Discovery Gaming Community
Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed (/showthread.php?tid=20565)

Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-16-2009

[THC]Medical-HQ has been sanctioned and jailed for:

Quote:6.1 Every player must have an ID equipped on his or her ship. Players under level 40 might use Civilian IDs
(basic IDs sold on every station), characters who reach level 40 must choose an NPC faction to ally and get
the ID of this faction, or get a generic ID.
All ship and ID choices must be in accordance with current parameters at all times.
from the Zoner ID:

Quote:Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats
Your ID choice unfortunately does not allow liners, regardless of cargo capacity. That got you towed to
Bastille. Ducking your roleplay responsibilities as well increased the fine to 50 million, and will result in
reputation adjustment next time.
Post here when you get the notifications in your hold please, and we'll negotiate terms of release.

Hoodlum

Admin link

Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed - Bluntage - 05-16-2009

I didn't know the Liner wasn't considered a transport. It carries all transport guns and carries transport shields so I guess I just jumped to conclusions and assumed it was a transport class vessel. Someone pointed out that I can't fly ships that "can" carry over 3800 cargo where I thought I just couldn't carry over 3800. I clearly made a mistake here so the sanction is deserved.

As far as the roleplay is concerned I really don't see how I'm ducking my responsibilities. I'm a medical ship carrying medical supplies and thought it was an original role-play idea. I think everyone around was entertained by it as well. I think if you saw the entire encounter then you would think the rp was sound. It was a good 45 minutes of dialogue. I completely explained why I had oxygen, water, human organs, pharmaceuticals, bio-neural processors, Scientists and medical marijuana on board my ship. Those are all legitimate medical supplies. I was diagnosing patients and dispensing medicine to people appropriately.

I guess the plan when I get out of prison is to go get a true transport class vessel. I still want to keep the same rp on this character. I'm not going to use this Medical-HQ all the time, it's just something completely different to do for a change. I think the rp idea is entertaining and thought overall it went pretty well. If I need to scrap it though Hoodlum then that's your call. I'd appreciate being released to Shasta Outpost to correct my ship quickly upon my release. I think if you witness some of more of the rp of this character then you'll be satisfied with it.

Ryan

Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-16-2009

Nothing wrong with the roleplay scenario in itself, I have been involved in similar ones myself. What you
have to remember though, you ain't the only one involved in it. It is not always going to go your way.
That is the nature of roleplay ... If you are going to carry contraband, expect to be stopped all the time.
You have to play it out with all the others involved, and not just come up with a crap excuse to quick dock. Makes you little better than a lolwutting smuggler sticking fingers up at the security forces.
It invariably tees people off, and leads to sanction reports being posted.
You will be released in the next 5 minutes though.

Hoodlum

Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed - Bluntage - 05-16-2009

Thanks Hoodlum. I didn't mean to make anyone upset. I had to abruptly leave before we could finish role playing it out. I had a phone call from my wife who's away with her work so I can't just tell her I'm playing fantasy roleplay space game and to bugger off. I just dropped my medical marijuana, docked and sent Brookstone a private pm telling him I had to go. But when it comes down to it, technically I did break the rules and had a reasonable sanction for it.

Admin notice, player sanctioned and jailed - Bluntage - 08-21-2009

So I've been waiting to talk to Hoodlum and ask him to partially reverse this sanction forever now but that doesn't seem to be happening since he hasn't been around for a long time.

I asked Laowai to review but never received a response.

I was told to ditch my luxury liner so I got a royal liner instead but then was told to get rid of it as "Zoner ID" allows no Liners at all. The rules specifically classify the ship as a transport which means I was asked to get rid of it unfairly. I took a depreciation hit of about $80M (rounded down) and would like this returned on principle. Sorry for posting 3 months after the sanction but I decided better do it now than later and I have tried to bring this up much earlier to no avail.

Thanks

Bluntage