Discovery Gaming Community
NCU - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: NCU (/showthread.php?tid=20342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

NCU - Rommie - 05-11-2009

The story of the Nomad Containment Unit:

Shortly after the nomad war, Liberty officials realized that Nomads were a real threat for Liberty. The Nomads were able exploit the one entry to New York that was not guarded from both sides. This meant the Nomads would be able to organize a force deep in the Alaska system without detection and then capture the most important system for liberty, New York. The pledge was made to form an elite group of ships that would patrol the Omicron systems and keep an eye on the Nomads. These ships would look no different to others of the same type but would be outfitted to survive in the harsh environment of the omicrons without the constant support of liberty.The Navy choosed to deploy only the capital ships that have high mobility, an ability that is obligatory for survival in the Omnicrons.

The first group of NCU ships to be sent out was Gunboat 410, Gunboat 413 and Cruiser 903. After a period of success and the destruction of hundreds of Nomads the group was ambushed by the Nomads. Whilst trying to escape Gunboat 410 and Gunboat 413 were destroyed with all 10 crew members on each ship on board. Cruiser 903 returned to Liberty and after extensive upgrades and repairs was allowed to continue the patrols in the Omicron systems. Cruiser 903 was able to successful survive attacks from the new form of nomads know as 'assassins' which destroyed Gunboat 410, Gunboat 413 and left Cruiser 903 badly damaged.

Cruiser 903 has returned to liberty after exploring Omicron Iota. The information provided has been sufficient to authorize another ship to be sent to the Omicrons. Cruiser 911 will serve as Cruiser 903's aid in exploring the more heavily defended nomad systems and will assist in the patrolling of Nomad occupied systems mainly being Omicron Delta and Omicron Kappa.

Diplomacy:

Allies:Any Human force.
Neutral:AI; Harvesters; Phantoms.
Enemies:Nomads, Keepers; The Wild.

--The NCU will be friendly with all other factions in the Omnicrons, excepting the Nomads and the Wilds.
--The NCU will not interfere in the Order,Corsair-Bounty Hunter Guild war,or and will act neutral in eventual conflicts.
--In case of a LSF-Order conflict in the Alaska system, the NCU will remain neutral.
--In case of a Corsair-Outcast conflict that takes part in any of the systems in the NCU ZOI, the NCU will remain neutral.
--In case of a full scale war between Human forces(whoever might they be) and Nomads or The Wild, the NCU will aid the human forces.
--The NCU will aid any human forces battling the Nomads/The Wild, if requested.
--The NCU will not interfere with smuggling of any kind.
--The NCU will defend itself if attacked by human forces.
--In case of an heavy attack on Liberty Systems, the NCU will return and aid Liberty Defenders if required.

Main Objectives:
--Protecting the Omnicron Systems of Nomad invaders.
--Aiding the Human forces that are fighting Nomads/The Wild.

Zone of Influence:
--Omnicron Delta.
--Omnicron Kappa.
--Omnicron Iota(Running Exploration Patrols there atm.).
--Alaska(Only if Human Forces request help there of if NCU is returning to Liberty Space).
--NCU will help Order or Corsair forces in they're systems (Omnicron Minor;Omnicron Gamma) if requested to do so.
--The NCU is a secret branch dispatched by the Liberty Navy.Still, it has complete authority in the Liberty, just like any other faction in charge of security in Liberty Systems(Lpi,Navy,LSF,etc).

Current Members:
|NCU|911-Magma.Gazer-
|NCU|903-Black.Hammer-

The NCU will be recognised by Liberty Navy Guard Tag, the |NCU| tag before the name, and ID.(I haven't decided yet about this)
--The "911" and the "903" are the ships production names.The Cruisers start with a 9xx, and the Gunboats with a 4xx.

Alowed Ships:
Due to its Rp, the NCU will be few in numbers, and will only use Liberty Ships.It will not use any Liberty Capital ships.(Liberty Dreadnought, Liberty Assault Battlecruiser, Liberty Carrier).

Recruiting:
If you wish to be in the NCU, let me or Gforce know.
Well have you take a test and we might ask you some questions.

NCU - pieguy259 - 05-11-2009

Good idea. Only concern is that the Order might be a bit wary to say the least of Liberty navy ships in their space, and the LSF might be angry if the NCU didn't help against the Order.

You could RP it as a rogue unit who've split off from the main Navy.

NCU - Enrico_B - 05-11-2009

' Wrote:The NCU will be recognised by Liberty Navy Guard Tag, the |NCU| tag before the name, and ID.(I haven't decided yet about this)

Sounds like a good ide, but you better have a talk with the Corsair Elders, Cuz that mix of Tag and ships is a quick way to blow up in Corsair space.

