Discovery Gaming Community
[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. (/showthread.php?tid=21018)

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - Androgynous - 05-26-2009

Hello, first of all thanks to the creators for a great mod, me and some friends are having a blast with it. Secondly, I hope this is the correct forum, if not I am sorry.

To the problem;

I am hosting a Discovery server that mainly me and some friends are playing on. I was doing some trading and such, eventually I purchased a Mammoth transport. Problem is I can't dock on any planets. Is this intended? Did I misinterpret this line?;

"- Unique and simple docking system - large ships can dock everywhere."

Is there any way to circumvent the oh-so-annoying "Dock denied, we are unable to service ships of your size"?

I googled and searched this forum a lot, but alas, no results.

I am sorry if there are other threads asking the same thing.

Thanks in advance!

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - ivr56 - 05-26-2009

Use mooring fixtures above the docking rings at planets.
Same result.
Just cannot dock through docking rings.

' Wrote:Use mooring fixtures above the docking rings at planets.
Same result.
Just cannot dock through docking rings.

Oh god... I feel like such a tool now. Thanks a lot for the fast help!

Guess it's my lacking grasp of the English language that caused this, just googled the word "mooring" and it seems pretty obvious now...

Anywho, thanks again! :)

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - Grumblesaur - 05-26-2009

Two things:

Search Option.

Wrong Forum.

' Wrote:Two things:

Search Option.

Wrong Forum.

Like I said in my post, I tried searching with various combinations of keywords, sentences and such. Found nothing, can you tell me exactly what combination of words would provide a result? Because I found none.

And like I also said and apologized for was if this was the correct forum or not. The help and support forum I found had RP 24/7 (which is to my understanding, the official discovery server) in the forum/subforum name, so I was a bit unsure where exactly my help request should go, there were others who made threads in this forum requesting help for their servers. Again I am truly sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Judging by your post you're a moderator/admin? If so, feel free to move/delete the thread. If you're just a backseat moderator, feel free to report it to an admin so he can move/delete it, and spare others like you the drudgery of posting redundant comments pointing out things people already pointed out and apologized for in their thread.

I shall begone now, my presence is clearly a nuisance.

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - tazuras - 05-26-2009

' Wrote:I shall begone now, my presence is clearly a nuisance.

Naw, we're all a little on edge because of our server being down probably.

I still :ylove:you.

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - Dark_Predator - 05-26-2009

When I take my first Transtort, I'm too can't dock, but I saw how NPC dock and dock with Mouring

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - pipboy - 05-26-2009

' Wrote:Two things:

Search Option.

Wrong Forum.

Is that really necessary? Be nice...

The poor guy was just asking for help.

Androgynous:

No Kurosora is not a moderator, he's just being a jerk. Your presence is definitely not a nuisance, we're always here to help. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. Glad to see you playing Discovery, have fun!

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - monmarfori - 08-21-2012

Use mooring fixtures

[Help request] Ships too large to dock on planets. - Zukeenee - 08-21-2012

Trentman: Pay attention to the dates of the threads you post in. For example, this thread is over 3 years old, and on top of that, your suggestion to use mooring fixtures was already mentioned in the second post. Over 3 years ago.

Please don't do this.