Discovery Gaming Community
Nodoka Hanamura | Diary - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Nodoka Hanamura | Diary (/showthread.php?tid=204212)

Nodoka Hanamura | Diary - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-31-2024

GRUNDER SOFTWARE GmBH NEURAL NET SUITE
MULTIVISUAL DIARY MANAGER v2.93.1
USER: HANAMURA, NODOKA
ERROR: REGISTRATION EXPIRED NaN DAYS AGO.
NON-FATAL EXCEPTION - NULLPIRATEN.SO NOT FOUND (0X000000AA)

Loading audio codecs... done.
Loading video codecs... done.
Available Audio Codecs:
NACv2, NACv3, VorbisII, rawwav
Available Video Codecs:
MKV, NN-MPEG, RAVI
Reading from journal...done.
Client defined Book 02 for writing..
Journal ready for writing.

AUTHOR: Nodoka Hanamura
ENTRY NO.: 01-001
ENTRY TITLE: Rebirth
ENTRY DATE: July 30th, 834 AS | 0000 Sirian Universal Coordinated Time
ENTRY LOCALE: OCS Utsunomiya, The Barrier
ENTRY TYPE: Video

[Image: CHC6lFc.png]
It feels like it's been an eternity since I recorded one of these. Thanks to Mieko, I have more up to date software for communications and log keeping. Alexei is going to need to work with his team to prepare updates for ship software across the fleet once I get everyone out of cryo here in a week.

I've spent the past 24 hours getting reacquainted with my quarters on the Utsunomiya, trying to wrap my head around this entire mess that has gone on for the past 10 years. Bride's elucidations during her briefing was, suffice to say, both enlightening, and concerning. Further review of the archives of news articles, and other OSINT we were able to get, along with intelligence from Mieko has painted a.. more concerning picture than I was expecting upon hearing that the Sirius Sector was not on fire.

Sure, Gallia's situation has improved significantly, and is now more something resembling a tolerable state in my eyes, even if it came at great cost to the people of Bretonia, Liberty and Gallia. But now the sector at large is in a mess. Bretonia's post-war economic state has gone into the toilet thanks to both the massive losses of the war, including the absolute obliteration of Planet Leeds, the beating heart of Bretonian economic power - as well as the destruction of the Dublin Jump Gate and formation of the Republican Provisional Assembly, governed by the Mollies.

Suffice to say, it seems these days the Mollies are less.. cutthroat than they were in the past. I still remember the stories Seline told us, of her time with her mother under them. For all of the negatives that come with the Harpies no longer under our belt - the brain drain we suffered by losing Cassiopeia, Mieko and Elena was debilitating, meaning projects like Malphas, Myomer and the APBAS combat armor program are effectively dead in the water until we can manage to continue them to modern standards - the loss of force projection with losing Gold-1 and the Hecate.. and more importantly morale.. there is one positive. We're not burdened by their past. Though that is not to say I will be hugging the next Molly I see. I still will wait and see what comes of the RPA.

Rheinland, yet again, seems to be gearing up for a fight with the GMG. You'd think after the 80 Years War.. and the various skirmishes since.. that the Rheinlanders would learn to not poke the panda. Beyond that, they've had a civil war, which has resulted in the establishment of a Empire. As if we didn't have enough assholes sitting on thrones, telling people what to do. After the messes in Rheinland, I don't blame those Bundschuh offshoots, Der Plattform, for going full Anarchist. One would think we too, of Ouroboros, would follow suit.

But no.

Anarchy I've learned only leaves a power vaccum. A wise philosopher once said - that those who dare let in lesser evils, greater ones invariably will slink in after. Anarchy is like not having a door at all. And unless they want to always be on guard, always be one step ahead of their ideological opponents -- they will always result in the formation of another form of government. Anarchy is not a political ideology - it is a state of being. It is the lack of order, of law - of laws that would otherwise protect and preserve rights and liberties, defend and uphold justice, and ensure the collective prosperity of the nation.

Liberty.. has effectively rubbed me the wrong way, with recent events. They have gone to taking Pennsylvania for themselves, seizing Planet Erie, and establishing it as a de facto prison planet, the once bountiful hills and valleys, rivers - dotted with concentration camps. You would think that the funny moustache man who my history teacher told us about back on Earth, was running the show there. Typical Libertonian behavior - Xenophobia, hatred and complacency with old ways. Explains why people grew tired and tried to establish the Commonwealth of Liberty and the Hellfire Legion.. Speaking of.

