Discovery Gaming Community
The Secret Life of an Agent - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Secret Life of an Agent (/showthread.php?tid=21096)

Pages: 1 2

The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 06-12-2009

The Spying Game

Omicron Minor was very quiet for a change, there were hardly any Order ships around, so Julia decided she would use this opportunity to investigate the surrounding systems.

Shortly into her flight, an unusual sensor reading came up on the main viewer.

"Computer, run a detailed scan of the area... I need to know everything about this place"

It took some time to complete the scans, she needed to remain inconspicuous and not get seen by anyone. Once the readings came back it revealed a jump hole about 15 clicks away.

Hmmm, I best see where this leads.

Julia jumped into the next system to be greeted by weapons platforms and what seemed like a navigational nightmare. Lucky for her the weapons didn't fire on her as her hacked Order IFF signature was still paying dividends.

Right so this is were they hide.

After hours of flying around aimlessly she uncovered a secret base, a high tech shipyard. Julia needed detailed scans of its defences and what it produced.

So this is where they produce their Nomad weapons, I would love to get my hands on a few of those.... Blast, I better get out of here, can't let that cruiser see me.

After careful flying she managed to make it to Omicron Minor undetected... Julia set-up a long range rely to send the scans to Eureka Research Station in Ellesmere for them to study......

The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 02-23-2010

Back to Liberty

On her return back to proper duty with the Security Force she was greeted with the news that there had been some changes. The first of the major changes was the retirement of Deputy Director Carpenter and the subsequent promotion of Associate Deputy Director Deus to Deputy.

Stood at the docking port on Alert Station was Director Copperfield himself, he looked like he had something important to say.

Greetings Julia, hope your undercover mission went well? I look forward to reading your report. But that can wait. With the retirement of Deputy Carpenter and the promotion of Mr Deus to Deputy leaves a spot open on the high command."

Julia was shocked at the news and wondered where this conversation was headed.

"Yes I have a lot of data on Order ships, installations and a high tech shipyard, it will on be in my report sir. Now as you were saying?" Julia inquired.

Copperfield straightened his tie and cleared his throat.

"Well Miss Wolfe, due to your excellence in heading the Special Operations Division, you were the best choice to become the vacant Associate Deputy Director. Congratulations Director."

The announcement made Julia unsteady on her feet with delight.

"I have earned this. She thought

"Well I am speechless Sir, I will not let you or the rest of the agency down"

Copperfield raised a smile.

"You speechless? Thats a first from you Julia."

They both laughed and Julia shook the hands of David Copperfield and went off to her new office.

Now that I am on the High Command my voice will be louder, we need to make changes as Liberty is a mess.

Julia began uploading all the data she had collected on her extended mission in the Omicrons and pondered on what to do next.......

//OOC: Kinda neglected this, the promotion was ages ago, but going to pick up the story from there.

The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 09-25-2010

Feeling the Strain

A long time had passed since Julia was promoted to Associate Director, her work load had increased tenfold and the strain and pressure of the job was beginning to take its toll. She was becoming more intolerant of little things and she was very snappy at the agents under her command.

Julia and a small wing of LSF ships were working with the Navy to hunt down Order intruders in Alaska and she even snapped at what appeared to be a high ranking officer of the navy, but their identity was unknown.

Many of her friends think she should take a leave of absence but, Julia being Julia was having none of it. Her duties these days consisted of public relations, giving assignments to LSF agents and staff management.

Bogged down in paperwork, came a knock at her office door.

"YES?"

Her personal assistant walked in nervously and handed her yet more paperwork.

"If this is more junk you are handing me then I advise you to turn around and shred that, I am not in the mood for this."

"But, ma'am this is about your new department, it is from Agent Robinson and is recommendations."

Julia starred at her and motioned for her to put it on her desk and leave.

Very interesting, these new tactics may just be what we need, we have been losing a lot of ships lately. She pondered on that thought.

She then got to work on a memo and sent it around to the various departments.

//If you are in the =LSF= feel free to role play here with me.

