Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad Battlecruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad Battlecruiser (/showthread.php?tid=20891)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Nomad Battlecruiser - Guest - 05-23-2009

[Image: nomadbccopy.png]
[Image: nomadbcskeleton.png]

Comparison to Nomad Battleship
[Image: nomadbcbscomparisoncopy.png]

I'll admit, I get bored more often than I should...
But keep your distance, i've got an army of firefighters behind me.
Constructive Criticism only.

Nomad Battlecruiser - Jinx - 05-23-2009

it does look a bit like a nomad battleship that got into a bit of high gravity and got "rumpled" sort of. ( or if you like - like a juvenile battleship - not yet grown up ... )

i miss the sleek lines of the nomad ships which are - despite their large mushroom like parts - quite streamlined and never look plump. - yours looks a bit ... pregnant with that massive lower tube.

Nomad Battlecruiser - sean24 - 05-23-2009

Lovely design. I think it would be good if NPCs used it in systems like Iota ect. The ah...green ship, thats the inner layer yes?
Its quite simmilar to nomad BS, maybee some hull changes needed? I dunno. Anyway nice ship.

Nomad Battlecruiser - Guest - 05-23-2009

' Wrote:it does look a bit like a nomad battleship that got into a bit of high gravity and got "rumpled" sort of. ( or if you like - like a juvenile battleship - not yet grown up ... )

i miss the sleek lines of the nomad ships which are - despite their large mushroom like parts - quite streamlined and never look plump. - yours looks a bit ... pregnant with that massive lower tube.

I was going for a juvenile battleship actually...

Not exactly sure what you mean by the lower tube though, the only singular one is on top.

Nomad Battlecruiser - Exile - 05-23-2009

Mindshare says it looks abit off from the rest of the shipline. Something with the Tentacle rate. Plus the things that Jinx said. The whole 'Imma young Battleship' aspect is nice though.

Nomad Battlecruiser - Linkus - 05-23-2009

You know my thoughts:P
The 'arms' need smoothing, especially the 'elbows'.
Y'know, simply whacking the smooth tool in your modelling program could do the trick. Will increase the poly count a bit <strike>but frankly, it's a fighter, they don't have much anyway.</strike>

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it isn't a fighter..

Nomad Battlecruiser - Grumblesaur - 05-23-2009

I say go for it.

...So long as they aren't prancing about Liberty. Too much in there already.

Nomad Battlecruiser - Exile - 05-23-2009

' Wrote:...So long as they aren't prancing about Liberty. Too much in there already.
I was going to make a pool on how long it would take for some one to say that, damn. :)

Nomad Battlecruiser - reavengitair - 05-23-2009

Wow... Awesome!

Ill have fun killing this in my carrier!

Nomad Battlecruiser - Turkish - 05-23-2009

Its shape looks too human to me.