Discovery Gaming Community
Good morning Sirius - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Good morning Sirius (/showthread.php?tid=204393)

Good morning Sirius - Ashur - 08-18-2024

Thank you very much for the activation in this forum, it is so unusual to be in one again, where I have been active mainly in discord for a good six years.

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I last played Freelancer, but it's one of my all-time favourites in gaming. recently I felt like travelling to Sirius again and came across the discovery project here.
I'm from germany and my main hobbies are live roleplaying and wargaming. Especially live roleplay is very time-consuming in my spare time, as I'm part of a very active endgame group and we do a lot together as a group apart from the events.
Accordingly, I'm not completely unfamiliar with role-playing games, as I earn my living working in a nerd shop.
I'm curious to see what awaits me here and what the game is like, especially if you don't have much time and are only online for a few hours a week.

Kind regards

Ashur / Jan

RE: Good morning Sirius - Karmotrine Dream - 08-18-2024

(4 hours ago)Ashur Wrote: Thank you very much for the activation in this forum, it is so unusual to be in one again, where I have been active mainly in discord for a good six years.

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I last played Freelancer, but it's one of my all-time favourites in gaming. recently I felt like travelling to Sirius again and came across the discovery project here.
I'm from germany and my main hobbies are live roleplaying and wargaming. Especially live roleplay is very time-consuming in my spare time, as I'm part of a very active endgame group and we do a lot together as a group apart from the events.
Accordingly, I'm not completely unfamiliar with role-playing games, as I earn my living working in a nerd shop.
I'm curious to see what awaits me here and what the game is like, especially if you don't have much time and are only online for a few hours a week.

Kind regards

Ashur / Jan

Welcome, welcome back to Freelancer! Living the dream out there, working in a game store, eh?

If your experience with the game lies mainly in the 2003 classic, well, are you in for a treat! Several of them, even!
If you end up feeling overwhelmed by all the changes - don't fret! It's a perfectly normal reaction, and the wise thing to do in this case is ask your fellow players for help, either on the forums or on Discord (join it for live assistance, updates, getting in touch with the rest of us, and other good stuff), and we'll come to your aid!

Welcome again, and see you there soon (sun)

RE: Good morning Sirius - TheKusari - 08-18-2024

(08-15-2024, 04:23 PM)Sombs Wrote: The beauty of Discovery is that this sandbox offers a bit of everything. There is no single target audience here. Some people like playing snubs, some play capital ships, some log for roleplay, some for exploration, some for powertrading and some for PoB tamagotchi gameplay.

Just putting this here, so there's a bit of context. There's surely something within this mod that will appeal to you. If you got questions or want to do a particular thing, ask around and see if it can be done Smile We all have varying degrees of knowledge here, some more niche than the rest.

Welcome to Discovery Smile