NCU - Treewyrm - 05-11-2009

Allied with all human factions? Bad idea. Want to fight the Nomads? Join the Order. Otherwise you are essentially hijacking their roleplay goals. There are Zoners for neutrality, if you need it. Putting all eggs into one basket doesn't work like that. I'll be blunt on this one: I see this as a poor excuse to have yet-another-faction-fighting-nomads. Basically to tail along any other faction fighting Nomads. Seriously, that ain't pretty. Give us a break. We got Order, Corsairs, BHG and Liberty as it is already to worry about, with occasional Zoners too. So that's enough, no need for more. The rest is just... weak. Complete authority in Liberty? *cough*

p.s. what is it doing in RP section? Isn't there a faction-related section on the forum?

p.p.s. patrolling Iota?... that's funny.

NCU - Titan - 05-11-2009

Uh..oh..where to begin, I'll just make a few remarks in order not to crush your dreams..but alright..

Quote:Alowed Ships:
Due to its Rp, the NCU will be few in numbers, and will only use Liberty Ships.It will not use any Liberty Capital ships.(Liberty Dreadnought, Liberty Assault Battlecruiser, Liberty Carrier).

Cruisers that you're flying people tend to classify as capital ships...fighters and bombers aren't caps, everything else is.

Quote:--The NCU is a secret branch dispatched by the Liberty Navy.Still, it has complete authority in the Liberty, just like any other faction in charge of security in Liberty Systems(Lpi,Navy,LSF,etc).

As former leader of the LN, I'd advise you to talk to the High Command officers of the LN, LSF and LPI before saying that, or they might think of you as a joke and kill you.

Quote:Allies:Any Human force.

Pirates, Harvesters and Phantoms are moooooooost probably not going to be so friendly towards you.

Quote:--Omnicron Iota(Running Exploration Patrols there atm.).

In RP, this system is pretty much unknown and unreachable for anyone but the Order more or less. The system is highly dangerous and technically you wouldn't survive a minute in their with any ship really, and a capital is even worse for that.

Quote:--NCU will help Order or Corsair forces in they're systems (Omnicron Minor;Omnicron Gamma) if requested to do so.

Why would the Corsairs help you or accept your help, in all honesty? You're a branch of a house military according to you, and that doesn't really mean that pirates are gonna be all warm and cuddly.

NCU - frozen - 05-11-2009

first off. yay. another "lets hunt da nomadz lol" faction. putting that aside, lets get to work.

Quote:Diplomacy:

Allies:Any Human force.

nice diplomacy. i think i should do that with the HF- make everyone allied, except the LN. OHWAIT. thats not how we play a game! silly me. i guess im stuck being hostile to all of liberty's lawfuls and the Liberty corps.:dry:

Quote:--The NCU will be friendly with all other factions in the Omnicrons, excepting the Nomads and the Wilds.
--The NCU will not interfere in the Order,Corsair-Bounty Hunter Guild war,or and will act neutral in eventual conflicts.
--In case of a LSF-Order conflict in the Alaska system, the NCU will remain neutral.
--In case of a Corsair-Outcast conflict that takes part in any of the systems in the NCU ZOI, the NCU will remain neutral.
--In case of a full scale war between Human forces(whoever might they be) and Nomads or The Wild, the NCU will aid the human forces.
--The NCU will aid any human forces battling the Nomads/The Wild, if requested.
--The NCU will not interfere with smuggling of any kind.
--The NCU will defend itself if attacked by human forces.
--In case of an heavy attack on Liberty Systems, the NCU will return and aid Liberty Defenders if required.

what reasons do you have for being neutral to the corsairs, order, or any other pirate faction?

Quote:Zone of Influence:
--Omnicron Delta.
--Omnicron Kappa.
--Omnicron Iota(Running Exploration Patrols there atm.).
--Alaska(Only if Human Forces request help there of if NCU is returning to Liberty Space).
--NCU will help Order or Corsair forces in they're systems (Omnicron Minor;Omnicron Gamma) if requested to do so.
--The NCU is a secret branch dispatched by the Liberty Navy.Still, it has complete authority in the Liberty, just like any other faction in charge of security in Liberty Systems(Lpi,Navy,LSF,etc).

Yeah, i dont see that happening. I seriously doubt the corsairs would like to see Liberty Naval ships flying about in their ZoI. i also severly doubt that the corsairs will ally with your wing, seeing that they used to be attacked in the past by rogue LSF agents, LN agents, BHG, and hell, even LPI gunboats (indies ofcourse, but point remains). Iota? you do realise that that is the home system of the nomads, and sending lone cruisers, or caps without sufficient fighter/bomber support would in RP mean waste of resources since the ships would be decimated (which they would be anyway in terms of PVP too) plus, what base would you use to refuel/repair/rearm? doubt the zoners would want the Ln to launch offensives from their freeport, yaren is hostile, the order wouldnt like you docking on their bases, and the BHG base is for the BHG, not the LN. if you base yourselves in kappa, id just face palm and call you stupid. finally, i definitely know for sure that you wont have "complete authority" in liberty, specially if the LN or LSF are present, and even the LPI.

