Discovery Gaming Community
[Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September (/showthread.php?tid=204638)

[Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - Starfliers - 09-14-2024

Rings of Provence
Provence System
Unofficial Racing Event

[Image: HdHllBS.png]

OVERVIEW

Space racing, an activity rarely seen within Sirius, has taken storm in the recent years. Tracks constructed in all the Houses have managed to attract crowds of all kinds, mainly comprising of racers and betters. Within the Provence System, the Starfliers have discovered a track deep within the Vaccares Asteroid Belt, which is filled with gigantic rocks, mines and surrounded by the beautiful Gallic sky. A challenge was issued to Orbital Spa & Cruise to see who is the fastest racer. The local Corse have been roped into the event to advertise this friendly rivalry to the rest of Gallia and further into the Sirian News Network.

Racers from all over the sector have commented on the event, displaying their excitement. Other groups have shown interest, believing that there's an easy bet to be made. Attention has been brought to Provence and the registry has been opened to allow participants to sign up. With multiple ships inbound to Provence, the racetrack will be more eventful than the regularly scheduled private events.

Only the shortest time will tell who is the fastest in all of Sirius and Gallia. Starfliers believe their proficiency in lighter crafts give them an edge, Spa & Cruise advertise that their use of Renzu ships give them some extra speed and the Corse have a home field advantage. Freelancers are also welcome to go against the mainlining groups.

May the fastest racer win.

//This is more a test to see if racing can be a recurring event. Based on how this goes, I will make any necessary changes to make sure the next racing event runs more smoothly. Hopefully with help from devs to put in a timer. I asked the devs to have a timer tied to the custom waypointing command. So the racers could post DSace logs instead of video proof. Was advised that the waypointing command is flaky at best and it won't be good to implement it for this event. So please adhere to the submission requirements when participating in this event.

INFORMATION

Date & Time:
  • 13th, 14th & 15th of September (spans entire weekend)
Details:
  • This event is to spur activity in the region and is to showcase lesser known content in a fun way
  • Three judges will measure times that are submitted to determine placings
  • Timings will start from cruise charge to the custom waypoint vanishing
  • Spectators and Camera Ships encouraged to come along
Submission Requirements:
  • Racers are required to submit a video of their fastest time
  • Submissions will be accepted within the event's scheduled time
  • Starting point: Center of the first ring
  • Finishing point: /wp -31648 -2920 -29700
  • Use the template to submit your times:
  • Code:
    CHARACTER NAME
    [color=#80BFFF]HERE[/color]

SHIP DESIGNATION
    [color=#80BFFF]HERE[/color]

ID & RACER MODEL
    [color=#80BFFF]ID HERE / SHIP HERE[/color]

YOUR RUN'S ESTIMATED TIME
    00m00s00ms

RECORDING OF YOUR RUN
    LINK HERE

[color=#FFBF00]JUDGES WILL VERIFY YOUR TIME AND COMPILE PLACINGS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE EVENT[/color]

SIGNING UP

Allowed IDs:
  • Starfliers (Official)
  • Orbital Spa & Cruise (Official & Indie)
  • Union Corse (Official & Indie)
  • Freelancers
Allowed Ships:
  • Light Fighters Only
Submission Judges:

Rewards

First Place:
  • In-Roleplay Bragging Rights
  • "Fastest in Provence" Forum Title
  • 15,000,000 sc

Second Place:
  • "Wannabe Speedster" Forum Title
  • 10,000,000 sc

Third Place:
  • "Snail Mail" Forum Title
  • 5,000,000 sc

RE: [Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - TheKusari - 09-09-2024

Bumping this, as now the Tau-37 one has concluded.

Feel free to leave feedback or suggestions on how to improve submitting racetrack times. As there are no in-game alternatives for recording times.

RE: [Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - vesoul - 09-09-2024

Thanks for setting this up!

A suggestion while watching the video. Is is possible to "trigger" a time log of sorts when a waypoint/objective is reached? If not, an alternative could be to use /setmsg X "Lap completed" . Then quickly system shout the message when waypoint is completed. Grab the DSAce.log for timestamp (only up to second accuracy though). Wonder if one could chain setmsg with /time?

Secondly, for tracking race start-time, is it feasible for a player to type "/time" then immediately Shift-W to engage cruise right at race start?

Note that the options above are still fallible and best efforts at compromise.

RE: [Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - TheKusari - 09-12-2024

I'll be signing up as a Judge, may race around for fun during the weekend.

Who else is interested?

(09-09-2024, 02:00 PM)vesoul Wrote: A suggestion while watching the video...

Yeah I've tried to get some form of timer put in. No chance at this time as far as I'm aware, so the best we got is to send in a video. Unless someone can brainstorm an easier solution to track time, I'm all ears.

RE: [Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - True Sons of Kusari - 09-12-2024

This actually sounds amazing, and there are so many thing you could do with this race too. Like even have a race where no one has shields or nanos and mines every once and a while will drop. (I know that sounds like a nightmare but its an idea) I also wonder if there is a way to get a green light like in normal racing games.

RE: [Event] Rings of Provence -13th to 15th September - TheKusari - 09-13-2024

Event is now on!

Happy racing everyone Smile