Discovery Gaming Community
RolePlay? where is it ! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: RolePlay? where is it ! (/showthread.php?tid=20751)

Pages: 1 2

RolePlay? where is it ! - angle - 05-20-2009

I have played discovery for 3 years naw on and off, and still think that the server and the discovery mod is probley the best one out there !. BROWN NOSEING
But it seam to always be the same. The faction houses always stay in there systems and only relay ventor out the odd time for a fight.

i got a good idea and decided to post it and see what you all think realy :crazy:

how about we stop staying in are own faction systems and start invading other ones in mass fighter battleships like a war
yes i now factions are at war so i always hear about as i go from system to system but there is no as you say fighting !
How about we have a faction ownership war on forum telling players of 2 factions that on a day and time the thay would be at war for a system say......

liberty is going to war with the corsairs for the texas system

how ever wins gets the system till a new war is set up

i hope it sounds good, i realy want to start the roleplay up again with discovery because i have only seen a few player useing the rp and think that this will get the faction out of there systems and fighting with each other.

oO sorry about spelling i am dislesick

RolePlay? where is it ! - VincentFerrex - 05-20-2009

... Liberty going to war with the Corsairs for the Texas system?

RolePlay? where is it ! - Nitram - 05-20-2009

' Wrote:... Liberty going to war with the Corsairs for the Texas system?
That is a epic movie in the making right there.

RolePlay? where is it ! - Boss - 05-20-2009

Liberty is at war with Rheinland.
Bretonia is at war with Kusari.
Outcasts are at ware with the Corsairs.

We have enough wars already, I think.

RolePlay? where is it ! - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-20-2009

Where's the roleplay ? You ain't looking hard enough, or it seems your take on roleplay is to have every
one fighting with no particular reasoning.
This is Discovery Roleplay, not those other servers you may have played on before. We do things slightly
differently round here. Hang around a while longer before suggesting impossible and illogical changes please.

Hoodlum

RolePlay? where is it ! - hribek - 05-20-2009

Yes. There's plenty of conflicts already.

RolePlay? where is it ! - globalplayer-svk - 05-20-2009

And when one faction win all fights?what then? For example as you typed liberty vs corsairs.when corsairs winn all fights the we delete liberty from game?

RolePlay? where is it ! - angle - 05-20-2009

ok ok i get the point

it must be silly of me to post any ideas because i get shot down all the time

I let you decided on the server then frends i will just play on it

could an admin delete this post please i feal like a foool

RolePlay? where is it ! - BlueSpawn - 05-25-2009

I don't think you're a fool. I actually think your ideas bear a lot of merit. However, it seems that most people on the server prefer to focus on roleplaying (more verbal interaction), than massive combat.

I've given this idea a lot of thought as well. It would indeed be great to see a shift of territories and so forth. However, Freelancer wasn't programmed for such gameplay. I believe modern MMOs like EVE were made with such game mechanics in mind. The Discovery mod doesn't really have a system that would allow players to actively take over territories without constant mod update releases.

Otherwise, I agree with your proposition.

RolePlay? where is it ! - reavengitair - 05-25-2009

Aww. No you're not a fool. All suggestiong are welcome... at least thats the impression we're meant to put around here... But at first everyone (including me) will put their own suggestion ontop of your suggestion. In this case, that suggestion was no.

But yea. Liberty and corsairs is a bit weird...