Quote:The NCU will be recognised by Liberty Navy Guard Tag, the |NCU| tag before the name, and ID.(I haven't decided yet about this)
--The "911" and the "903" are the ships production names.The Cruisers start with a 9xx, and the Gunboats with a 4xx.

so you got a designation for cruisers and gunboats. okay. what about fighters and bombers?

Quote:Alowed Ships:

not allowed Liberty Capital ships, yet you fly Liberty cruisers. i think i need to remind you that gunboats/gunships/cruisers/destroyers/battleships/dreadnoughts/carriers ALL classify as capital ships, so you just contradicted yourself in a rather "lulzworthy" fashion, since your only ships according to your roster are 2 liberty cruisers.

instead of making YET another faction, work with everyone here. join the current factions, role play, rise up in ranks, and make everyone's playing experience on the whole a fun one. overkilling ANY faction/player is a stupid and annoying thing to do. the Order could do with more decent fighter/bomber pilots, since they have to deal with the BHG AND Keepers/wilde.

((yeah, i sound harsh, yeah, i meant it. no, i wont apologize. this is pathetic.))

NCU - Athenian - 05-11-2009

Rather than collectively pound on someone for wanting to do something they regard as unique, perhaps we could offer constructive advice.

With the Rheinland-Liberty War there is certainly a place for something like this.

The objectives you set out need to be expanded upon - there is no shortage of enemies to deal with Nomads. You describe yourself as a "containment" unit. There must be more to it than that. Does containment mean "eliminate" or do you intend to research, learn about the Nomads, etc.? If you are Liberty in origin, then you should stick, generally speaking, to a Liberty-type diplomacy. You might have to work hard to get pirates and assorted nasties to even regard you with neutrality, so expect trouble. Perhaps LN or LSF ID, maybe researcher. Ship choice and ID will determine where you are operating from. Maybe base yourself out of Alaska and not go too far into the Omicrons without good reason. There is a lot of competition out there, so just killing the Nomads won't go down too well with everyone. Some might want to capture the slippery blighters.

I think the "having authority " in Liberty thing was a way of ensuring he didn't get bossed around in-game.

What I read so far says Order. Perhaps a Liberty group gone rogue or soemthing along those lines.

NCU - VincentFerrex - 05-11-2009

As Treewyrm said, this is essentially taking the place of the Order, and taking the Zoner neutrality.

Essentially, just join the Order. Save yourself the trouble, if all you wanna do is pwn Nommies.

NCU - Treewyrm - 05-11-2009

To be honest I don't see much of a uniqueness here, Athenian, but rather something that doesn't work in the constraints of this game. And roleplay hijacking. So it has be something different then.

Personally I'd rather see being a research branch of the Order/Liberty, with all that comes with the following tags, rather that pose as "allied to all humans" sort of a faction, which, let's put it simple, doesn't work here. Freelancer and Discovery, inherently, is based upon the conflicts warring between various factions, so picking any factions as a base (Liberty Navy, in this case) will end up with a list of enemies given all the tensions and historical events that already existed. Things like that don't vanish magically in a moment.

There were several attempts in the past to pull something like that, so I'll just remind that it never worked out. Can't remember the name of that faction but there one, they used Liberty gunboats predominantly and were trying to get some sort of friendly/ally with Corsairs.

I gave my constructive advice: if they want to be "good guys" fighting Nomads - it's Order then. if they want "neutral guys" with having Nomad incursions to hold off - it's Zoners related to F11 then, and finally there are BHG core who want Nomad tech for their own personal reasons. If anything - there certainly not a lack of different themes to pick up existing already that deal with the Nomads.

Liberty group gone rogue is essentially the Order, since they were Liberty-based originally. So again, all facilities necessary exist already, by current looks it's like reinventing the wheel, trying to get a new kind of wheel but instead of it you get a cube - that ain't gonna get you far. Round and round we go.

Also, Athenian, would you kindly put this thread into section that fits it more?

NCU - Rommie - 05-11-2009

Whoooaaaaaaa! Easy people, this is just an idea.That's the reason it was posted here.It's not like there already is a NCU....
But your arguments are pretty good.The one that came up with the idea is Gforce, so its not up to me if its not going to happen anymore.The idea, was to make a faction that is concentrated upon reducing the Nomads in numbers, given the fact that the Order is becoming increasingly preoccupied with fighting the BHG out of they're systems.

"not allowed Liberty Capital ships, yet you fly Liberty cruisers. i think i need to remind you that gunboats/gunships/cruisers/destroyers/battleships/dreadnoughts/carriers ALL classify as capital ships, so you just contradicted yourself in a rather "lulzworthy" fashion, since your only ships according to your roster are 2 liberty cruisers."
That was my mistake.:$

Oh and i was told by the admins that i should put it here.