RE: The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 04-13-2020

Lost

After an anomaly with a jump hole, Julia ended up in uncharted space, far out of range of anyone she knew. Julia had never felt so alone, except when she was originally promoted to Associate Director in the LSF and all her friends kind of stayed clear of her for a while.

"Where the hell am i?" she wondered

The ship's computer barking all sorts of warnings and malfunctioning systems.

"Cruise drive is at 25%, shields malfunctioning, weapons offline, port thruster - destroyed, starboard thruster at 50% integrity"

"Blast, now what am I going to do?"

Julia looked around and headed very slowly towards a nearby moon, as she got closer however.......

"Computer. Scan the moon for an atmosphere."

There was no breathable atmosphere, but there was a small base with signs of life. She headed there as fast as the damaged ship would allow.

"Mayday, Mayday. My ship is severely damaged.... request permission to land"

There was no response, she tried several times at hailing the base...... No response. Julia decided to take a big risk and land just outside of the perimeter and suit up for zero atmosphere conditions, with her sidearm in hand of course.

Once she arrived at a "back door" she pressed the panel at the side of the airlock and to her surprise, the doors opened. Looking around, she came across the hangar bay and saw several familiar ships docked....

"Well, that's something at least. Guess I'm not too far from home"

She headed towards the bar in the hope of someone who is either friendly or doesn't know who she is. As she got near the bar, there was a tap on her shoulder................

RE: The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 04-14-2020

Captive

Julia turned around to see an agent of the Order pointing a blaster at her. She sighed and thought, well this is all I need.

"Well isn't someone far from home and any kind of help?" He smirked

"I don't know what you are talking about. I am a simple bounty hunter with a damaged ship"

"LIES... I know who you are Julia Wolfe and the very fact you are flying a Liberty fighter gives you away, even if I was dumb enough to not do my research"

Her heart sank, the game is up. I guess they will interrogate me and then kill me no doubt. He motioned her to turn around and proceeded to restrain her, she resisted to the best of her ability but he was too strong.

"The more you resist, the more I will enjoy hurting you. Now for your own good, stop RESISTING"

They walked towards the docking bay and boarded a transport. What seemed like a life time they arrived at a secret Order base. Julia was taken to a small, cold and dirty cell, she was already looking for an escape route, she also had her suicide pill hidden away just in case the "interrogation" got too much.

Julia was left alone for weeks, she knew this tactic and it was to drain her mentally before the real interrogating began.

First came the waterboarding and the stress positions, she could handle this very easy as it was part of the basic training for an LSF agent to go through.

"More water guys, I feel a bit dirty from being at the same base as you scum" She laughed

Next came the white noise and sleep deprivation, this was harder to deal with but, Julia knew she could handle it. This went on for a few weeks, Julia was exhausted by now and the torturers saw this and then decided to start questioning her.

"What is the current status of the LSF and the Navy?" The inquisitor barked

Julia just stared at him with a blank expression.

"Where is your research base?"

Again no emotion from Julia.
The inquisitor punched her in the face and burst her nose.

"What are the locations of your undercover agents"

Julia just laughed in his face. He moved closer to eyeball her and she spat in his face. The inquisitor just threw her on the floor in response.

"If you are so good, you will find this information out yourself, either let me go or kill me" Julia laughed again

The torture and lines of questioning went on for months and months. Eventually they just gave up with questions and just took her out of the cell for regular beatings and typical torture.
That went on for years until that eventually stopped. Guess they are bored with me she thought.

Years upon years of hard manual labour and questioning, things were looking grim. Julia however never stopped looking for a way to escape, but by pure chance or stupidity on the part of her captors, her opportunity came.......

RE: The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 04-17-2020

The Signal

Julia was exhausted from the intense labour, she was returned to her cell after a long "shift" in the prison's underbelly. The Order enforcer looked at her and smirked.

"All you have to do is tell us everything you know"

"You honestly still think the information I have is still relevant? Boy you really are dumb" Julia just laughed at him.

He came up close to eyeball her, this is when she seized her chance. She headbutted him and took him to the ground, she grabbed his shock stick and shocked him unconscious. Julia grabbed his keys and made a break for it.

