Discovery Gaming Community
Syn's Request - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Syn's Request (/showthread.php?tid=21067)

Syn's Request - Reverend Del - 05-27-2009

Darkness here. In these vents. Only the rats for company. Quiet. Dank.

The creature ,moved sliently through the ducts, his metal appendages clothed in padded material to avoid unnessacery noise. The trail he left behind him wasn't so unnoticeable, blood and not a small amount of it.

Syn had gotten what he wanted out of a Junker, he'd mamnaged to avoid doing any damage to the man, the Reveneant frowned upon the dismemberment and consumption of so called "allies" so Syn had taken the precaution of eating earlier.

What he carried now was a small selection of the things he intended to trade, part-exchange, as it were. and as luck would have it they were lubricating his travel through the ducts.

Syn found the vent and dropped into the darkness of the Crime Boss' office. Taking a position he awaited his quarry. Still silent, still in darkness the only tell tale, the slow drip of quickly congealing blood spattering on the floor.

Syn's Request - Guest - 05-27-2009

A shadow was silently moving in the hallways, a young man in his twenties seemed to be too tired for his own good, wiping his oil and blood stained hands in a even more stained cloth, he was murmuring and gigling to himself silently.

"Darn female..touching my ship...I know what she wants to do...noone touches my ships...noone but me...and only when I know I am.." He chittered randomly, before blinking and yawning softly, chuckling "Darn what a day..." He laughed, now looking like he had never been tired at all.

He stopped still, looking to the lock door to the right..Sylpheeds office. He frowned. He didn't really like entering the room, while he was leading, he usually worked in his own sleeping quarters, but this time he needed some information about the possible whereabouts of his boss...again he had buggered off somewhere right when Mort needed help.

"Will need to find myself a new lass...just because I know her quarter code, doesn't mean she's touching my ships..." He murmured to himself as he opened the large door to the completely dark room, suddenly bursting back from the door, further away from the hallway, a small sidearm drawn from his pocket, his eyes widened a little.

Blood...
He could smell it...
And it wasn't the one on his own hands either, mixed with engine oil it had it's own scent...

Mort licked his lips silently, almost as a reflex, he knew that scent all too well, having felt it more than once since his childhood. There was something in the scent he adored to no end, and, at the same time, hated beyond anything.

The man whispered silently, almost to himself, the gun pointed at the door to the seemingly open room.

"Come out...come out..."

He murmured, then, to the surprise, he steped inside and looked around, the only source of light was behind him, from the hallways.

Syn dropped down from his perch, his feet clanging on the deck plate of the office.

"I'm here, morsel." he hissed. "I have an offer. Something to trade for something I want. Yes."

"I'm not here to hurt you. The Revenant gets upset if I hurt our friends." He chuckled, a metallic rasp to anyone listening. "Yes, very very upset indeed."

He stepped into the light, his tail twicthing in the murky darkness. Standing about six foot fully upright, his legs were liek a dogs, his arms spinde and most noticeably his head was bald with a row of sharp points along the centre of his skull. He looked every inch the monster he was.

"Let's talk, mister boss."

Syn's Request - Guest - 05-27-2009

Mort did draw back as soon as the odd creature droped from it's hiding spot and for a moment the young man seemed a little confused and then grinned slyly.

"Revenant hmm..." He frankly had no idea what was this oddity before him talking about, but he never was the one to try to figure someone out, that is, unless they interested him..in this case it was so, since not every day you had someone visit from your morning hungover.

"Fine...I am all ears then." He said and walked into the room, after locking the airtight door once more, to be sure noone heard anything they should not.

Mort walked around the creature, it looked like he already got used to the form, it was not like he hadn't seen his fair share of oddities back on West Point docks...especially if someone was caught up in some heavy machinery, or, to be exact, what was left of them.

Mort walked over to the large table, but did not take the bosses chair. No, he sat down in one of the two chairs, which were in front of the desk and motioned this visitor to take a seat as well, having seem to forgotten they both were standing in a bloody mess by now.

For some reason, the human did not seem to be the slightest bothered by the creature.

Syn stalked to the chair offered but did not sit, his unique semi-human form was not conducive to a normal sitting posture, instead he simply hunched in front of the desk.

"I am in search of something a little on the heavy side. A ship. Yes. Something with which to incite more terror in the hearts and minds of the foul corrupt Houses." Syn smiled.

"I have not much to offer in return although I had thought the Rogues might make use of these."

Syn reached into a knapsack and dumped a small amount of human organs, hearts, livers and kidneys. It was clear from the amount that there was more than one victim.

