Discovery Gaming Community
BH BS - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: BH BS (/showthread.php?tid=21340)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

BH BS - (BH)_Endeavor - 06-03-2009

I've noticed that mostly all the new Battleships including the corsair dreadnaut is way too armored compaired to he Bounty Hunter Battleship. I'm not one to complain but the ship does need a armor refit close or near to the current BS class ship out now. It has not been not changed sence 4.84 when the ship was introduced and i beleave its about time to was balanced to were it can put up a decent fight against the osirus and all other ship

Also..... I have noticed the firing arc and angles are off an the firing solution can and will stop firing in some areas around the bottom and sides you have to reset the weapons or repress the firing key to get the turrents to fire i find that to be disapproving and anoying.

I hope most People agree with me sence most Bounty Hunters have used this Ship an have issued the same problem as i have.

BH BS - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 06-03-2009

Err... The BHG BS is small, therefore it can dodge. Hence it does not need higher armor. Same with the Osiris. The Zoner Juggernaut, for example, has 1500k armor, but its the largest ship in the game (perhaps 4.82 Corsair Dred or BSII are bigger, but i digress.) It CANNOT dodge. This makes sense, doesnt it.

In a sence yes BUT their is a error to the logic your presenting. The mark II BS belongs in between the BS class an carrier class as you said due to its size thats why the BH BS ship needs resizing,armoring or another ship made be sides the BH BS to match the ability of these new ships.

That is what i believe to be the only way to balance all issues for the Bounty Hunter.

THE BOUNTY HUNTERS MUST ADAPT OR DIE thats the only was to go for now

BH BS - tansytansey - 06-03-2009

Bounty hunter ships, particularly capital ships seem to fall into the 'light' group. Meaning they have lower armour and high manoeuvrability. It's just the quirk of Bounty Hunter ships. It will require a different tactic to use than the other battleships, and it may be underpowered, but it is not unbalanced. Armour is not the only important stat in balance, manoeuvrability and size, as well as strafe power also need to be taken into account. For what the BHBS lacks in armour it makes up for in agility.

BH BS - Daerune - 06-03-2009

' Wrote:THE BOUNTY HUNTERS MUST ADAPT OR DIE thats the only was to go for now

Just because you cant attack most other battleships head on any more does not make it unbalanced how about you Adapt and find a different way to fight other then the brainless head to head tactic

BH BS - Eternal - 06-03-2009

Personally , I would be more then happy to see the BHG BS with 1 million armor and ruffly the size of the Legate , more then happy.

BH BS - carlabrams - 06-03-2009

The Bounty Hunter Battleship, like all Bounty Hunter cap ships, is designed with our specific needs in mind.

In other words, aim directly at the enemy, try not to get too close to them, and use your long range weaponry to blow the crap out of them while you're dodging left, right, up, and down. Failing that, charge straight at them, then do an EK and pivot while keeping the nose of your ship facing them, and continue shooting them.

It is a light battleship as far as armor is concerned. But it's still easily capable of standing up in combat with all the big ones - and does so quite nicely.

I agree the ship can be considered a lite battleship. But this main thing is that the Bounty hunter ships are underpower either intentionally or it was RP related. Even so we need some changes made soon or we will be so badly outguned it will not make any sence to keep up any war with theOrder and explorer Nomad space. I've noticed the new BS model has what seems to be double to triple reinforced armor plating on the front and around the main sublight engines to were it can be posible to abb some more armor percentage to the ship.

BH BS - johnpeter - 06-03-2009

THEY ARE NOT UNDERPOWERED! THEY ARE THE MOST MANEUVERABLE IN THE GAME! On a side note, you seem to be the "buff my ships 'cuz they lost" sort of person.

BH BS - frozen - 06-03-2009

BH ships are in no way underpowered. they are lightly armoured to give high amounts of agility. they have rather hard hitting guns for their fighters/bombers, and a gunship that is about the same size as a barghest (slightly bigger methinks) to deal with fighters/bombers, a gunboat with a fwd gun to deal with caps, a destroyer which is very agile and has a 100% working and fitting hitbox allowing it to dodge supernova shots a bit better than ship with cylinders or cubes for hitboxes, a BH BC which has a thruster and superior frontal firepower, one of the smallest battleships of the mod which has 2 more turrets and more frontal firepower than an osiris, against which it fights primarily, and was balanced against.

a lone battleship was never intended to be the checkmate move for other classes, instead this mod focuses heavily on team effort. kind of similar to how a CTF in unreal tournament works (one guy runs with the flag while others defend him, if he falls, someone else takes his place until the team fails or scores a point). currently, the decider between osiris and BH BS fights is which pilot has more skill in flying his/her vessel. thats how the whole freelancer universe works- the person with the most skill wins. again, instead of blaming the tools for winning a fight, i suggest you blame yourself, and practice instead with what ya got.