Discovery Gaming Community
Message to the Kusari Government - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Message to the Kusari Government (/showthread.php?tid=20927)

Message to the Kusari Government - Zelot - 05-24-2009

To: KNF & KSP High Command

Re: GMG Ronin

Honorable Samurai, I have sad news to report to you today. While on patrol today I came across a convoy of GMG Ronin ships carrying Gaian Wildlife through Kusari. They seemed to be unconcerned about me reporting their activity to the Kusari authorities. I cannot express to you the revulsion I feel at the trade in these animals. Our common friends in the Gaian movement have been working hard to stem the trade in these animals, and we in the AFA, as well as the Black Dragons have been doing everything possible to help them. This action is a slap in the face to all of those noble Kusari who believe in respect for nature. These GMG are purchasing these animals from Planetform, helping them finance their terraforming of Planet Harris, every credit they get goes directly to stopping our movement in the Taus. I would ask that some penalty be placed on these GMG, for crimes against nature.
[Image: screen930.jpg]

[Image: screen931.jpg]

Minister Ze'ev Barak

Message to the Kusari Government - RockCrystal - 05-25-2009

' Wrote:To: KNF & KSP High Command

Re: GMG Ronin
Honorable Samurai, I have sad news to report to you today. While on patrol today I came across a convoy of GMG Ronin ships carrying Gaian Wildlife through Kusari. They seemed to be unconcerned about me reporting their activity to the Kusari authorities. I cannot express to you the revulsion I feel at the trade in these animals. Our common friends in the Gaian movement have been working hard to stem the trade in these animals, and we in the AFA, as well as the Black Dragons have been doing everything possible to help them. This action is a slap in the face to all of those noble Kusari who believe in respect for nature. These GMG are purchasing these animals from Planetform, helping them finance their terraforming of Planet Harris, every credit they get goes directly to stopping our movement in the Taus. I would ask that some penalty be placed on these GMG, for crimes against nature.
[Image: screen930.jpg]

[Image: screen931.jpg]
Minister Ze'ev Barak

*Transmission intercepted*
*Transmission origin: Kyushu system, ***** station*
*Transmission destination: KNF High Command, New Tokyo system, planet New Tokyo*
*CC:KSP Command, New Tokyo system, Narita outpost*
*Block recipients? Y/N: N*
*Scanning encryption*
*Encryption identified: Generic diplomatic encryption*
*Decrypting.......Done*
*Displaying...Done*
*Replying to transmission*
*Transmission origin: Okinawa system, ***** station*
*Transmission destination: AFA, c/o Ze'ev Barak*
*CC: KNF High Command, New Tokyo system, planet New Tokyo*
*CC: KSP Command, New Tokyo system, Narita outpost*
*RE: Legal status of Gaian wildlife*
*Message body:*

Konnichiwa, Leaders of the AFA, KSP and KNF.
I view with some concern the transmission of the leader of the AFA. I would like to remind all parties involved that, while transporting Gaian wildlife MAY be a 'crime against nature' (My personal view is that it is not, since every organism we transport is very well cared for on its way to be transplanted into its new home), It is NOT a crime in the eyes of the Kusari government, and IS a crime in the eyes of the Bretonians. If the Emperor wishes to declare these materials contraband, we will of course modify our shipping manifest accordingly, but remind him that his tax revenues from his GMG subjects on planet Honshu may decrease as a result.
Minister Ze'ev Barak, there are much more despicable trade items for you to focus your attention on. Two examples that come to mind are Cardamine and Slaves, both of which occasionally travel through Kyushu on their way to Manhatten and Malta, respectively.
If there is still a concern on the part of the honorable KSP or KNF, I will direct my sensei's attention to this matter.
-Ronin Sen Tsudo

*Encrypting.......Done*
*Sending...Done*

Message to the Kusari Government - Jien Kogen - 05-25-2009

Ronin Sen Tsudo,

This matter is being taken into consideration by the Shogunate Council. I would ask the Ronin to suspend the transport of Gaian Wildlife through Kusari until discussions can be concluded. I am concerned by the fact that my intelligence reports tell me that the only people selling these animals is Planetform, a Bretonian corporation, and enemy of the Empire. The fact that you would deal with these people does concern me. Again, I would like to ask you to suspend shipments of Gaian Wildlife until this matter has been decided.