"Fresh they can be, much fresher than this, placed on ice. These were just a few, hmmmm... tasters." As he said this he licked his lips. "Nothing Rogue here though. Junker who crossed my path and tried to stop me, Navy recruit who thought that his gaurdian was an appropriate vessel to prevent me escaping, and two from California, unlucky passersby at my last meal."

Syn smiled.

"These can and will make money. Human organs sell well in the right places. I can organise things, yes. Make them come to you. Not all harvested in such a fashion, but certainly not garnered through ... normal... channels"

Syn left the items where they were and moved back towards the door.

"The Barghest is what I require, those are my terms so far, start the haggling and we'll see where it leads." Syn said pointedly.

Syn's Request - Guest - 05-28-2009

Mort watched this and blinked slowly as he was presented the rather lovely mess of human parts on his bosses table, before he quirked an eyebrow and slumped back into pondering all this.

"A Barghest you say...You do know it needs a crew of three to fly....unless" He chuckled silently "You have a few sets of spare arms in there to help ya...or you got a mechanic like me, who can tamper around with it."

Mort laughed rather coldly and nodded to himself as he watched the pile of organs "Hmmm...now this makes me wonder...will slaves sell good to the Outcast kin...or will their organs will do...you wouldn't know what sells better, the innards of children or matures?" He asked with unhidden curiosity "Maybe..I should start sorting the slaves, which come inbound...hmmm"

The young man reached out to take blood covered liver and gave it a small squeeze, before setting it back on the table with the rest of the "payment".

"A barghest it is then....but" He grinned "Would you have something to offer to help us in tampering with the Liberty forces? I've seen your kin in Sylpheed's bar brawl...surely you have some lovely tech, aye? Or would your own boss be unamused of such an exchange?"

Mort licked over his lips silently, this was a chance he would not let go by. He had only heard rumors of the terrorist tech...it may be hybrid tech, but their power was almost legendary.

Syn's Request - Reverend Del - 05-28-2009

Syn chcukled, he'd been told to expect such a request, and the bargaining position was simple.

"The Eidolon expected such a request, yes he did, and his answer was this ' Only chance you'll have of seeing that technology is when it fights alongside or against you.' So that must remain out." Syn ran his long tongue over his lips.

"As for what sells best, I don't know. I don't normally trade in these things, but whatever you need, can be arranged. As for the crew I can find another way around that."

"Make your decision, Mr. Mort."

Mort chuckled silently, he knew it was a lucky shot and he didn't seem to upset about the reply.

"Very well..." He chuckled again and smirked. This thing was dangerous..he could tell that, no wonder they kill off whole fleets. If this creature was as good in fighting on land as he was in his ship, he shouldn't push his luck too far indeed. Or should he...

"But I must say, that peace of tech..even tho heavy and roughly constructed is still one of our most best crafted ships..and the most lethal...I shall say Yes for now...but I think we will want something else in return than bodyparts. Maybe." He added just in case. It was no secret Mort wanted more power...indeed, this creature could offer far more than this, but he was not about to bring down the hammer on his rogues, just because of a failed deal.

"Where do you want it sent...once we have assembled the thing...and, actually, if we are, you could point out some specifics you want on it...for a prize of course." He added the last part a bit more quietly. He wanted to see just how far he could stretch the deal so it was profitable for not only him but all his rogues.

"We can shape it in many ways..."

Syn's Request - Reverend Del - 05-28-2009

"Good, man. You choose wisely. The Phantoms are not at the beck and call of some pirate rabble, no offence intended, but if we find ourselves in the same area and you need assistance, we may be more inclined to assist than normal. Other things can be worked out later, but let's call the rest of the price... a favour. One time deal, if it can be arranged it will be.

"As for the specifics, I will have some engineers sent down to install a few specifics that the ship will require for single person use and the couplings for the weapons that will be used on it. Here are the specifcs on the configuration of the cockpit for my physiology."

Syn walked up behing Mort.

"I will expect to hear from you when the ship is completed, I will collect it from Padua. You wouldn't want me in Cassini, now would you?"

A scraping sound was the only clue Mort had that Syn had left. But left he had.

Andrew chuckled to himself and took his time to listen in if the creature had left and shrugged ...now why wouldn't he want guests...but now he needed a drink. He walked over to the desk and took out a complex looking device, a gift from a hacker and he frowned slightly. The device hadn't recorded any readings of his guest's body...so much for the money he paid for this little biological scanner.

Mort was not amused to say the least. Then again he wasn't much of a dealer, when it came to superpowered beings, ready to kill anything that moved. But he was somewhat proud if they used the Barghest...tho it might have some...undesired results with the LSF if they find these creatures in rogue ships.

Shaking his head slightly, Mort left the room, having forgotten about the pile of organs on his bosses table.