Gotta get a signal out to Liberty, if I can find a way. She thought.

She climbed in to a vent and crawled around for what seemed like hours, but in actual fact it was minutes. Julia knew her window was closing..... She climbed down from the vent into a deserted hangar, she ran to the nearest ship and activated the power. This set the alarm off....

"Blast, there goes my plan to fly this thing"

She hacked it's comm unit and remembered her old LSF frequency.

"I hope this works..... This is Director Wolfe calling Liberty Security Force, I have been taken captive by the Order. Trace this signal and send help, I don't know exactly where I am and I fear they will kill me soon."

She repeated her mayday message until the Order came, the canopy opened and 2 agents pointed guns at her.

"Nice try Wolfe, lets go back to your favourite place shall we?"

"We are going to Liberty? That's nice, will save my friends from having to make a trip" She laughed

"Comedian are we? NOOOO you are going to a special cell that is designed to break the most hardened of conditioning"

They took her to a glass cell that had intense bright lights that gave extreme headaches, sleep deprivation and can send a person insane.... She was heartbroken. A few days passed and she was sent to her regular cell for basic food and water.... She prayed for a rescue or death and then passed out from exhaustion.................

RE: The Secret Life of an Agent - Stolt. - 04-25-2020

(04-18-2020, 01:57 PM)Stolt. Wrote:
Opening Transmission File

[Image: APNEW3.png]

Sender ID: Adrienne Perry
Recipient ID: Norman O'Connor, =LSF= (Ret.)

Hi Norman,

I haven't died. I can't get into it because its confidential but I promise I'll make up for it after this. I need to know if you received this communications burst as well?

(04-17-2020, 10:40 AM)rayne Wrote:
The Signal

"I hope this works..... This is Director Wolfe calling Liberty Security Force, I have been taken captive by the Order. Trace this signal and send help, I don't know exactly where I am and I fear they will kill me soon."

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry

Closing Transmission File

(04-18-2020, 07:08 PM)Catbert Wrote:

Subject: Do I look like I've seen a spook two spooks?

Hello Adrienne,

I admit, you caught me off guard with your message. First you come back from the dead, and then you tell me that Julia Wolfe is alive and out there somewhere. This sure is looking up to be an interesting day. And no, I didn't get the message. I've been out of the loop since I quit the LSF all those years ago. Also, you needn't explain anything about your sudden resurrection. I'm still aware of the need-to-know basis.

The question is, what do we do about Wolfe's predicament? At this point, I'm pretty much a civilian. The days when I was in charge of SpecOps or in the Directorate and had strike teams at my beck and call are long gone.

Sincerely,
Norman O'Connor

[Image: SLDrLa0.png]

(04-20-2020, 06:59 PM)Stolt. Wrote:

[Image: ap2.png]

Recipient ID: Norman O'Connor, =LSF= (Ret.)

I know someone who can handle the rescue and wetwork. But I could use some back up for the recon. I've got a distress signal sensor; the frequency and pitch of the signal should increase the closer we get to Wolfe, so at least we'll know the direction. And then, we do a bit recon and forward the info over hostage rescue team. You in?

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry

(04-21-2020, 07:36 PM)Catbert Wrote:
Subject: Once a spook, always a spook

So, tracking down the target and calling in the cavalry? How oddly familiar. But sure, why not. I figure I'm still savvy enough with that sort of tech. I'm a freelancer now, but this job is on the house, for old times' sake. I figure we owe Wolfe that much for what she's done for Liberty.

Sincerely,
Norman O'Connor
[Image: SLDrLa0.png]

(04-19-2020, 04:05 PM)Stolt. Wrote:

[Image: ap4.png]

Recipient ID: REDACTED

Let's make a deal.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry

(04-20-2020, 02:56 AM)Kaze Wrote:
Encrypted Comm

Transmission; Start
Identification: REDACTED
Encryption: Secure

initializing image feed...
image feed not available...

