Discovery Gaming Community
The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. (/showthread.php?tid=20842)

Pages: 1 2

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - tazuras - 05-22-2009

The junker ID states the following:
Quote: Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo

Now that the Gallic Train has been changed from 4250 cargo to 4450 there is no transport that a junker of Gallic origins can use in RP. At first I thought perhaps the L'Ane (gallic brigands) transport (4000 cargo), but this is illegal as per the technology use chart. It seems the only large cargo vessel a Gallic junker can use that is in RP (sold in gallia) is the prison liner.

Somehow this seems inappropriate. I mean there is no one in gallia smuggling medium to large amounts of good between the council and the Gallic lawfuls? With such huge markets I dont see how there wouldnt be people doing this. Yet there is no ship allowed to do this in the rules.

There are a couple possible solutions to this:
  1. Change the train back to 4250 or 4300 cargo.
  2. Allow junkers (in gallia) to use the L'Ane transport
  3. Make another ship
I dont really understand why the cargo on the Gallic train was raised in the first place, I mean there is the heavy tanker to fly if a gallic lawful needs more cargo space, so right now that seems like a decent option.

The second option allows minimal changes to be made and adds an interesting twist to RP, though perhaps not one in the right direction.

The third option will obviously not be viable until .86, so for now I think one of the other 2 might be best for a temporary fix.

What does everyone else think?

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - Tenacity - 05-22-2009

Um, you shouldnt be smuggling between the council and lawfuls anyways, junkers serve the lawful side, the council and union corse are unfriendly towards them, and the unlawfuls (brigands/maquis) are hostile to them.

Junkers arent even supposed to be landing at council/maquis/UC/brigand bases.

If you want to smuggle, it should be from the gallia lawful bases to sirius locations, and back. You can make a lot of money doing the tobacco / lux goods run, or the neon / cryocubes run, etc. etc. In any of these cases, you'll want to be using a junker or sirius ship - my suggestion is the junker salvage frigate, but the slave liner, pirate trans, or firefly all work pretty well.

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - tyro - 05-22-2009

There are very nice rumors about Junkers in Gallia.

Police:
Quote:The Junkers are not exactly pirates, although they are heavily involved in the Gallic black market. Neither the government officials nor the pirates trust them completely, but their intermediate position grants them many benefits that they could never gain if they were allied with any one particular side.

EFL:
Quote:The Junkers sometimes help us against other pirate groups, for example, warning us about an ambush. I was once flying on a transport and saw our captain handing over a case to a Junker representative. Then we changed course. I don't even want to think what could have happened if the Junker wasn't there to warn us.

Brigands:
Quote:The Junkers are shady characters with whom we sometimes trade and also occasionally kill for sport. Still, they have no choice but to trade with us. No one else has the capability to smuggle goods into the dangerous areas of Gallia like we do.

Council :
Quote:The Junkers are a faction trusted by no one, yet needed by everyone. By lawfuls, to gain information on pirates; by pirates, to gain information and goods from lawfuls; and even by us, to support our economy that has become an integral part of the Gallic black market.

Quote:We never had much information about what was happening outside Gallia to begin with. We could only buy the occasional pieces of data delivered by Junker agents, for a very high price. Our knowledge of the other Houses is very patchy and incomplete at best, while our government knows considerably more, as they can afford the high prices the Junkers demand for their information.

They all make business with Junkers, so Junkers can land on their bases.

Maguis:
Quote:I hear rumours that the Junkers proved to be traitors who sold information on Sirius to our government. I'm not surprised at all. The Junkers are scum who should have been exterminated a long time ago.

They definitely don't like Junkers.

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - RingoW - 05-22-2009

In the contrary to the brigand fighters and gunboat, the Courier freighter as well as the l'Ane transport have no Jolly Roger as a mark. Thats intentional and from my side both were generally supposed to be sold who ever wants them and has the credits for. Ofcourse, to see them among gallic lawfuls would be odd, but they should be free to all gallic unlawfuls as well as generic Freelancer, Smuggler and Pirate.

AoM

' Wrote:Um, you shouldnt be smuggling between the council and lawfuls anyways, junkers serve the lawful side, the council and union corse are unfriendly towards them, and the unlawfuls (brigands/maquis) are hostile to them.

Junkers arent even supposed to be landing at council/maquis/UC/brigand bases.
I dont know why people keep saying this, there is absolutely nothing to support it other than supposition. While on the other hand the contrary has lots of support like the contrary like the wonderful Council quote dug up by tyro :

Quote:The Junkers are a faction trusted by no one, yet needed by everyone. By lawfuls, to gain information on pirates; by pirates, to gain information and goods from lawfuls; and even by us, to support our economy that has become an integral part of the Gallic black market.
In addition to my old stand by from Bourg-en-Bress:
Quote:...since all factions in Gallia, lawful and unlawful, prefer to maintain neutral relations with the Junkers. Only exception are the Maquis...

