Discovery Gaming Community
The Rheinland Bomber - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Rheinland Bomber (/showthread.php?tid=2148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Rheinland Bomber - Qunitinius~Verginix - 01-05-2007

I started this Post to say that the Rheinland Bomber needs to be changed. I was flying though Omega 5 today on my character Roddy&Rita[JammyDodger] and I was beset by FOUR pirates and to my surprise they ALL had the same ship: The RH bomber.

This situation was really starting to piss me off, because after the four of them quickly took down my ship (they gave warning, i give them credit for that). We talked for a while and I was able to take some screenshots of what they said:

DAMNIT! I dunno what happened but the four screenshots I took of that incedent are gone, one I took shortly after is still their though..... Strange.

But anyways, the convo was kinda basicially me trying to explain how it was against RP for pirates to usethe RH bomber and they would say "If its sold on a corsair base, I will use it!"

After all this, The one Zypher guy I was talking to did, say that if it wasn't sold on Yaren, he would not be flying it.

I belive and I will stand true to RP in saying this, that in the next mod release, the Rheinland bomber should be removed from Yaren base and mabey even a Taidan bomber put in its place. They way its situtated right now it goes against everything RP has strived to be against.

I would also take the time to ask for: A Liberty, Brentonia, and a Kusari bomber. Even Better, a bomber designed after the Dagger ship class, or Legionaire. This would prevent pirates from useing ships that should only be used by the house Millitaries.

If I can find where those pics when, I will post them.

Verginix out

The Rheinland Bomber - romer - 01-05-2007

1)Yes: The RH Bomber should be removed from Yaren. It is an elite ship (apparently...b/c everyone and their grandmother is flying one now) made by Rheinland. Something needs to be done, or soon we won't be able to move for all the RHB's clogging up the server. Apart from the fact that it's being semi-exploited as an 'uber-ship'... sort of like the Luxury Liner.

2)Yes: ...the Taiidan is already there.

3)That's a tough one... I voted yes... really for no good reason at all... Though giving everyone a bomber would not only be a lot of work, it might not solve the problem. We'd still have bombers everywhere...they'd just look different.

At the very least, the RHB needs to be stuck on a Guard base somewhere. That way if someone wants to get one, they have to RP a little to get it. (ie taking missions and/or getting the proper faction tag) While we're at it... maybe all elite ships should be relegated to Guard stations. That way we would ALL have to follow proper RP... at least long enough to get the ship of our choice.

The Taiidan is already there?! Aw crap my mistake, I only thought it was sold on Battleship whatever it is.......

I should change that, or If i can't, everyone just vote yes or something....

Also, its not a issue that everyone is using a bomber, its just that there are people use the WRONG bomber, according to RP.

Verginix Out

The Rheinland Bomber - Virus - 01-05-2007

Rheinland Bomber needs to be in the RHEINLAND GUARD SYSTEM. GUARDS SHOULD BE WAAY MORE DIFFUCULT TO BECOME FRIENDS WITH.

The Rheinland Bomber - Koolmo - 01-05-2007

the problem is, there ARE only 2 bombers... and the RH bomber is much better suited to pirating. I say bombers for all factions that have Mk. II fighters, and Mk.II fighters for those that don't. Who got you BTW? I need to shill out a bounty...

You talking to me Koolmo? If so, I was first attacked by x-vlad and Zypher and ravok and 1 other guy.

Eventually, upon Rita and Roddys respawing in cambridge, X-vlad attacked us again and we took him down,a single bomber is no match for a gunboat.

The Rheinland Bomber - X-Vlad - 01-05-2007

It was Zypher that got the actual kill. I started the attack, but i missed with all guns (have no idea why) and then the rest of them started in, after I responded that I would indeed like assistance. Are you paying to the guy thats name is on the kill, or to all involved? I must say, I like money...

The Rheinland Bomber - Koolmo - 01-05-2007

Lol, I'll pay upon screenie, and only to whoever got the actual kill. Although, this one as a gang-kill as far as I can tell. Im gonna have to look at my bounty terms, I wa shoping this would be a little more 1vs.1.

EDIT:
Quote:renewed 4 Jan 07
Bounty posted by Koolmo.
on Roddy&Rita[JammyDodger](last seen in a Rheinland Gunboat).
8 million credits paid twice.
Fighter or gunboat only, no bombers or capships.

Sorry guys, your kill was in a bomber. QV, you're still prey for someone. :D

The Rheinland Bomber - DBoy1612 - 01-05-2007

1. Yes. It should be removed. It is a Rhieland ship. What is it doing on a Corsair base.

2. It is already is on Yaren

3. I think all should have them. Because bombers can be used for everything, from protection a system, to blowing up the first train you see.

The Rheinland Bomber - pchwang - 01-05-2007

1. It should NOT be moved.
2. It's already there.
3. Both pirate and house should have them.

I say they should not be moved because I have always thought it stupid that pirates cannot fly house ships. There is no rule in RP for that.

They should, however, sell the RM Bomber somewhere in Rheinland space.

Anyone should be able to buy a house ship, even a RM Gunboat, and do whateve they want with it.