Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: Old.Tenshi - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: Old.Tenshi (/showthread.php?tid=203618)

Player Sanctioned: Old.Tenshi - L1ght - 06-18-2024

Old.Tenshi has been sanctioned for:

Quote:2.4 - Terms used in IDs:
"Piracy" - a reasonable demand issued to a ship which can be attacked if it fails to comply. Piracy can include requests for credits and cargo or a roleplay requirement, such as following a instruction or answering a question.

Consequences:

The fun part of Piracy is leaving people with a choice, by requesting all of your opponents cargo to be dropped you didn't leave him much of a choice a death meant easier respawn to the start of his journey instead of going through empty handed. You've been fined.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: Old.Tenshi - TheSauron - 06-18-2024

I would like an explanation as to why a Kusari ultranationalist emptying an Outcast transport is considered an unreasonable demand.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Old.Tenshi - L1ght - 06-18-2024

If the trader cannot be reasonably expected to comply because they're genuinely better off just exploding and restarting the route, then the demand is really just a well-disguised engagement notice, and is unreasonable.

What sort of a natural roleplay interaction does the staff expect to happen in these circumstances, then? Am I supposed to fine a nemesis fifty quid and let him get on with his day?

RE: Player Sanctioned: Old.Tenshi - L1ght - 06-18-2024

Fine him fifty quid, take half of his cargo, make him sell it to where you want, ask him to polish your ship, etc... "All or die" isn't it. Your ID lines don't permit to shoot transports, forcing the transport in to a situation in which he has no choice but to be shot is poor gameplay.

I asked you for natural scenarios, not ooRP contrivances crafted to satisfy the letter of the rules. I think forcing terrorist IDs into a situation where they have to figure out such contrived scenarios is poor gameplay design, instead. Where am I supposed to take him? Tell him to dock on a Samura base? Load half his cargo into a bomber? Take fifty quid off of a hostile transport because... I'm in a good mood? If I were a KSP ship, I'd have been able to blast that man's ass wide open every time he came through the system and you wouldn't be here calling it poor gameplay, but a terrorist ID doing this is suddenly a problem.

With the recent proliferation of kill-on-sight lines for corporate IDs, and the age old permission to blow transports up on sight law enforcement has had, I think the greens should sit down and figure out whether these restrictions still even make sense (they don't). Discovery claims itself to be a roleplaying server, yet you still have a significant portion of our ID pool forced to jump through ooRP hoops and perform immersion-shattering handstands just to function within their alleged role.