Mrs. Perry. I already paid my dues regarding the IC hack. While I do understand it was quite the market breaker, your choice of reward was delivered and executed.
Also, if you haven't heard, I'm quite dead.

So. What is it?

Transmission: End

(04-20-2020, 07:27 PM)Stolt. Wrote:

[Image: ap6.png]

I'll send you a defibrillator.

I need you to conduct a hostage rescue. And wetwork. I've attached a photo ID of the hostage [CLICK TO OPEN ATTACHMENT]. I'd like her alive if possible. You can wipe out the hostiles holding her. And yes, that is who you think she is. I know she's tried to kill you in the past, but that was ten years ago so let's try to forget that shall we?

I'll get her exact location soon. I'm still pinpointing the signal's origin.

Do you want a favour in return? Or will cash do?

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry

(04-20-2020, 09:47 PM)Kaze Wrote:
Encrypted Comm

Transmission; Start

Wolfe.

Fantastic. I need all the data you have on hand. And you pay for all the breakage.

(04-22-2020, 12:40 PM)Stolt. Wrote:

[Image: ap8.png]

[Image: obl-hideout.png]

Just completed a recon op at the coordinates where Wolfe is located. She's in a three-storey compound surrounded by 5.5-metre (18 ft) concrete walls topped with barbed wire. The compound walls are higher than usual in the neighbourhood, although nearly all houses in the town have barbed wire. This might indicate a high crime rate, especially during late-night hours so you might want to take this into account when planning the timing of your operation depending on whether you want witnesses or not. Furthermore, neural-net connectivity in the area is low which might indicate jammers. We know the compound has security cameras installed based on high resolution satellite imagery and thermal scanning. There are two security gates and the third-floor balcony has a two meter (7 ft) privacy wall. The compound has 3,500 square metres (38,000 sq ft) in size, and had relatively few windows.

I interviewed one of the main builders of the compound, Craig Hendersmith. He was instructed to construct the 5.5-metre (18 ft) high perimeter fence and then to build another wall 2 metres (7 ft) tall around one of the dwellings. He became suspicious and when he asked about the huge, fort-like walls, he was told it was none of his business. According to Hendersmith, one or two dozen men and women came to supervise the project and they were not stingy with funds.

Whatever OPFOR is in there may be well equipped to handle any intrusion. However, it also seems that nearly all the security measures are low tech in nature. High walls, but no indication of thermal or pressure scanners on their part. They have security cameras, but the low neural net connectivity indicates these cameras are operated on site, presumably at a camera or security control room. It does not appear to have connection to a remote location. This might indicate these guys have set up here all on their own, so in case of an attack there may not be any reinforcements.

I've been able to successfuly confirm the distress signal Julia Wolfe sent came from the coordinates at this location. I've forwarded it to you via 5.K.Y.P.3./D.I.S.C.O.R.D. protocols. Based on the above information, I strongly suspect this compound is where she's being held. It does appear to be a small kind of prison or concentration camp of some sort.

As mentioned rescue her and eliminate all hostiles and get back to me when this is done. Let me know if you need any sedatives in case Wolfe is hostile to you when you arrive.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry

(04-22-2020, 06:21 PM)Kaze Wrote:
Encrypted Comm

Transmission; Start

Very well. I will have recon conducted as well to survey any other variables.
It does leave one point out to resolve.

I want a hard copy of all classified files from LBXIF and 50.000.000 SC.

(04-22-2020, 07:28 PM)Stolt. Wrote:

[Image: ap9.png]

[CLICK TO SEE ATTACHMENT] - Payment confirmation.

The LBXIF related files are located at the safe at the Rm. 23-09 at the Marriott Hotel at Fukushima District, Planet New Tokyo. Try not to be a whistleblower.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry

(04-22-2020, 08:15 PM)Kaze Wrote:
Encrypted Comm

Transmission; Start

I'm not the one sharing secrets left and right, Mrs. Perry.
I'm the one that keeps them safe. I do see you still remember Idemitsu.

Anyhow, I already contacted ground assets to initiate recon. Will deliver life feed by COMMO on first contact.

