Discovery Gaming Community
Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies (/showthread.php?tid=21372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - Zig - 06-04-2009

Incoming Transmission: Liberty Guildmaster Sam Radford

This transmission and its accompanying bounty board are officially endorsed by the Bounty Hunters Guild, as affirmed by yours truly, Guildmaster Radford. Up and at 'em, boys - the amount of crime committed beneath the pseudo-peaceful banner of the Zoners is absurd and must be curtailed. None of this "Zoner neutrality" - it's a pretense and a sham, nothing more. Bring law to these lawless Border Worlders. It's about time blanket rewards were issued in exchange for bringing these con men in.

Transmission Ended

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - Malaclypse 666 - 06-04-2009

Comm ID: Malaclypse, Chairman, Council of Zoners
To: Some heretofore unknown IND mouthpiece

Names, sir, names.

It's quite impolite to bandy about allegations without any specifics whatsoever.

"Sombunall Zoners", you say? i demand specifics, and the tiniest spec of proof would be nice also.

Until you can provide any of the above, "Ian Collard of IND", please provide us a view of your backside walking away.

Thank you berry much,
Chairman Mal

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - RockCrystal - 06-04-2009

Comm ID: Peter Kristall

"Assisting criminal elements"? You mean like shipping the Food from Freeport 2 to Planet Houston? Or were you thinking of the research into dark matter we're funding on Ames? Maybe it was the Interspace Commerce office on Bethlehem that you were really thinking of.
Oh, and to the BHG. Do you really want to supply Dabadoru yourself? Because that can be arranged.

To: Jay Simon, CEO, Interspace Neuralnet Division
Comm ID: "Fishin' Fool"

Jay,

You get any time to cast a fly or dangle a lure any more? I sure as Thud don't. Ah, the good old days.

Anyway.. It seems some officious little bureaucrat from one of your minor divisions is getting rather snarky for some unknown and probably unverifiable reason.. (Not to mention offering bounties on Zoners which amount to pocket lint...)

I was wondering if you might have a word with this pencil pusher, and see if you can determine what's up his heinie?

Appreciate it, old bean.

Mal,
All those pretentious titles, yada yada.

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - Athenian - 06-04-2009

' Wrote:Comm ID: Peter Kristall

"Assisting criminal elements"? You mean like shipping the Food from Freeport 2 to Planet Houston? Or were you thinking of the research into dark matter we're funding on Ames? Maybe it was the Interspace Commerce office on Bethlehem that you were really thinking of.
Oh, and to the BHG. Do you really want to supply Dabadoru yourself? Because that can be arranged.

---Incoming Transmission---
--CommID: George Graves--

I get any more veiled threats like that like that and I'll get cranky, you fence-sitting dimwit.

I've seen reports on evidence of Zoner involvement in cardamine smuggling in Liberty. Seems there are a few muppets who think that "Zoner" translates as "above the law". And now it seems that this abuse of your organisation's credentials is out in the open once and for all. And knowing the close links between the Guild in Liberty with the local commercial and political interests, Radford's announcement is hardly surprising. I guess the Freeports don't see much of the misery that drugs cause up close and personal.

But that's neither here nor there. I imagine you all are so squeaky clean it doesn't concern you who live out there in the great beyond. And once word gets out that Liberty has taken the step of a pogrom on Zoners, it might help you weed out those bad apples skulking around.

I imagine some Liberty hunters will take this up with the gusto of a sheet-wearing cross-burner. Others might be not so quick. I imagine individual conscience should be trusted here.

Seems like the diplomatic channels need a bit of work here. Over to you.

Say no to drugs.

Signed,

George Graves

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--

Quote:I imagine some Liberty hunters will take this up with the gusto of a sheet-wearing cross-burner. Others might be not so quick. I imagine individual conscience should be trusted here.

Comm ID: Mal, for the TAZ this time.

Well, George, I see your point. I would like however to see the tiniest shred of evidentiary proof here, just so I can make sure my own Popes are not dealing in distasteful (and un-Sacramental) substances.

