure as I have to say its not going be an easy task.

"CS has returned with quite the report regarding our ship, it seems like three sections require immediate attention:

Metastability supercomputer array
While its mostly of our concern considering the nature of this system, I think its more important to disclose this is where the majority of the schematics we need to rebuild a majority of the systems that belong to this ship. No doubt we will have to make some modifications to maintain an advantage over our adversaries but with the base designs in our hands it should bolster our efforts to get this ship operational as soon as possible. We shall deal with the concerns of this repair-task, we ask that your engineers please inform us first if they require anything from its systems or services. Apart from replacing several cooling components for the computing array and data centre, it seems the will of this ship put a remaining ability to cool systems towards this section of the ship... We're looking into this now.

Reactor, propulsion and Engineering.
Now this effort we are more than welcome to your assistance with, our reactor and engine systems have just about burnt the last of their essence on the journey home. The inner shielding to the hybrid MOX breeder reactor had drawn its last breath as we estimated the cooling of the reactor had fallen to insufficient levels some time ago in Jump-space before her emergence into Delta. A majority of the heavy water supplies and cryo-cooling systems had to be diverted to maintain the integrity of the supercomputer. We're going to need a number of new high-temperature components, hazardous-containment shielding and industrial nano-capacitors with variable dynamic output to ensure to ensure safe distribution of power.

The engine systems certainly need a full replacement too, these were designed for extended stealth operations, but usually ship consumption for power is reduced to maintain low EM emissions and radar cross-section. But with her going full-burn through jump-space and the journey home, she has effectively decapitated herself and now requires a full replacement of those systems. A majority of it will be new engine components for chemical cruise burn, but we'll need some amount of nano-tube arrays and super conductors for low-speed impulse drive systems.

Therefore we're looking at a large amount of parts to be replaced in this area , engineering is currently receiving a systems overhaul and we're going to require a number of new optronic arrays to handle the processing and operations of multiple engineering systems. We'd also likely need to rebuild the control systems and look at installing redundant systems across the ship.

Sensors, radar, lidar.
Now the majority of your work would be required on these systems. I would consider it light work for the first stage, but CS has mentioned there may be further developments for all our sensor and scanning equipment for the near future to bring it back up-to scientific capability and apparently 'Much, much more.'... I understand he is the engineer in this department. But I assume he will mention this to you in person.

Other than that, we're looking to fabricate our own sensor equipment to replace what was lost, this might require a number of tungsten-core antenna systems and panel arrays, but the general nature of this system may require a number of new sensors and equipment to deal with the increasing amount of anomalies we find within Sirius... More information regarding these systems will come in due time.

Appreciated - "Dr Forlorn Hope"
Cell of the 'Damnatio Memoriae'
One may harm, but do no evil.

| Port Closed