RE: The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 04-29-2020

(04-26-2020, 01:37 AM)Kaze Wrote:
Disposition Matrix

A priority comm appeared in Perry's data-pad. Opening it, the first person view of someone inside a small military freighter, holstering a side-arm. A small red silent klaxon appeared softly through the small bay. The camera moved to the side where a black clad man appeared and shouted with a finger up.

"ONE MINUTE TO TARGET."

Nodding, the hands picked up a large duffel bag and looked at the back of the freighter. A large covered pallet awaited its eager release. Thirty seconds in, the cargo door opened and a hard gust of win entered the freighter cargo bay, throwing around papers and a couple of ropes that weren't tied or attached. The red klaxon showed up again and the black clad man ran towards the pallet and pulled a lever, dropping the pallet out. Walking towards the cargo door, that was now functioning as a ramp, the camera looked at the black clad man. The red klaxon appeared for one last time. and the man gave a thumbs up and screamed in the radio again.

"NO PINGS. WE ASSUME EVERYTHING'S DENVER."

The hands made sure the duffel bag was set and secure, before walking slowly right up to the edge. Not bothering to jump, the camera slowly started to fall, increasing its momentum as the view angle turned downwards. And then Perry heard a voice, right before it fell into the dark.

"Assumptions are the mother of all ***** ups."

In the pitch-black, the camera suddenly turned crimson with contrasts, giving way to shapes and forms at last. Small light dots permeated the ground below and a quick look around seemed to indicate it was alone. The sound of the air resisting against the drop was loud and furious, as gravity continued its pull. One hand moved to the opposing hand wrist, and opened up a small wrist-pad where a small grid with two signals showed up. The signals were dropping fast through the grid and an altitude number was racing to zero. One small beep with a blue hue happened.

The hands opened up and the arms stretched causing the body to turn and decreasing the speed of the descent. Not long after, the black duffel bag appeared to the left, unclasped. Opening it, the handle of a weapon was produced, being followed by the main chamber and barrel. A grenade launcher. Grasping it, the wrist-pad beeped again, this time with a yellow hue and a countdown for 30 seconds.

The hands aimed the grenade launcher below, and Perry finally saw the objective. She recognized the compound where Wolfe was being held. Cut short by the dry sound of the grenade launcher being fired, one could see the grenade cartridges flying into the void below, without any explosion. No. The countdown hit the 20 seconds, with the signal that was closer to land disappearing and a large swathe of blue energy growing uncontrollably and eating up all the area below.

"IMGINT loading."

The radio voice cracked through the video. Suddenly, several dots were painted in the camera GUI. Not even five seconds later, one of the dots was painted gold, as a green circle was drawn on a specific point of the ceiling. At the same time, the rounds fired by the grenade launcher exploded all over the compound.

"VIP painted gold. All electronics burned. Show's yours. Holding for EXOP."

The hands disappeared and for a while so did the sight of the target building as the camera turned upwards toward the horizon. Finally it turned back down showing off that the person in question was diving now, feet first, with a small package under them. The ground grew closer and closer with each passing second. And the breathing, that Perry now noticed was always present, stopped moments before hitting the building's roof.

The package exploded and a metal like shield expanded from it. Foam, dust and a hellish racket was all that came through the camera for a while. Shots were fired, screams were heard and finally silence took its seat as the cement particles settled. The camera trailed the shotgun. Four bodies were on the floor. One missing part of its head, one leaning against the wall, bowels tasting air and dust for the first time and the other two lying down on pools of their own blood. The gold symbol flashed on the HUD, marking the objective of this all. The shotgun was thrown to the floor alongside a small black pack. An SMG took its place and the soft hum of it being energized filled the dead room. Shouts at the distance were finally heard and the camera started its run.

Kicking down two doors and blocking the only access to that floor, the last lonesome guard died with a spray to the head. Finally, the target was on sight. Julia Wolfe, bound to a metal bed, trying to raise her head towards the camera's direction. Suddenly one of the hands produced a small handgun that then shot a dart at Wolfe's leg that immediately collapsed. Checking her vitals, the hands effortlessly removed the bindings and grabbed Wolfe over the shoulder. Another small black pack was left where Wolfe was. The camera HUD flashed, with several red dots closing on their location.