Eris is not particulary fond of "orange", except as a Discordian name for one of the Seasons.

But you're smack on regarding the need to consult one's Pineal in the matter.

My Pineal is telling me that Liberty is becoming a rather dreary and Hodgy place.

Fancy that.

Regards,
Mal, for the Bafflin' Boyz

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - RockCrystal - 06-04-2009

' Wrote:---Incoming Transmission---
--CommID: George Graves--

I get any more veiled threats like that like that and I'll get cranky, you fence-sitting dimwit.

I've seen reports on evidence of Zoner involvement in cardamine smuggling in Liberty. Seems there are a few muppets who think that "Zoner" translates as "above the law". And now it seems that this abuse of your organisation's credentials is out in the open once and for all. And knowing the close links between the Guild in Liberty with the local commercial and political interests, Radford's announcement is hardly surprising. I guess the Freeports don't see much of the misery that drugs cause up close and personal.

But that's neither here nor there. I imagine you all are so squeaky clean it doesn't concern you who live out there in the great beyond. And once word gets out that Liberty has taken the step of a pogrom on Zoners, it might help you weed out those bad apples skulking around.

I imagine some Liberty hunters will take this up with the gusto of a sheet-wearing cross-burner. Others might be not so quick. I imagine individual conscience should be trusted here.

Seems like the diplomatic channels need a bit of work here. Over to you.

Say no to drugs.

Signed,

George Graves

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--
No need for name calling sir. I was simply thinking of that last load of Nuclear Devices I took up to Dabadoru, and whether I just shot myself in the foot.
I have a very simple policy with regards to drugs:
1. No Cardamine.
2. Anything else, only to responsible adults, from responsible adults.

I'll see you hopefully on the diplomatic channels, and hopefully NOT on the battlefield.
-Peter

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - darthbeck - 06-04-2009

Incoming transmission.
Comm ID: BHG|Armmagedon

hmmmm, intresting.

i think i will wait on collecting this until the navy or police says something about it being valid....

but i am gonna be heading back to texas, to prepare myself for knocking out some zoner smugglers.

Transmission termanated

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - BlueSpawn - 06-04-2009

IP: 349.901.fp15.tx
Callsign: Lightwing
To: Hribek
Cc: Guildmaster Radford, George Graves

I am sad to hear news of Zoners breaking House anti-smuggling laws. Please be aware that the Zoner Trading Consortium, with pilots marked under the tag (]c[), have not smuggled any sort of goods or committed any illegal acts in Liberty space. In fact, we take extra precausion to avoid breaking any laws in any of the Houses.

On a side note, I find the undiscriminate Act against all Zoners to be somewhat peculiar. If a law breaker was found in Liberty either smuggling or aiding an enemy, surely his/her name would have been writen down. There are at least 4 independant Zoner factions with radically different goals and agendas. Why target all Zoners?

I ask the Bounty Hunters Guild as well as any pilots who wish to act on behalf of this proposal, spare the Zoner Trading Consortium from the destruction of our ships. I also would like to suggest to Bounty Hunters not to attack ships that (1) have not been proven guilty of the above stated crimes, or (2) are not caught in the act of smuggling. Otherwise, you might be making many enemies where there were none.

Ian Collard: I sympathize with your situation, but if you do not provide a list of names, you will be making enemies with half a hundred people that had nothing to do with your accusations.

Ian Collard's Interspace Bounty Board replies - Recoil9000 - 06-04-2009

Comm ID: Captain R. Kingston
To: Mr. Ian Collard
Subject: Zoner Bounties?

Sir, what are you thinking? You can't just go and offer a bounty on all zoner tagged/IDed vessels. May I remind you that we as zoners are a motley of different people. Sure some of us come from not so appreciated backgrounds, but that gives you no reason to accuse our entire state of being 'corrupt'. Why must our people as a whole suffer for the actions of the individuals? May I recommend that you take out your quarrel with those individuals and not the rest of us.

~Richard Kingston, Captain of the Zoner cruiser SS.Eclipse, stationed in Omicron Delta