Discovery Gaming Community
Xenos crafts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Xenos crafts (/showthread.php?tid=20736)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xenos crafts - Xing - 05-20-2009

My view of the Xenos suppose that, before the Xenos Alliance, each Xenos bases produced their own crafts, an aging version of the civilian craft further modified with whatever scrap (and duct tape?) their mechanics could afford. As such, each base fly - and still fly their own base affiliated gang colors, although Ouray' has been recognized as the official since unification.

[Image: xenossmallships-1.png]

Sons of Ouray: Cobra LF
Based on an older generation of the very popular Starflyer space ship, the Cobra is the salvaged and somehow upgraded version of this mass produced craft. While certainly easy to maintain because the mechanics are so simple, the increasing rarity of spare pieces gives the impression most Cobra are falling apart with many pieces of its hull lacking.

Nome Howlers: Husky HF
Up in the north, the Husky howls and hunt in band. A craft specific to those operating from Nome, this craft has been known to be the terror of many border patrol crafts from both Kusari and Liberty, despite its size. Savage, wild, in band, the Husky seems unstoppable.

Barrow Scorpions: Scorpion VHF
The pilots of Barrow base are known to be the wildest of the Xenos, and the black and red stripes of their craft inspires fear to anyone daring to cross their path. Surprisingly well maintained comparatively to other Xenos crafts, these ships are kept to top performance thanks to the more shipbuilding nature of cargos passing between the southern borders of Liberty and Rheinland, the Scorpion is a force to be reckoned with.

Alamo Patriots: Black Widow B
The deadliest attack craft of the Xenos, the Black Widows are among the most successful results of Xenos ingenuity. Don't be fooled by it's wreckage appearance for this craft boasts all the firepower needed to take down even the thickest armor.

[Image: largexeno.png]

Xenos Transport
A hijacked and heavily modified Gull transport. This craft has been further armored and armed to serve the Xenos cause, but a lack of adequate maintenance for such a large craft created some aesthetic complication to the ship...

Xenos crafts - Guest - 05-20-2009

...i wish I was at a PC right now. I cant see piccies, but the infocards has win.

Edit: but now that I think of it, Husky and Scorpion does sound rather un xenoish. Snake names maybe?

Rogues should get a Husky, to add to the Hyena, Wolfs and hounds.

Xenos crafts - Spear - 05-20-2009

Nice work mate, that "Husky" I imagine will be a demon to hit in combat. Be nice to see the Xeno's in something a bit more unique.

Xenos crafts - swift - 05-20-2009

Absolutely yes. Rooting for the Scorpion, personally. Kinda like it the most out of all of them.

Xenos crafts - Nitram - 05-20-2009

Names are un-important, what is important that makes me want to become a Xeno. Those ships rule! Somone add this to the mod!

Xenos crafts - Dusty Lens - 05-20-2009

[Image: madmax-mar29.jpg]

Approved

Xenos crafts - reavengitair - 05-20-2009

Wow! thesse are niceeee!!!!!!! I want one! I want all of them!

Xenos crafts - Shaka - 05-20-2009

I've always thought that when the Xenos get their own ships then we've gone too far. I was absolutely wrong. Those ships are full of win and remain consistent with Xeno RP. They aren't some snazzy high-tech military ship; they're welded together piles of scrap.

Way to go, each and every one is fantastic

Xenos crafts - tansytansey - 05-20-2009

Yeah, Rogue ships are usually the ones given the names of canines. And Orin would probably be sad if you gave the name of his Rogue LF ship to a xeno ship D:

Other than that, they look terrifyingly spiky, and I love the patriotism touch with the Liberty logo on the ships wings. But is that a texture glitch in the second picture of the Black Widow? Or is it supposed to be that way? Black Widow is also the name of their class 9 guns... maybe that ship could use a new name also, so it's not so confusing.

Xenos crafts - Xing - 05-20-2009

yeah for the Husky I really wasn't aware... I just picked the first animal that came to my mind when I thought "north"... its a bit too late to change I guess because I already painted the wolf head everywhere on it... xD

and yes, Black Widow is intentional, I really wanted a spider depicted ship - the images are too small, but on the hull next to the windshield, there's a black widow spider painted there.