Emperor Jien Kogen

Message to the Kusari Government - Ortog - 05-25-2009

' Wrote:Ronin Sen Tsudo,

This matter is being taken into consideration by the Shogunate Council. I would ask the Ronin to suspend the transport of Gaian Wildlife through Kusari until discussions can be concluded. I am concerned by the fact that my intelligence reports tell me that the only people selling these animals is Planetform, a Bretonian corporation, and enemy of the Empire. The fact that you would deal with these people does concern me. Again, I would like to ask you to suspend shipments of Gaian Wildlife until this matter has been decided.

Emperor Jien Kogen

And so we will noble emperor, so we will. Sigmas children will have a poorer childhood deprived of contemplating those magnificent beasts but if that is the price so be it.

I will not allow any more shipments of those animals in Ronin ships, instructions are to be relayed to all crews still in space .

We were under the conviction it was perfectly legitimate cargo, and the AFA remark was seen as non important since we had no information about the status of the goods to be at debate. As it seems to be banned soon we will comply.

As allways, I am yours to command

Tzuchao

Message to the Kusari Government - Derkylos - 05-25-2009

--Transmission to: Kusari Government and the Imperial Throne--

Your Excellency, honoured members of the Government,

Myself and my colleagues find it disturbing that any heed is paid to transmissions from those who would attack your citizens, or their associates. We, and, I am assured, you, have received many reports of members of this so-called "Alliance" attacking Kishiro holdings and convoys, even within Kusari space itself. For action to be taken upon evidence garnered by them causes us much concern. Clearly, this is an attempt to besmirch the reputation of our trading partners in the GMG. I cannot speak for all my co-employees, but those with whom I am associated implore you to seek evidence from more reliable sources before pressing ahead with any action against such a worthy trading partner.

Your honoured servant, Keigo Taishou, captain of the KTS Nakajima.

--Transmission Ends--

Message to the Kusari Government - Jien Kogen - 05-25-2009

Keigo-san,
I find your transmission disturbing, not due to the content, but the vitriol with which you would attack the Farmers and ask us to find other evidence. The evidence is not in question, these Ronin ships have admitted that they carried the goods, and as at the time, it was not against the law, there are no consequences to it. What concerns me is that does not seem to matter to you, there is no contesting Minister Baraks message. You have just called a Minister of the Kusari government a liar to the Emperor, with no evidence what so ever, over a matter that is already closed. Your message seems to have no purpose beside inflaming tensions, and besmirching, as you so eloquently put it, the Farmer's Alliance and Minister Barak personally. I would remind you of one particular section of the Kusari Legal Codex.
Quote:Defaming the State or the Emperor or insulting a Samurai's honor (all KSP/KNF officers) is forbidden and fined or paid in blood.
I would not normally bring up the Codex in a situation like this, but this attack clearly has no basis in fact and is such an attempt at defamation of a Government Minister. Next time you address the Throne with a complaint, or feel the need to push into a conversation that has nothing to do with you, make sure you are not so blatant in your duplicity.

Message to the Kusari Government - Jien Kogen - 05-28-2009

After significant discussion and research by my advisor's, we have decided to outlaw the possession or transportation of wildlife originating from Planet Gaia in the Edinburgh system. A more extensive explanation of my decision will be available shorty. The Kusari government asks any ships that currently transport these animals to cease immediately. We thank the Ronin for your understanding in this matter, and hope you understand that laws will change from time to time, but it will always change for the good of Kusari.

Emperor Jien Kogen