Discovery Gaming Community
The Unlikely Partnership - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Unlikely Partnership (/showthread.php?tid=20481)

The Unlikely Partnership - rayne - 05-14-2009

The mood was sombre in Pueblo Station, taking on Gate Lane parts took a long time. The crew of the Clarion's Call we scattered around the base doing their main job's. The captain.. Jaine Walker was a senior member of Ageira Technologies and she was supervising the development of a new type of bomber shield. Andrew the ships second in command was chief of security for Ageira and the ship, the shield project was all hush hush and they couldn't afford any leaks... Especially since Lane Hacker attacks were on the rise.

The former captain of the Clarion's Call Agent Julia Wolfe was there too, afterall this was a project for the LSF and the Navy. She walked over to Jaine and gave her a smile.

"Jaine, one of my associates has given me some information you might be interested in"

"Oh? Do go on Julia"

"Well, there is a cargo ship with a skilled team of engineer's that wish to work for you, I said I would try and twist your arm" Julia laughed.

"Very well, give me his comm code and I will give him an interview"

With that Julia, got in her fighter and left for unknown reasons

Jaine went on her break and reviewed the file of the cargo ship.

The Lucky Seven huh, a Border Worlds DL Class... The captain is ex military. This is indeed intriguing. I will need to see this man.

She pressed a button in her office and her communications and sensor officer walked in looking rather bemused.

"Nicola, I want you to send an encoded transmission to this ship. I want the captain to make his way to Pueblo"

"Yes Ma'am" Nicola walked off and sent out the instruction's. There was no immediate reply...

Must be in the edge worlds, this may take some time... No matter we have plenty of work to do. Nicola was young and naive but was a fast learner nonetheless.....

The Unlikely Partnership - jimmy Patterson - 05-14-2009

==== omega 3 system freeport 1========
"what,youve gotta be kidding me ,jimbo what do you mean you want the ship back?" replyed a shocked joe harris as he sat in the center chair of the Lucky Seven"cant you go freelance or something,look man ive got a message commin in see you in 2 weeks on my next run through liberty reena,whos this comlink from?" Reena the ship AI ,custom made by jim and joe flicked onto a display pedistal beside him" its Ageira tagged and ided ,they wanna meet you,something about a job offer, hmm the clarions call worked with her yesterday" joe looked over the memo "wow allright moneys money plot a course and engage when ready i lcall back the crew" and with that 2 hours after reciveing it the L7 was on her way back home they had sent a memo ahead it was simply" ETA two weeks keep a docking bay warm for us"

The Unlikely Partnership - rayne - 05-16-2009

Jaine was in her office running simulations of the new shield design, Ageira needed a working prototype as soon as possible. The Clarion's Call was away taking jump gate parts to Hokkiado to hurry up the new Jump gate there.

There was a knock on Jaine's door. Frustrated at being disturbed she ordered the man in.

"Miss Walker, there is a gentleman here to see you he said you have a job for him" Said her assistant.

"Very well, send him in"

She poured out two glasses of high quality brandy, Jaine shook the man's hand and asked him to sit down.

"So, Joe I assume? I hear you have a fine cargo ship that can hold its own against pirate attacks... Well we need an extra cargo runner for Ageira parts. Once I check out your ships security and logs, you will team up with my vessel. There we ascertain your abilities and put you to work in one of our divisions" Jaine sat down and took a sip of her drink while waiting for Joe to think over her offer.....

The Unlikely Partnership - jimmy Patterson - 05-17-2009

""well" he thought a second sitting down his eyes both matching her look and wandering not rudely just looking the women over "sizeing her up"

"hmm the Seven is co owned by a buddy of mine,says you work with him sometimes his names jimmy patterson,and you asumed right ms wolfe ,names joe,joe harris shes a DL class as you know class 4 armor she must of been a former smugglers ship was loaded with a bunch of hightech gear kept some of it for my co-pilot, an AI, Reena me and jimmy made" he stopped ajusted his shirt a polo and pulled up the contract detials" ive allready signed save for one line, it said that as its a personal vessel ageria wont insure me and id have to pay for my own fuel and such,that can get expensive and were in red think agera or someone can pick up the tab for the first few runs if no,then i think were done here as i wont beable to afford fuel or inevatibly repairs " he waited thinking "shes smart and sexy gonna make a damn good busness partner and jim might have compitiion" he smiled " one more question, why or how did a preety lady like yourself end up working for the LSF,probly classified but im curious you looked like a freighter captian and youve got the guile of one"