Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: Hyperborean.Wind - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: Hyperborean.Wind (/showthread.php?tid=204316)

Player Sanctioned: Hyperborean.Wind - L1ght - 08-10-2024

Hyperborean.Wind has been sanctioned for:

Quote:2.0 - Every ship must have one ID equipped, and play in a way that represents the role of that ID. Your ID explains what you can do and where. Some IDs have a 'Zone of Influence' (ZOI) where extra actions are permitted. All IDs have a ZOI in systems containing an NPC station of the same affiliation.

Consequences:

You escaped an interaction/chase that was taking place,docked, sold cargo, switched loadouts and went back to engage the person like nothing had happened. Zoner ID doesn't give you engagement rights. You have been fined.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: Hyperborean.Wind - Caffeine - 08-10-2024

Greetings. I'd like to request for evidence regarding this.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Hyperborean.Wind - L1ght - 08-10-2024

Evidence sent.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Hyperborean.Wind - Caffeine - 08-10-2024

Greetings, I believe this sanction was processed too hastily and with a lot of context lacking, I'll elaborate.

Quote:2.3- All IDs can:

Attack Alien IDs.
Attack any ship to defend Allies, except while flying Cruisers, Battlecruisers, or Battleships.

Quote:2.4 - Terms used in IDs:

"Allies" - Ships of the same non-Generic affiliation or ID, Ships defined as your ID's allies on the in-game faction rep sheet, or Ships you are currently flying in group with.

When the Auxo ship involved attacked me in Ontario for refusing to comply with a piracy demand I was already grouped with a Xeno ship which shortly after came and engaged the Auxo ship after I requested for help while being grouped with it. While the Xeno kept the ship busy I took the chance to finish the route and deliver the cargo to Ouray in Colorado, and then returned to Ontario to assist the Xeno which was in group with me the whole time.

Given that all IDs can assist allies as long as they're not in capitals, and that ships that are grouped during an engagement are considered allies by server rules I believe I had all rights to return and engage the Auxo ship, specially considering that said Auxo ship tried to pirate me a few minutes earlier, given this fact I think you could even argue that even the "- Can engage ships considered hostile by Zoners outside House Space." would be completely valid on that specific encounter and engagement.

For the sake of complete transparency, I will post video footage showing the whole encounter where you can see that I was grouped with the Xeno before the first engagement happened, you can see the Xeno ship logging and shortly after joining my group invitation at timestamp 00:05:16.

(6 hours ago)L1ght Wrote: and went back to engage the person like nothing had happened

I also disagree this statement is truthful as the chat logs state clearly that inRP it was retaliation for disrupting and attacking the ship, completely covered by rule 2.3.

Quote:[31.07.2024 15:52:06] Hyperborean.Wind: The gunners decided they're not satisfied.
[31.07.2024 15:52:46] Hyperborean.Wind: Time to show them that us Zoners are not cattle to use for at their will.