"ESQUIRE-1 secure. Secondary extraction. ETA?"

"Twenty seconds. Conclusion?"

"Scorched earth. Danger close."

Not even waiting for a reply, the camera started a run towards the room where it performed its entry. The dots kept getting close, funneling to the entrance of that floor. Suddenly they turned back downwards and an explosion was heard in the adjacent room. Not that it mattered. The camera didn't show the how, but only the what. It suddenly rose through the hole in the ceiling, up to the scorched rooftop. The sound of ship engines revving as they closed in, grew. The camera, turning around, showed the silhouette of a small hover cargo car speeding towards them. Gunfire and heavy lasers dotted the sky, trying to hit the agile ship. It however did not waver from its predestined course, skimming the top of the compound. Rising something like a climbing ax, the free hand threw it on the air and it was promptly caught by a small net that was dropped from the back of the cargo car. Like fishes caught in a speeding motion, the camera looked back at the now distancing building and focused on the metallic military butterfly bombs that were hovering down towards the ground.

As the first one touched the rooftop of the building, a massive explosion rocked the building. And another. And another. All in sequence, ripping the compound apart.

"ETA for EXTOU?"

"Forty seconds. Two clicks out. Scope's clear."

The voice then spoke as if she was not speaking to the radio, but to the viewer.

"Perry. Our business is concluded. She'll be in Curacao."

And without notice, the transmission dropped.

RE: The Secret Life of an Agent - rayne - 04-29-2020

Back to reality

Julia was stunned that her mayday call was even heard, let alone acted upon and she was now free and back in Liberty. She had no ship of her own and took a transport ship to Manhattan to try and find someone in government to talk to about her absence and her return. Julia was in deep thought while travelling and she wondered if it was the Order at all that had taken her captive. Then it dawned on her, they were mercenaries hired to take her out of the picture. Julia had caused a lot of problems for the criminal underworld in and around Liberty, someone wanted her gone.... Not killed, but to suffer unimaginably.

"But who was the mastermind?" She wondered

"First they sabotage my ship and then managed to sneak up on me to take me prisoner, I will get to the bottom of this. But I need a ship, I doubt I can continue in the LSF. I will need to try and create my own network" Julia pondered.

Once arriving at Manhattan, she proceeded to the government administration block. She flashed her old credentials, the woman on the desk was shocked and called security to question her authenticity. She passed, but only just.

Julia was escorted to the intelligence committee and debriefed them on what had happened. They were sceptical at first, but soon came round to the idea after Julia explained the same story 10 different times. This is when she pitched her idea.

"Ok this is my proposal, I doubt I can just wander back into the security force as Associate Director. So I propose we form a new intelligence agency, one that works in the shadows in tandem with the LSF. We will go where others dare not go, talk to those who don't wish to be and find those that want to remain hidden. The Liberty government doesn't even need to fund it, I will find private backers for that, unless of course you wish to use the black budget"

"Miss Wolfe, can you give us a bit of time to discuss this idea" The chair said

She went outside and waited for hours before being called back in. Julia sat down and waited eagerly with what they had to say.

"We have debated this new agency you propose, the Liberty administration will look the other way on your activities on the condition you report any intelligence you acquire to the intelligence committee , the LSF and where appropriate to the Navy and police. You will of course need to find funds for this, we will supply ships and a temporary HQ for you to operate, other than that you are on your own"

Julia was excited, she knew funds wouldn't be a problem as she had gained a fair bit of wealth from her old trading ship that was still being operated by her friend, they hadn't managed to cut her out of the profits, as even with Wolfe missing, her cut went to a family member. A clause in the contract. But that money would only go so far, she needed a sponsor and fast.

After sleeping on the idea, Julia came up with a name, Liberty Intelligence Agency and set out on recruiting for her cause, one was to find out who was behind her abduction and secondly was to eliminate any threat to her and Liberty.