' Wrote:In the contrary to the brigand fighters and gunboat, the Courier freighter as well as the l'Ane transport have no Jolly Roger as a mark. Thats intentional and from my side both were generally supposed to be sold who ever wants them and has the credits for. Ofcourse, to see them among gallic lawfuls would be odd, but they should be free to all gallic unlawfuls as well as generic Freelancer, Smuggler and Pirate.

AoM
Yes, I would love to use this transport for this purpose. Unfortunately there is no ID that both belongs in Gallia and allows its use:
  • Junkers can't use Brigand ships according to the tech chart.
  • Freelancer, smuggler and pirate ID's only allow 3600 cargo.
And of course there is the problem that the junkers are supposed to be supporting the council economy by smuggling as shown in the above quote.

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - tyro - 05-22-2009

The Great Creator of Universe gives us what we should know and believe by rumors. So, first thing I did, after I have launched Beta7, was the reading all new rumors in Gallia. Junkers position in Gallia and Sirius is now much more clear and unclear at a time.
Junkers:
Quote:The actions of the Council has plunged our whole faction into an uncertain future, where we now face the inevitable crisis that we had half hoped would never come. Aside from their leaders, the Junkers in Sirius have never heard about the Junkers from Gallia, and they became much more powerful and wealthy than we ever could, stuck in here.
Council:
Quote:One of the most unpleasant revelations that we have had is that the Junkers are present all across Sirius and that no one really knows of their true origins, not even most of the Junkers themselves....
I wonder where from Junkers have their CSV, Collectors and Crows which they use in Gallia? Those ships are same as those in Sirius. Maybe they have shipyard in gallic core systems and those ships are gallic origin, or maybe those ships are produced in Sirius and imported/smuggled to Gallia since ages. We don't know yet.

If Junkers in Gallia are using Sirrius Junkers' ships, they could use also the same transport ships.
So, putting Pirate Train into Junkers' base in Gallia would solve the problem of lacking transport ship for them.

' Wrote:If Junkers in Gallia are using Sirrius Junkers' ships, they could use also the same transport ships.
So, putting Pirate Train into Junkers' base in Gallia would solve the problem of lacking transport ship for them.
Yeah, I like this option as well. Just as long as there is something sold in gallia of medium to large cargo size that the junkers can use, otherwise the rumors dont really match the reality.

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - Guest - 05-22-2009

' Wrote:...

Police: Gallic Lawful, allied due to their aid in gathering information about Sirius
IDF/EFL: Gallic Lawful, neutral, see below
Brigands: Gallic Unlawful, friendly due to Junkers bringing them what needs to be smuggled
Council : Gallic Unlawful, unfriendly due to the high prices demanded that only Gallic Royals can afford
Maguis: Gallic Unlawful, hostile with no comment

Each of course, excluding the Maquis, subject to developmental, on-the-spot change.
Ex: A junker who is, in the midst of a confrontation between GRN and Council, decides to aid the GRN, would no doubt be decided as hostile towards the Council.
Ex: A junker who is found pirating a Brigand transport, as they do still hold the ability to demand cargo or credits, would no doubt be decided as hostile towards the Brigands.

Junkers as a whole, regardless of where you go, are, in a way similar to mercs and freelancers, handled on a case-by-case basis as you cant be sure whos side they are on until you see them choose one.

' Wrote:In the contrary to the brigand fighters and gunboat, the Courier freighter as well as the l'Ane transport have no Jolly Roger as a mark. Thats intentional and from my side both were generally supposed to be sold who ever wants them and has the credits for. Ofcourse, to see them among gallic lawfuls would be odd, but they should be free to all gallic unlawfuls as well as generic Freelancer, Smuggler and Pirate.

AoM

Perhaps the transport and freighter that are at the moment "Gallic Brigand _________" could be changed to be "Gallic Pirate _______" like the "Mule Pirate Freighter" and "Pirate Train"
---Which, even though both have Liberty Rogue design, are used by all unlawfuls including corsairs.

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - RingoW - 05-22-2009

Well, lets see if i can label the Courier and l'Ane new, as Gallic Black Market Freighter and Gallic Black Market Transport.
When i had finished the ships, the discussion about ID restriction was still in process. Later i simply forgot, that some ID's don't allow the use of the l'Ane. So i will make a midsize Gallic Black Market Transport for 4.86, i promise.

AoM

The Gallic junker has no transport to fly in RP. - Tenacity - 05-23-2009

Hm... good evidence supporting junker nuetrality there, I hadnt seen a lot of that in-game since I generally refuse to land on seperatist (council/brigand/maquis/UC) bases with my junker.

But, after being constantly attacked by brigand players, they can go screw themselves if they want any info or goods from us...