Discovery Gaming Community
The Secret Life of an Agent - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Secret Life of an Agent (/showthread.php?tid=21096)

Pages: 1 2

The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 05-28-2009

[Image: fjDUKUH.jpg]
Name: Julia Wolfe
D.o.B: 13-07-790
Nationality: Liberty Citizen, California descent
Height: 169 cm
Build: Athletic
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Hazel
Affiliation: Semi lawful, Liberty
Work History: Freelance Bounty Hunter | Associate Director of the LSF | Director of the Liberty Intelligence Agency
Ships: Guardian - BDR-804 (Primary Operations) CTE-19000 "Roc" Civilian Bomber (Anti Capital/Smuggler Interdiction)

Julia Wolfe was born on Freeport 9 and lived most of her childhood on a transport ship with her younger sister, while her parents ran scientists back and forth to various research stations. It didn't pay much but it kept the family fed and clothed. When her father retired and settled down on his home Planet Los Angeles, he sold his rusty old ship and gave Julia half of it so she could get out on her own and took she up trading and bounty hunting.

Julia eventually had enough money from various trading and bounties to get a small transport vessel. (The Clarion's Call) It only needed a crew of 5-10 people, but now low on funds Julia operated with a skeleton crew. All of them had a story to tell and accepted her low pay... for the moment at least.

Tension was high on the Clarion's Call. The low pay was becoming frustrating for the crew, they wanted more. The countless losses from pirates was also taking its toll on Julia, she couldn't afford to keep this wreck running. She had to do something and fast.

This is when Julia's life changed.....

After various successful small bounties, she took up a high bounty on a criminal operating near her "home" in Omicron Theta, it was a Corsair. He was a coward and also had a lot of friends. Julia got shot up and barely managed to escape to the protection of Freeport 9, her vessel was badly damaged. After it was repaired, Julia went on her own personal mission to find the culprit. This took her all over Sirius and she made a lot of friends and enemies. These contacts would help her out in ways she never dreamed off. She managed to find the Corsair and even took him in alive for the bounty.

And then her saving grace, Julia got an encoded transmission from the LSF, they wanted her to work in secret, gathering intelligence and assisting Liberty Forces against piracy and law breakers. Given her background and contacts throughout Sirius, she didn't want to pass up this opportunity.

Due to her upbringing and experiences in life, she has had to toughen up and this made her quite feisty and takes her job very seriously. Julia comes across as cold and cunning, always plotting. She was perfect for the LSF and her superiors knew this.

//Stories Legend....
Italics are her thoughts
White speech is Julia's

A Suprise

Julia docked at Fort Bush for emergancy repairs after an encounter with a pirate gunboat, it could have ended badly, but for a Navy bomber wing coming to her aid.

It seems pirate activity is on the increase, I often find myself alone in space with no signs of backup. They are getting bolder it seems too and hunting in packs, there is no way I can handle that.

Julia decided to go for a walk around the station when she met a familiar face......... Her old trading ship the Clarion's Call was taking on cargo. It was her old XO and the new captain.

"Heya Julia not seen you in ages"

"Yea its been hell in liberty recently, this is the first chance I've had to relax in a long time" Julia shrugged her shoulders.

"Lets go to the bar and you can tell me all about it, it will be a while before we are ready to launch"

They hugged and proceeded to the bar.

"I am lucky to be alive Jaine, my ship was ambushed by pirates, and with my smaller ship I was totally unprepared for it. Lucky the Navy was in the area or I wouldn't be talking about it"

"My god Julia are you ok? I would hate to see you die out there you are my best friend"

"Don't worry about me, I am tougher than I look"

Jaine smiled at Julia.

"Well I must go to the hanger to over see the loading of our cargo, don't forget to write Julia"

"I wont, now get going gal"

Julia finished her drink and went to check on just how much damage there was....

The Long Day

Well I got some good news from my superiors today, I get to fly the new Avenger fighter, its just unfortunate that she is still out of action. The repairs are almost finished, just a shame routine maintenance found the targeting system was offset by quite alot, so I am grounded at Baltimore Shipyard for the time being... Ah well, I may as well get to know people. Thought Julia....

She wandered around the base looking a bit lost, until someone from the Navy approached her....

"Hello, not seen you around here... Judging by your uniform you aren't a civilian."

"That is correct sir I am not, I work in tandem with the Navy and the Police.... That's all the information I can divulge" Julia smiled.

"Say no more, I understand... Well carry on miss er? What is your name anyway"

"Julia Wolfe Sir. My ship is grounded due to repairs and minor malfunctions, blasted pirates"

"Indeed, the pirate activity is on the increase and with the war on the Navy can't always be there"

"Aye, its a big problem... Hardly see the LPI around for that matter. Now if you will excuse me I have some work to be doing" She saluted at what appeared to be a high ranking Navy official, not because she had to but it was the proper thing to do. After all she didn't want her real line of work to come to light. He saluted back to acknowledge her and Julia proceeded to the restaurant section of the station.

