Discovery Gaming Community
Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries (/showthread.php?tid=203011)

Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Stoner_Steve - 05-10-2024

[Image: T2sOKBo.png]
Starlight Research Consortium
Chasing starlight since 829 A.S.

[Image: Sl9sV5U.png]

Dr. Brandon Wright

Subject:
Shipment Request #557

Encryption Strength:
Standard

Hey there OSI Team,

Brandon Wright here from Starlight Research Consortium, reaching out with a bit of a unique request. Back in my Ingenuus Research Group days, you folks were always my go-to for those hard-to-find components, and that hasn't changed a bit!

We're currently spearheading a collaborative research project in the exciting, but admittedly remote, sector of Inverness. Specifically, we'll be setting up shop at Freeport 14. The project involves some cutting-edge tech, and that means we need some equally impressive parts to make it all sing.

Here's the nitty-gritty:
  • We require 200 units of Optronics
  • We also need 250 units of Quantum Multiplexors
  • And lastly, 100 units of Energy Field Equipment
Now, the catch. These components are on the delicate side, and we wouldn't want them getting jostled around like a nerf ball in a hurricane, so your usual "whale of a time" delivery method just won't cut it. We'd need a dedicated freighter to ensure these sensitive parts arrive in Freeport 14 in tip-top shape.

Look, I understand this throws a bit of a wrench in the usual routine, and the freighter bumps up the cost. That's why Starlight is happy to offer a little extra incentive on top of your standard shipping fees. We're talking a cool 550,000 credits to sweeten the deal.

Let me know what you think! Always a pleasure working with the reliable folks at OSI.

--Dr. Brandon Wright
Research and Development, SLRC

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Pennyfield - 05-10-2024

[Image: OSI-header-Bartholomew-Kelsomagus.png]

To: Dr. Brandon Wright
CC: OSI internal
Subject: Re: Shipment Request #557

Hey Brandon,

Bob here from OSI. Always good to hear from you, especially when it involves exciting new research! Starlight has always been on the cutting edge, and we're happy to be a part of this project at Freeport 14.

Consider those hard-to-find components found. Optronics, Quantum Multiplexors, and Energy Field Equipment - we've got you covered. And you're absolutely right, these delicate parts deserve a smoother ride than our usual bulk transports.

Here's the good news: I happen to have my own freighter, the "Whachamacallit," docked right around the corner. It's perfectly suited for sensitive cargo, and this delivery would be the perfect final leg for my transport certification re-evaluation. Win-win, right?

The standard fuel fees still apply, of course, but Starlight's extra incentive of 550,000 credits definitely sweetens the deal. Consider it done.

Looking forward to working with you again, Brandon. Tell the team at Starlight OSI says good luck with the project!

Best,

Bartholomew Kelsomagus - Freeport 1 Administrator - Omicron Supply Industries

[Image: OSI-footer-generic.png]

[Image: hiring1.png]

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Pennyfield - 05-11-2024

Hey Brandon,

Just touched down at Freeport-14. Unfortunately, the duty planners had a different route in mind. Turns out I only delivered half the supplies. But no worries, I'm sure another fine pilot is on their way with the rest soon. The trip was smooth sailing, though the crew kept a sharp eye out for Libertonian ships. They've been causing some trouble lately. Nothing we can't handle, but a good captain is always prepared.

Anyhoo, we're going to rest up at the freeport before heading back out. Sorry I couldn't swing by for a chat, but that's life in the fast lane, right? Speaking of fast lanes, I actually left my post as CEO of OSI last Sol. Big news, I know! Celcius Abonwood took over, and let me tell you, she's incredibly sharp. OSI is in good hands with her at the helm.

Let me know if you're ever near Freeport-1. I'm running the show here now.

Catch you later,

Bartholomew (Bob) Kelsomagus - Freeport 1 Administrator - Omicron Supply Industries

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Stoner_Steve - 05-12-2024

[Image: GTigXeS.png]
[Image: nsruO7A.png]
[Image: IcnsMz9.png]

Dr. Brandon Wright

Subject:
Shipment Request #557

Encryption Strength:
Standard

Sorry there Bob-o-ronni, the barely retired wonder, I was just spinning my tablet around to see if the numbers got any bigger if I read them upside down.

Did you forget the other half of the project in your yacht's trophy room? Can't believe I'm going to have to have the following memo sent out saying , quote,

Attention everyone! The 'Half-Man' has arrived with a partial delivery! Please form an orderly line for...well, half of what you were expecting.

Just Kidding

--Dr. Brandon Wright

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - OSI-Vessel - 05-12-2024

[Image: XMksMMh.png]

Good morning, as mentioned by Bartholomew Kelsomagus the remainder of you shipment was to come via another friendly OSI pilot, well here it is.

Due to the nature of the cargo and your request for safe handling the shipment was split, apologies for the asynchronous delivery times from the two OSI ships.

Kind regards

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Stoner_Steve - 05-12-2024

Dr. Brandon Wright

Subject:
Shipment Request #557

Encryption Strength:
Standard

Hey there OSI Team,

Fantastic work as always, where about should I send payment, actually I suppose I should also ask what the payment should be, excluding the 550,000 bonus so I can bundle everything together in one nice tidy submission to the treasury.

--Dr. Brandon Wright

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Pennyfield - 05-18-2024

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for following up and my apologies for the slight delay. I was visiting my niece and her daughter on the MFE Academy in Theta.

The total purchase cost for the delivered items (excluding the bonus) came out to be $11,500 and since this was a short route, OSI will be covering the fuel fees for this delivery. Please send the payment to OSI vessel: OSI-Dijabringabeeralong. I'll ensure my colleague receives his fair share.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if we can help you out with any future transport jobs.

Sincerely,

Bartholomew (Bob) Kelsomagus - Freeport 1 Administrator - Omicron Supply Industries

RE: Zero Point Transmission: Target: Omicron Supply Industries - Stoner_Steve - 05-18-2024

Dr. Brandon Wright

Subject:
Shipment Request #557

Encryption Strength:
Standard

Bartholomew! My Berry Good Friend,

The funds you requested? Shoved 'em out the door faster than Sean chasing a Jell-O mold. Check your account. And for Pete's sake, use it wisely. Unlike that time you "invested" in a singing hamster farm.

--Dr. Brandon Wright