The Hellfire Legion, who had taken in thousands of Bretonian refugees from Leeds, among their own, collapses after the Harmony - the very same ship, that caused that kerfuffle in New York over a decade ago, turned on them, if Mieko's reports on them are anything to go by. Now, the Harmony operates in tandem with the Xenos - who have attempted what can only be called per Bride's words - 'We have Dublin at home' in Ontario - and have seen a resurgence in recent years, under the leadership of a man known only as "Cobra". Mieko and him.. seem to have fought in the past, exchanging blows. I observed the killcam recordings she managed to compress, redact for controlled information, and send to me. Her skills have definitely improved.

Auxesia, I still know little about. Mieko has said that sadly providing information about internal matters is not permissible, and that I should speak to Leviathan. From what I can understand, Leviathan has a new rank - Navarch -- and that base that Auxesia was planning to build - Valravn. It was finally completed. Beyond that, Raven is awake and going by killcam footage, capable in combat. Everything else, save remnants of the Legion serving under Auxesia as a task force, Prometheus, is unknown.

As for.. Kusari. The house is just as much the same mess as we left it, save slight internal struggles. Our best chance at backing a major political party died with the Honshu Unity Party, the closest thing to a major progressive movement to counter the Ninkyou Dantai - even if they still clung to the belief of keeping the Emperor as head of state. They've been superceded by the.. Sunrise Party. It also seems the KOI are active.. and from what little Mieko was able to tell me, they have had discussions with Auxesia. Suffice to say, I must try to deter Leviathan and Raven from turning in favor of the Kusari state. Not only can I smell Keiretsu interference to Auxesia's detriment, but I would rather not have to cast myself away from Auxesia.. and possibly Mieko as well.

She sighs, visibly frustrated.

The domestic political situation, frankly, is like being forced to choose between Golanski and Archos all over again.

The Hispanian Microstates are much in the same state they were, Natio Octavarium is no more, and the Nomads are still out and about. Freeport 11, unlike their Pennsylvania-residing counterparts, is still around, and seemingly quite a lot has gone on - at one point, even an AI was running the station. Jerard must have been tearing his hair out over that one - just as much as he probably was at Freeport 9.. which still baffles me as to why the Corsairs took it over.

Now that I've.. vented and elucidated on the goings on since we've been gone, or at least, where we are now.. I am left to posit where we go from here.

Ouroboros as I desire it to be.. along with the People's Commonwealth of Kusari - is now a farflung dream, yet again. We only have barely 10,000 men in our ranks, down from the 29,000 at our peak. We lack the capability to operate a state, let alone do anything democratically, at least, for the moment. Regrettably, I must steer us alone, with input of course, to pick up ourselves from the ashes of what we left behind.

The mistakes I made in the past, are mine to own up to. Our fallen, we must remember their sacrifices, and learn from our mistakes, or the snake will truly eat itself alive. We must amass our forces in one last show of our abilities, our usefulness, to appeal to those yearning for a cause, be it in or outside of our house.

As such.. I feel a reformation in order. Ouroboros, for now - must cast aside its' revolutionary aspirations, for its' own survival. Bride - possibly, suggested the idea of working under Auxesia, much like the Harpies, much like the Prometheans. But the days of tight-knit coordination with Auxesia was years ago. And I know nothing of Auxesia now. A place like Inverness, much can change in such a long time. And sadly Mieko has given me little to go on. Not out of mistrust, but fear that the Inner Phalanx may come after us both.

As such.. at least, informally, for now.

Ouroboros bears a new banner. Where our fealty goes now - at least, other than to liberating Kusari someday - is up for the fates to decide.

[Image: SLzSSlh.png]

ATTACHMENTS: NONE

RE: Nodoka Hanamura | Diary - Nodoka Hanamura - 08-03-2024

GRUNDER SOFTWARE GmBH NEURAL NET SUITE
MULTIVISUAL DIARY MANAGER v2.93.1
USER: HANAMURA, NODOKA
ERROR: REGISTRATION EXPIRED NaN DAYS AGO.
NON-FATAL EXCEPTION - NULLPIRATEN.SO NOT FOUND (0X000000AA)

Loading audio codecs... done.
Loading video codecs... done.
Available Audio Codecs:
NACv2, NACv3, VorbisII, rawwav
Available Video Codecs:
MKV, NN-MPEG, RAVI
Reading from journal...done.
Client defined Book 02 for writing..
Journal ready for writing.