Julia had to wait a while before her ship was ready, so she did some reading on previous missions the LSF had been involved in. Somethine caught her eye.... A secret base in Ellesmere, obviously she hadn't heard of it before, but it was one of the main staging areas of the agency.... She couldn't wait to go there and become a real agent.

Mayday Mayday...

While on a test flight in the Avenger in Colorado, there was a lot of traders passing by and comm chatter. Julia was near Pueblo Station when a distress call came in. She was glad to be in space again and headed out to the source of the transmission.

"Mayday Mayday, we are under attack from unknown ships... Requesting immediate assistance"

The message repeated. Julia maintained radio silence, all the while homing in on the distress call. She relayed an encrypted transmission to the Navy and to her superiors... Just in case.

The sensors shown 3 contacts in the distance, they couldn't be identified at this range so Julia rigged for silent running and moved in closer.

Oh no, not nomad bombers, I'm gonna need back up here. She thought.

The freighter now had her in range. It was badly damaged but it still had shields and weapons operational.

"Agent please assist, I can't hold out much longer"

"I will try to draw their fire, backup is on the way... Hang in there"

Julia managed to get the attention of 1 of the bombers and an intense dogfight ensued. The other was setting up for an attack run on the freighter.

After what seemed like an eternity, Julia managed to get a critical missile hit on one of the bombers and it disintegrated.

"Score that got him... Unknown freighter what is your status?"

"....... Hull buckling.... Life support failing.............. *static*"

"Blast, I just hope they are still alive in there........... This is Liberty Avenger Beta 2 relaying a mayday message to anybody in range........ Requesting immediate assistance"

A Navy fighter wing dropped out of the trade lane and proceeded to engage the remaining Nomad. It didn't take long for them to destroy it, after all a bomber is no match for a fighter swarm.

"Agent Wolfe are you ok? We need to tow this freighter to Houston and look for survivors"

"Roger that"

One of the Navy pilots boarded the vessel while the Julia and the others towed it to base.

There were a number of casualties and one fatality.

It's better than a debris field, just wish I could have done more to help. Julia thought...............................

Infiltration

While Julia's fighter was getting a refit, a senior agent of the LSF wanted her on her wing, so she jumped into her secondary craft the Upholder bomber. Their destination was deep into Nomad space. They managed to slip by all the Order patrols relatively un-noticed. This was Julia's first secret mission and she was rather excited about it...

Beats intercepting mere pirates. She thought

On arrival to Omicron Delta, she was in awe of the place, so pretty but yet very dangerous. The two LSF agents did their best to remain "invisible" but the Nomad sensors must be different as they ran into many Nomad patrols.

Julia was very quiet while on the recon mission, the senior agent had seen it all before and was leading by example. They went to Omicron Iota for a very quick look......................

"YOU, will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Said an unknown voice, there was nothing on sensors and the voice sounded very close.

"W-whoo aare you?" Julia whispered

"I am you nightmare, your nemesis. Remain here and you will suffer a fate worse than death"

Julia tried her best to ignore the voices but they were very intimidating. The senior agent said it would be best to leave this place, Julia didn't argue one bit. There were ghost sensor readings and voices, she thought she was going insane.

"WARNING!! WARNING!! Low fuel" Said the ships computer.

Blast, this is all I need. I don't want to be stuck in hell.
Thought Julia, she diverted power from her antimatter reactor, not a wise move considering its a power core for one of the most deadliest weapons ever made, but it gave her enough of a boost to make it into Alaska.

The Order were now very much aware of the presence of the LSF agents and they sent an Osiris to cut off their escape, lucky for them it positioned itself to far away from the jump hole.

"I got a partial scan of the ship, I am under fire....Making a break for Alaska" Screamed Julia.

The captain of the Osiris followed them through but it was too big to mount an effective chase.

They got into Alaska but it wasn't over yet.......They had to navigate past all the Nomad patrols and maybe even fight them... Julia didn't have the fuel for this...

After some time they made it to the nearest base, Julia was out of fuel completely now and had to be towed to dry dock.... She got out of her cockpit and went straight for the bar to reflect on what just happened.................

Undercover

While on Manhattan, Julia was following someone who knew too much about what the LSF do behind closed doors. The man she was watching had no idea she was there, Julia thought it was very unfortunate that they were on the same side.
How the LPI know of what we do is very worrying, I must find out what he knows.

The man had been spouting his mouth of about Alaska, Nomads and Zone 21. The LSF didn't want the return of the Nomads to be known to the general public and they didn't need a man of the law saying things like this.

