Discovery Gaming Community
Get a load of this - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Get a load of this (/showthread.php?tid=20791)

Pages: 1 2

Get a load of this - Ash - 05-21-2009

I stumbled upon this link to an online virtual space RPG game earlier and the main page had a very sexy video. I'm definatey considering signing up. Also you may notice a few spaceship designs similar to some in freelancer;)Te cavileer and BHG capital ships are probably the most obvious.

Here's the link to the page where the video originates from (better qualty)
And Here's the link to lower quality YouTube Video.

Get a load of this - Recoil9000 - 05-21-2009

how did i guess it was going to be eve...

Get a load of this - Guest - 05-21-2009

Oh god....

To quote a wise man...

"Or else I am missing out on the pleasure to have a second job I need to pay for"

Get a load of this - kremmy - 05-21-2009

I played that for a while when goonswarm was trying to knock out some giant faction but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the cash when I had freelancer around.

Get a load of this - AJBeast - 05-21-2009

' Wrote:Oh god....

To quote a wise man...

"Or else I am missing out on the pleasure to have a second job I need to pay for"

Yahtzee!

But yea .. EVE looses its appeal after a while.

Also , i dont like flying around ramming missiles up others peoples exaust pipes... Oh wait , i already do it in FL...

Get a load of this - JakeSG - 05-21-2009

I dislike paying monthly fees for online games, especially when it is so easy to permanently lose your ship, guns, everything you've worked for. Not sure how much grinding is involved, but it sounds like one of the few games that can possibly be worse than WoW for that factor.

Get a load of this - jenya - 05-21-2009

hehe, i only spent 2 hours on EVE

it was sooo borring

EVE - "Get rich or die mining"

Get a load of this - kremmy - 05-21-2009

' Wrote:I dislike paying monthly fees for online games, especially when it is so easy to permanently lose your ship, guns, everything you've worked for. Not sure how much grinding is involved, but it sounds like one of the few games that can possibly be worse than WoW for that factor.
Eve's one of the few games where you can partake in giant battles your first day, so you're wrong there. I started playing eve cause a few of my buddies from a forum needed an extra that night and could have me ready in time.

Also, What's with all the wow-grinding nonsense? They patched that out in 2007, to the point that unless you find something incredibly easy to kill you're losing out on experience by killing things over and over instead of questing and doing instances. The character I made in 2008 is at the "end" of the game and did exactly zero grinding.

Get a load of this - JakeSG - 05-22-2009

Which game here? WoW or Eve?

If it's WoW, I don't really care. They absolutely destroyed the WC3 to a point that I sometimes have urges to cry myself to sleep. Honestly, they kill off all the main characters, how are they going to make a sequel? One of the original dragons suddenly turns corrupt and tries to kill everyone, so you venture into the dream realms? Yeah, sounds awesome.

If Eve, I kinda dislike the idea that anyone and everyone can get an uber ship within a day. Sure, uber Battleship battles sound fun, but looks incredibly stupid when -everyone- has one. I have little knowledge with Eve, so I may be wrong here, but I'm assuming it must be else nobody would bother flying one if they weren't easy to obtain because they'd have to spend an uninterrupted week farming for repairs.

Get a load of this - Eppy - 05-22-2009

Fail. That is all.