Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed (/showthread.php?tid=20492)

Pages: 1 2

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - nhwynter - 05-14-2009

I am playing the storyline with the 4.84 Mod Activated (the only mod I have activated). I jump with the cruisers and Juni to Willard Station and we proceed to obliterate the Rheinlander Gunships and fighters (with the cruisers doing most/all of the work). When they are gone, Juni sys she is going meet with Walker on Willard Station. Then, the Bombers show up and get destroyed.

Unfortunately, when this happens, Juni is still in space and the game won't let me dock anywhere (i've tried jump gates/trade lanes/other planets).

Anyone offer me a hand on how to get by this? I looked through 20 pages of posts and didn't see anything on this topic.

P.S. When I installed Ioncross and it refuses to work. I get an error saying that TabCTL32.OCX is fubarred.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64. Also, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this post.

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - Boss - 05-14-2009

Uninstall the mod, then restart FLMM in Administrator mode. (Right-click, Run as Administrator)

Reactivate the mod and try it again.

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - slashhammer - 05-14-2009

' Wrote:I am playing the storyline with the 4.84 Mod Activated (the only mod I have activated). I jump with the cruisers and Juni to Willard Station and we proceed to obliterate the Rheinlander Gunships and fighters (with the cruisers doing most/all of the work). When they are gone, Juni sys she is going meet with Walker on Willard Station. Then, the Bombers show up and get destroyed.

Unfortunately, when this happens, Juni is still in space and the game won't let me dock anywhere (i've tried jump gates/trade lanes/other planets).

Anyone offer me a hand on how to get by this? I looked through 20 pages of posts and didn't see anything on this topic.

P.S. When I installed Ioncross and it refuses to work. I get an error saying that TabCTL32.OCX is fubarred.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64. Also, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this post.

I'd the same prob, after I'd restarted the mission, from the last savingpoint, it did work on the 3rd time,
was a bit annoying but I finally succeded.

Otherwise play the story in Vanilla mode, it's far more challening anyways but stays fair.
No Uber-NPC's that will ripp you apart if you don't use at least a moneycheat to afford better
equipment.

Good luck

' Wrote:Uninstall the mod, then restart FLMM in Administrator mode. (Right-click, Run as Administrator)

Reactivate the mod and try it again.

Ok... Did that. Unfortunately, that didn't change anything in the game itself. The bombers are still showing up after the message from Walker to Juni to meet him on Willard Station...

' Wrote:I'd the same prob, after I'd restarted the mission, from the last savingpoint, it did work on the 3rd time,
was a bit annoying but I finally succeded.

Otherwise play the story in Vanilla mode, it's far more challening anyways but stays fair.
No Uber-NPC's that will ripp you apart if you don't use at least a moneycheat to afford better
equipment.

Good luck

I am a relative newbie when it comes to using the mods and Discovery 4.84 in particular. What do you mean by "Vanilla Mode"? You mean un-modded?

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - Boss - 05-14-2009

Vanilla Freelancer is a term used to refer to the unmodded, retail version, so named because it has no flavorings added.

Vanilla FL is the best way to play SP...Disco is bloody hard.

' Wrote:Vanilla Freelancer is a term used to refer to the unmodded, retail version, so named because it has no flavorings added.

Vanilla FL is the best way to play SP...Disco is bloody hard.

SP Disco is bloody hard.. until you figure out some secrets.. like remembering to upgrade shields.. and going away from your norm.. For instance, on Mission 3: Entrance to Berrara Pass. I went in with my Kadesh and 4 Drails, max nano and max shield batts. And I was having a heckuva time. I upgraded, my shields and thrusters and dropped 1 Drail for Class3 Stunpulse, and it became much easier..

That being said, I still haven't been able to get the m3: Respond to Willard, to trigger properly.. and its ticking me off *LOL*

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - Linkus - 05-15-2009

Vanilla icecream does have a flavour added to it.

Vanilla:P

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - Horon - 05-15-2009

Its called Vanilla because it has one flavor, the original one, Vanilla, and nothing else.

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - Cellulanus - 05-15-2009

' Wrote:Ok... Did that. Unfortunately, that didn't change anything in the game itself. The bombers are still showing up after the message from Walker to Juni to meet him on Willard Station...

It actually has nothing to do with your install, its all about timing.

Try cruising ahead of the cruisers or just sitting back and let them do the work, even try to lure the Valkyries away from the cruisers to buy enough time for the bombers to spawn.

Discovery 4.84 - Story line help needed - MarvinCZ - 05-15-2009

Aye, the problem occurs when the main group of Rheinlanders goes down before the bombers appear. Buy some time there... I tried taking potshots at a Valkyrie and forcing it to go full evasive and such... You'll do it after a few tries.