Discovery Gaming Community
Player Banned: Chocola - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Banned: Chocola (/showthread.php?tid=203415)

Player Banned: Chocola - L1ght - 06-07-2024

@Chocola has been banned for:

Quote:1.2 - Cheating or exploiting game mechanics is not allowed. This can include 'multiboxing' (logging in with multiple characters at the same time), disconnecting during player encounters (post here if you disconnect by accident), abusing bugs, etc.

Consequences:

Cheating and exploiting are frowned upon, farewell.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Banned: Chocola - Kauket - 06-07-2024

I'd like to request evidence of this, seeing as how he is one of the most active few in my faction.

RE: Player Banned: Chocola - L1ght - 06-07-2024

We don't give out evidence of cheating/exploit instances, as that would only inform certain people on how they got caught. The banned user knows what they did, if you want more information talk to them. I will remind people that we don't tolerate any form of exploits/cheating on our server.

RE: Player Banned: Chocola - Kauket - 06-07-2024

Some interesting conclusions were made.

1) I could be wrong, but I am very certain it was not him. I gifted him Ultrakill yesterday, he wanted to wait until today to play since no time yesterday, he was playing for the first time and was streaming it to me and I was eager to see how his first impression was going to be. And he streamed it 4:45pm when he got tired of playing "endless waves" in the game, we were very excited about the game and spoke about it.

He started playing at 3:52 PM server time. He finished at 4:45PM server time ish.

2) Unfortunately, there's a grave mix up regarding the ban, because you've just IP banned a few players as they share the same VPN and had shared ships overlapping. So you've more than likely traced the wrong guy FYI.

3) This isn't a case sensitive "cheat" (ie crash sensitive, server backdoor, an injection, server threatening/critical gameplay exploit, unfixable exploits, etcetc) - this is an incident that has happened in the past with players in general.

Infact, this is one of those incidents where you need to clarify, that doing this is not permitted. You might even get funny newer people trying it out too because players will try to outsmart the system.

Yes it's pretty obvious you shouldn't be doing this, but you'll always get funny guys who aren't too aware of how things work here since it's an RP server. You don't need permaban people for that - a warning or at the very least make their guns drop off/credit sink. This was a type of thing that was announced before anyway. This is something we can try to fix via game mechanics but o well.

Also you (staff) did get more additional evidence in the form of chatlogs, but whether its acceptable or not is up to you.

RE: Player Banned: Chocola - Haste - 06-07-2024

We cross-referenced the timestamps you provided with further server logs. The result is that we're even more certain that the player in question was in fact @Chocola. To be completely honest, these sorts of attempts to muddy the waters really don't do anyone any favors.

RE: Player Banned: Chocola - Wildkins - 06-24-2024

Apologies for the delay.

I have been working with @Chocola over the past few days to really dig into what happened in this situation. A lot of effort went into a deeper investigation, cross-referencing hardware IDs, IPs, accounts, and activity to properly map out what certain people did and did not do. The findings are as follows:

- @Chocola was not, in fact, the one that exploited by shooting friendly NPCs in this specific instance.
- @Chocola was, by their own admission, engaging in this practice repeatedly in the past.
- @Chocola has a history with anticheat detections, though further investigation has revealed these to be likely false-positives due to ill-advised client modification.
- @Chocola's group chat logs that were shared as part of his evidence showed a collective effort amongst his friends to exploit this system multiple times.

With these findings and all aggravating circumstances, we have decided to reduce the ban duration for @Chocola to 1 month. @Alfred.DK, the individual that originally started this incident, will also be banned during that time.

RE: Player Banned: Chocola - Wildkins - 07-07-2024

@Chocola and @Alfred.DK are now unbanned.