Discovery Gaming Community
Les Vampir Brigands - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Les Vampir Brigands (/showthread.php?tid=21120)

Les Vampir Brigands - Guest - 05-29-2009

' Wrote:Comm ID: l'Capitaine des Vampirs Diablo

Who are you I have never heard of you nor seen you in any battle, we have fought against the GRN. It is Us that defend gallia against the Royal wrath as no one else is ever there. *Laughs* Just another idiot making IDOL Threats against a Superior Pirate Force. Mon Amis as a Somebody I put to you if one report comes to Valence base that any of your ships has engaged a Brigand Unprovoked, or while Taxing.
You or those Responsible will be PUT IN THE GROUND, Period!!!
Diablo OUT..........

[Image: francistransmission.png]
[font=Times New Roman]
My good friend
That would be Admiral Jean de Vienne aboard the Dunkerque, flagship de la flotte du Nord.
Now, once again I must ask that you reconsider your ill-chosen decision,
in the interest of both the Council, and the Gallic Brigands.
Do not let hostilities rise out of your own foolish pride.

My request is out of respect, not selfish desires.
However, my patience on this matter is running out.

As soon as you are able, make your response over this communications line.
It is only open to those of the Brigands, myself, and other highly respected members of the Council.

Les Vampir Brigands - Black Widow - 05-29-2009

' Wrote:
[Image: francistransmission.png]
[font=Times New Roman]
My good friend
That would be Admiral Jean de Vienne aboard the Dunkerque, flagship de la flotte du Nord.
Now, once again I must ask that you reconsider your ill-chosen decision,
in the interest of both the Council, and the Gallic Brigands.
Do not let hostilities rise out of your own foolish pride.

My request is out of respect, not selfish desires.
However, my patience on this matter is running out.

As soon as you are able, make your response over this communications line.
It is only open to those of the Brigands, myself, and other highly respected members of the Council.

Now you just wait one min mon amis, you were the very first person who threatened us with action by saying you will park your Gauloise Cruiser at Reunion and fire on any brigands Taxing. If this is the case the we will gun you down in self defence, I have already honored a pledge that we would tax AWAY from council bases etc but none the less we would still tax. if this is not pleasing to you then it is your pride that will result in your Demise.
So we tax away from council Bases etc but nonetheless we will still tax in council systems, if hostility is met even when this condition in force then you will have yourself a Problem??
Hows that for a compromise??

Les Vampir Brigands - RockCrystal - 05-29-2009

Ughhhhh... where do I start...
Madame Admiral, am I correct in thinking that your concern is not so much WHERE we are taxing, but WHOM? If so, I can put your mind at ease. Over 90% of our customers are going to either buy or sell at a lawful base during their time in Gallia. In other words, they are supplying the enemy, or funding it, or both.
Furthermore, we have NEVER, NOT ONCE taxed an envoy to the Council, or indeed to ANY Gallic unlawful faction.
Now. PLEASE. Can we discuss this like civilized, Gallic men and women?

Everyone we tax is of no importance to the Council they are all friendly to the royals or at least like to remain neutral to them. WE will only Fire in Self Defence as we always do, and firing on council is not what we are about we like to keep friends with You....
but your side continues to give us threats and ultimatums that I will NOT bow down unless we have a compromise! Please I ask you admiral to reread everything you have put forward to us so far. And see thats these are threats and not compromises, if we are to be neutral we cannot be barked at !!!!
Diablo out

Les Vampir Brigands - xavier - 05-29-2009

***Incoming Transmission***
**DECRYPTING**

Sender: Xavier Richelieu
Source: Planet Marne, Champagne
Recipient: Le Capitan Diablo
CC:Admiral Torvul

Capitan Diablo,

You do not know me but my name is Xavier Richelieu and I am a special envoy of The Council specializing in delicate negotiations. I believe you are acquainted with my close associate Louis. Regardless, for obvious reasons this matter was brought to my attention.

First of all I would like to say that the Council is looking to find a peaceful resolution to this matter. We have always valued the support of the Brigands in the past and we hope to be able to do so in the future. You must understand however that the Council must be seen as maintaining order in its space and protecting the people under its jurisdiction as well as those who we seek alliances with, such as the Sirians.

Please understand that Admiral Torvul was only trying to maintain the Councils reputation when he said those things, any member of The Council would have said the like on an open channel. Additionally, like many military commanders, force is the language he best understands and is one he is very adept with.

Now to get to the matter at hand. Despite our slightly varied interests, I am sure we can come to an agreement that would be mutually beneficial for both of us. One thing I can say for sure is that if you are 'taxing' Sirrians who are carrying supplies that are military in nature and you are sure will be delivered to those allied with the crown, I think we may be able to look the other way. Considering our history with the junkers I dont feel that any of your interactions with them would concern us either, as long as we could not be implicated as being permissive of any extreme actions, like if you attacked them in front of a Council Base. Anyone carrying illegal goods, such as cardamine, obviously would not fall under the protection of the council.

I think the crux of an agreement like this is what goods are considered to be of a military nature. In order to reach an agreement I am willing to stretch this definition a little more than most. I will include:
  • Gate/Lane Parts
  • Robotic Components
  • Basic Alloy
  • Nuclear Devices
  • Military Vehicles
  • Iridium
  • Platinum
  • Cobalt
  • Copper
  • Hull Panels
  • Hydrocarbons
  • Quantum Multiplexors
  • Deuterium
  • Black Market Munitions
  • Light Arms
  • Engine Components
  • Plutonium
Now, if you will agree to not attack any Sirian trader bound for a Gallic civilian base who is not carrying one of these goods in Council space it will go a long ways towards your relationship with The Council. It will also go far towards our tolerance of more than one Council cruiser I am told you may have in your possession despite not having any authorization from The Council. As we are both men of honor I am confident we will be able to come to an amicable agreement in this matter.

Sincerely Yours,
Xavier Richelieu

***End Transmission***

Incoming........

Comm ID: l'Capitaine Diablo des Vampires
Source: Aile de Chagrin Hangar, Valence Base Dauphine System.
RE: Agreement

We shall Accept these terms then, only traders moving through Council Space carrying these illicit goods will be stopped and asked to pay Tax.
Unless they are Junkers in which case they shall be expected to pay tax no matter they carry as we know those Dogs are in League with the GRP.
But all traders caught Transporting any items whether Illicit or Not through Royal Navy space will be asked to pay a Levy regardless. Unless of course they are supplying an Allied base for which we will not intervene!
In Exchange we ask you to Grant us Permission to Man 2 of your 'Obstinate' Cruiser Class Ships for use in Home Defence and in Allied attack against the Royal Swine.
Thankyou for you time

Diablo out...........

Les Vampir Brigands - xavier - 05-31-2009

***Incoming Transmission***
**DECRYPTING**

Sender: Xavier Richelieu
Source: Planet Marne, Champagne
Recipient: Le Capitan Diablo

Capitan Diablo,

I appreciate your willingness to compromise on this matter. On behalf of the Council North and the Loyalistes de Philippe Renuad I agree to your terms.

One final note though, as the Council needs to gain the favor of both the lawful people of Sirius and the Gallic people, we cannot be seen as condoning unlawful acts, such as the killing of traders. As such this agreement is to be kept secret. If you or any member of your group ever mentions that the Council condoned any such unlawful actions, it would put our relationship in great jeopardy. I am sure you understand our position on this matter.

Respectfully,
Xavier Richelieu

***End Transmission***