AUTHOR: Nodoka Hanamura
ENTRY NO.: 01-002
ENTRY TITLE: Culmination
ENTRY DATE: August 2nd, 834 AS | 0000 Sirian Universal Coordinated Time
ENTRY LOCALE: OCS Utsunomiya, The Barrier
ENTRY TYPE: Audio

Transcript with Reference data:

I had Mercury, Jae-un and Shinta generate a new, revised ORBAT for the battlegroup. Condensing down, reconsolidating and even dissolving all of the commands and directorates we had under the original Ouroboros was not easy, but it was better than leaving it as is, with the various holes in the chain of command and overly complex nature that we no longer can maintain. Bride was not wrong when she said we were at a culmination point, but with this new structure, we should be able to maintain ourselves better than before.

[Image: aLVKEoH.png]

Sanzu DEVGRU, now that Akira is gone, has been passed to one Brett Kensington - a former LSF operative who left shortly after the Harmony incident and ended up in our ranks. Top of his class at West Point, and lacking a drive in life, he came to us for purpose. Some may wonder why we allow Gaijin in our ranks. In the end, Kusari's ancestor, even if it was overwhelmingly Japanese, was still a melting pot of smaller cultures coexisting with greater Japanese society. Christians whose presence in Japan was born of the Jesuits, Americans who grew tired of their homeland's political and social strife in the 21st century, even those who flocked here because of an infatuation and respect for our culture and society - as flawed as it was, burdened by a toxic work culture, neglected youth, aggressive conformity and unhealthy dependency and overvaluation of elders and age old codes of 'honor' that aged like milk.

Kusari, unfortunately, did not learn that the Bushido Code - like any treatise on societal ideologies, such as Neo-Confucianism, should not be treated as absolute, and definitely should not be rigidly adhered to as society, culture and the world around it evolves. We were - as a nation, well on our way even under the hardening control of the Alliance, starting to eventually find the balance betwixt holding onto our past - whilst accepting change for the better - moving towards a more efficient, tolerant and open society.. but we all know who to blame for that coming to an end.

We should not shun those who see Kusari's beauty and potential like we do. Who yearn for a house to make a home - not to make it more like they came from, no - but to make it a home they can feel proud of.

Kensington has quite the responsibility ahead of him. I have yet to formally meet with him, but analyses of our reports and intelligence about him, shows he is quite literally, the best man we have for the role of special warfare.

Kotetsu and Hakugyokurou have been downsized to battalion and Company-size commands, respectively, with the limited resources we have in regards to hardware, meaning we need to condense what functioning ships and mechanized/armored infantry we have into smaller elements, including a 'composite' marines, merging various units of varying types into a single company. We're not expecting to wage war anytime soon, at least, not to the scale of major battles with say, Kusari, or Liberty, but being fit for recon, boarding actions and vessel defense, this is more than sufficient. Kotetsu at large is about 3,000 strong, which is more fitting of a brigade-sized unit, but I feel that it's not deserving of that moniker, given about 25% of it is directly attached to the command as smaller units for maintenance and internal logistics roles.

Hakugyokurou however, has been split into two seperate commands, unlike before, when diplomacy and logistics were under the same roof. Setsuna has been given command of Mizurashi Section, which will handle PAO/MISO/Diplomacy operations - with MISO handled in tandem with SANZU. Alexei meanwhile, has been given control over Hakugyokurou, which oversees maintenance at scale and logistics operations.

Bride and Mercury estimate that in this configuration we're more capable to fend off threats to the battlegroup more reliably. Which, given what I've come to understand, we'll be swimming in hostile waters soon enough. We're going to go ahead with Bride's suggestion to work with Auxesia. I will reach out to Leviathan.. and test the waters with him. If he seems amicable enough.. once we are physically together again, I will float the idea to him - see if he would be willing to take us on as an independent command under Auxesia, much like the Prometheans, or what was done under the Harpies before they eventually entered our ranks. Once we are fit to do so.. maybe some odd years down the line.. we can take the fight to Kusari. Though I don't know, given Auxesia's apparent mingling with the KOI, what little I know of it, how that will go over.

I am.. suffice to say, nervous. The future is uncertain, and I don't do well with uncertainty.

What I do know.. is we aren't too far now from Tau-23. About 0.1ly. By my estimations.. we should be there slightly earlier than expected, with a time of entry into the system's Kuiper Line by no later than September 25th. Once there.. we'll enter into an idle orbit at the nearest solar lagrange point and plan how we're to get back to Inverness.. if things don't go south.

She sighs.

It is time for me to dive back into the fireworks. Here's hoping we all come out of it not worse for wear.. like we have now.

ATTACHMENTS: NONE