She caught up with him and he was talking to a very shady character, from the looks of it he was in The Order. Julia observed from the shadows with a directional microphone, hoping he would say something she could keep him silent with.

"The Nomads have been using the corridor in Alaska to get into Liberty, they somehow manage to activate the gates, we need the assistance of the LPI to track them.... The LSF can't be trusted." Said the shady man.

"Got it, I won't let you down."

They parted company and Julia resumed following the LPI officer until he went down a narrow alley. This is where she pounced....

"Tell me who you are working for boy, we don't need people like you blabbing your mouths off, the civvies don't need to know about aliens... You should bloody well know this." Shouted Julia.

The man was silent and scared since he knew who she was and recognised the blaster pointed at his head.

"Well, I will give you a reality check cop... Carry on saying things like you have been and your life will become very difficult and your family will be paid a visit... Are we clear?"

He just nodded at her... She knocked him out with the butt of her blaster and searched him, he had nothing on him except her name.

Why does he have my name? This is very worrying.

She injected a very small tracking chip into the back of his neck to try and ascertain his movements and to make sure he can be controlled. Julia made her way back to her Avenger Fighter, trying not to be seen in the area......

The Meeting

Analysis

Back on Alert Station Julia was pondering her next move, she couldn't have an enemy in the Navy.

There was only one problem with the data that the crime boss had given her, it didn't have coordinates of where the patrol was destroyed.

Damnit, I should have known he would try to screw me over. Never trust a Rogue.

Julia got in her fighter and headed for California to search the patrol routes of the Navy in the hope of some evidence. After all data can be falsified.........

Just when she was about to give up her scanners picked up an unusual engine trail just behind Planet Mojave, Julia moved in closer to investigate.

Well well, it seems he was telling the truth. I must contact him and try to arrange another meeting. We have things to... "discuss".

She headed for Riverside station to refuel and make some calls to her superiors.

"We need to bring a team out to California, there is "evidence" that we don't want people to know about." She said

"Acknowledged. A team will be dispatched within the hour." The comm went silent and Julia waited.

I may as well head for the bar and relax, not much else I can do on this matter.

The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 06-03-2009

A New Role

Julia received word that she had been promoted to Secretary of Special Operations, something she wasn't expecting but it was a nice surprise.

She had a lot of work to do, reading the notes of the man she replaced and to get her new office to her liking.

The furniture is all wrong here, can't be having this. I also need to see who is undercover.

The list was long, they needed to hear the news of the new secretary and that would take some time. Still since she now had some authority, the secret liaison with the Liberty Rogues was much easier to pull off now. She needed to arrange another meeting with Andrew Mort.

After spending hours reading all the notes, Julia decided to head for home in California to have some downtime. Along the way she encountered Mr Mort in his cargo ship. They spoke about the next step in this arrangement.

They had to part company when passers by came too near, they didn't want eavesdroppers to blow the whole thing wide open.

On her arrival at home she discovered her apartment had been ransacked, she searched to see if anything was missing.....

Nothing important missing.... Hmmm what's this? Julia found something on the floor that looked like a Navy insignia....

Either this is Mr Karlo's doing or someone is trying to sabotage my work... I will need to get to the bottom of this...

Julia was feeling rather uneasy and violated about having her home broken into, but she was relentless in finding out who was behind it all.....

The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 06-08-2009

The Chase

Julia had been gathering intelligence on who had broken into her home, she had narrowed it down to the LPI officer or the Order Agent he was talking to.... When she got a message..

"The person you are looking for is no longer in Liberty Missy, try the Omicrons..."

"Who are you? And what makes you think I am looking for someone?"
Julia questioned

"Never mind who I am, I just know things... Proceed to Omicron Minor with care, it isn't a nice place for Libertonians"

Julia managed to acquire a civilian built fighter, the Eagle.... Her Avenger would be too visible and most likely get destroyed before she reached the planet....

A while later she arrived at Planet Toledo and was granted docking rights, Julia had managed to hack into her transponder to broadcast an Order IFF... She docked in the main hanger and rushed off to get out of her flight suit. Julia needed to blend in and she already had her cover story and alias at hand.

Suddenly... A man that looked like the mysterious contact back on Manhattan was at the bar, she ordered a drink and sat within earshot of him....

"Our plans to find a corrupt officer in the LPI are coming along nicely" Said the man on his comm device.

Interesting... I must find out what they are up to... If they are behind breaking into my home, I could be on to something big here... She thought

Julia walked over to him to introduce herself... He checked out her cover story..

"Everything checks out, I will take you to my commanding officer and he will see what he has for you"

"Excellent... I just want to do my part to rid Sirius of the Nomad threat... Whatever it takes"

"You will fit right in here then lady"

Off they went to the Order base, the Commander gave her a patrol job of the Omicrons to see what she was made off...

More bloody patrols, will this ever end? Still I will find out what I need in good time.