Discovery Gaming Community
Red Hessian Cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Red Hessian Cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=20480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Red Hessian Cruiser - Blodo - 05-14-2009

Are Outcasts allowed to buy it without any sort of RP request? Because so far there are more Hessian Cruisers in Alpha than there are in whole of Rheinland and Omegas, not to mention the number is larger than the number of OC dessies now as well.

It just seems to be taken for granted that Outcasts can come down to the Hessian guard system and buy a Hessian cruiser without so much as a notification on forums. The Barghest is stated specifically as LR/Molly bomber and it's being said that factions other than those shouldn't use them, is the same deal applied to the Hessian cruiser (since infocard states "Red Hessian Cruiser")?

Red Hessian Cruiser - blckvec - 05-14-2009

Why are you so concerned with an Ally piloting a RH cruiser? You planning to defect ?

Red Hessian Cruiser - reavengitair - 05-14-2009

Well its a bit silly I reckon... Why get an rh cruiser when you can get an oc dessie?

Red Hessian Cruiser - Blodo - 05-14-2009

' Wrote:Why are you so concerned with an Ally piloting a RH cruiser? You planning to defect ?
No, I am so concerned because:
1. Hessians and Outcasts are hardly that closely allied. They never meet each other in their respective ZoIs, and the Hessians don't really like Cardamine.
2. There are more Hessian cruisers in Alpha than there are Outcast destroyers... which is weird to say the least. And I know the admins are not amused by that fact...

So I am asking whether it can be seen as a violation of the OORP rule.

Red Hessian Cruiser - johnedwards - 05-14-2009

Why do you give such answers when a serious community member is asking a serious question.

As for me I wouldnt do it unless with solid rp backup.

But hey, you know the reasons of half of the citizens of alpha these days: Powertrade > Buy awesome capship from one of the biggest factions > Note that RH cruiser has higher firepower and armor then light dessy > buy it because they dont know a thing about capship warfare and just want to pew pew.

EDIT: My first answer was towards Ryuujin Jakka ofcourse

Red Hessian Cruiser - Markam - 05-14-2009

its silly, and the Outcast Destroyer is not really weaker than the Hessian cruiser, they're just different.

Bretonian Destroyer is far higher in stats to the Kusari destroyer, but which gets accused of being stupidly overpowered? Bet your arse it isnt the Bretonian destroyer.

Red Hessians are very strongly desiring the alliance be removed entirely, and it would be if the Red Hessians had the power to do it. Not so simple as to send a message one day saying 'u sux, no moar alliance, bye'

I am strongly of the opinion it should be a rule, Red Hessians would definitely not allow access of it. Even if they cannot break the chains of the Alliance.

Red Hessian Cruiser - Zapp - 05-14-2009

LWB, the Hessian's closest allies, don't even use their Red Hessian Cruisers -- they get the Rheinland Pirate Cruiser (downgraded version). So no, Outcasts should have the Hessian cruiser (or the RP cruiser:)).

Red Hessian Cruiser - Eternal - 05-14-2009

' Wrote:LWB, the Hessian's closest allies, don't even use their Red Hessian Cruisers -- they get the Rheinland Pirate Cruiser (downgraded version). So no, Outcasts should have the Hessian cruiser (or the RP cruiser:)).

Aren't we the closest ? I wont fight the LWB| for " who likes Blo... The Red Hessians more".

Seriously now , the Red Hessian Cruiser is the current " top-of-the-chain" ship of the Red Hessians. Outcasts using it is completely unneeded and even out of RP , because Outcasts , much like Corsairs and many other factions , are a proud nation , which would choose to use their own equipment much more then they would use other factions equipment , even if that faction is an ally , like the Red Hessians. Hessians and the Rheinland unlawful factions as a whole , aren't exactly very friendly with the Outcasts.

I'd say that without the proper RP request , the Cruiser should not be free to use by the Outcasts.

Red Hessian Cruiser - MarvinCZ - 05-14-2009

Also it's probably not like the Hessians are building them en masse to supply the Outcast machinery. They're probably building a limited series for their limited use. Hessians aren't the ones supposed to be supplying with equipment in the assumed alliance (which I disagree with).

Red Hessian Cruiser - Derkylos - 05-14-2009

To add onto Zapp's point, the RPC infocard used to say (I've not read it for a while) that the only chance the smaller Rheinland unlawful groups had to get any kind of capship was to steal/salvage/be gifted old Hessian hulls, which implies that the newer model is not easy to come by.