Discovery Gaming Community
New Pilot Intro - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: New Pilot Intro (/showthread.php?tid=204089)

New Pilot Intro - FZ-YMK22 - 07-19-2024

Hey All,

Just randomly came across a video on Youtube last night showing off the 2024 freelancer HD update and the discover multiplayer...was completely blown away. Freelancer was my favorite game growing up, still have the CD for it but don't have a PC with a disc drive anymore lol so i've just kept it for sentimental value.

Anyways, i got the game installed and running on my W11 machine last night and was enjoying a short session of nostalgia bliss. Looking forward to going through the campaign a bit more and also jumping into the discover server.

See you all in the stars
FZ-YMK

RE: New Pilot Intro - Frostpfote - 07-19-2024

Heya. Welcome to the community, first and foremost!

Hope you'll have a good time reliving memories in the campaign, once you're on the server you'll see that many things have changed and evolved.
Hope to see you out in space!

RE: New Pilot Intro - The Enigma Confederacy - 07-19-2024

Welcome new player, if you need anything, ask away and enjoy your stay.

See you in space!

RE: New Pilot Intro - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-19-2024

Welcome to Discovery.

Feel free to look over the house rules, server rules and get familiarized with the lore of the main game and read over the wiki and news articles to get yourself up to speed on what all's gone on in the past 34 years since vanilla inRP.

Enjoy your stay.

RE: New Pilot Intro - Shelco - 07-19-2024

Welcome to Discovery.
Have a look around.
Anything that brain of yours can think of can be found.
We've got mountains of factions
Some better, some worse
If none of it's of interest to you, you'd be the first.
Welcome to Discovery
Come and take a seat
Would you like to see events or any famous GC's feet?
There's no need to panic
This isn't a test, haha
Just nod or shake your head and we'll do the rest

Welcome to Discovery
What would you prefer?
Would you like to fight for Zoner rights on Erie or defer?
Be forum
Be ingame
Be bursting with rage
Just write two lines and your are free to engage

Welcome to Discovery
Put your cares aside
Here's a post for mining ores
And here's a snub pvp guide
We got navies, and Corsairs, an alien threat
And a bunch of colored pencil drawings
Of all the different player characters in the community cybering each other

Welcome to Discovery

Hold on to your socks
'Cause a random Cap just PM'd you some screenshots while he docks
They are grainy and off-putting
He just sent you more
Don't act surprised, you know you like it, you Core|

See a man with white hair
Get offended, see a shrink
Discord pictures of your kittens
Tell us every thought you think
Be Zoner, Unioner,
Be a Player Owned Base Owner
Or go join the Wild and roleplay
be infectious, be a tumor in your
Here's a faction that likes roleplay
"Freelancer is dead."
Here's why player count is low and
Here's a famous sanction thread
Should we get the swear world filter back?
Take this quirky poll

Just do be sure this server is amazing as a whole. Smile

RE: New Pilot Intro - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-19-2024

Well.

That was a shitpost. not saying it's a bad one

RE: New Pilot Intro - FZ-YMK22 - 07-23-2024

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a bit hooked on the HD campaign right now haha but plan to hop online soon to check things out. I imagine there are quite a few changes which will be exciting to see! If y'all got any good recommendations on where to get started i would welcome them.

Cheers

RE: New Pilot Intro - Elvinos2003 - 07-23-2024

To start good, I suppose you can start trading. In the online version, you start with a Kestrel, a freighter in a system called Pennsylvania. You can go behind the planet and go start mining helium and sell it at as Sprague in Omega-3. Or you can also do missions, but be careful. According the difficulty, it might be hardcore.

RE: New Pilot Intro - Karmotrine Dream - 07-23-2024

(Today, 06:12 AM)FZ-YMK22 Wrote: Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a bit hooked on the HD campaign right now haha but plan to hop online soon to check things out. I imagine there are quite a few changes which will be exciting to see! If y'all got any good recommendations on where to get started i would welcome them.

Cheers

First of all, welcome aboard!

Secondly, you might find it surprising to hear you really don't need much money to get what you need to do what you'd like! A fully kitted out fighter doesn't cost more than about 50k Credits, which is roughly only a couple of trips from the Helium field to Erie and back (about 20m of work in total); an entry-level transport like the good old Bumblebee costs 70k stock, and nets you a hefty 1.800 cargo space, plenty enough to do some solid trading if you're so inclined!

Missions can be a good way to rack up credits on the quick, but you have to be careful - most of those you'll find in bars and are of a high level (around 25 means fighters armed to the teeth; go higher than that and it's gunboats, then destroyers, then [...]) and you'll want friends to back you up, as a swarm of angry fighters can punch through yours with frightening speed.
On the other hand, missions asking you to take out a station - and only a station - are a very quick and easy payout, can do them in your starter Kestrel even, so enjoy!

RE: New Pilot Intro - Artemis Alliance - 07-23-2024

Welcome to Discovery my friend ..... explore and enjoy.