Discovery Gaming Community
The Rheinland Bomber - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Rheinland Bomber (/showthread.php?tid=2148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Rheinland Bomber - Ant - 01-09-2007

' Wrote:Reduce the max thrust and the bomber will be helpless against a fighter.

Thrust is the bomber's main defense against more agile ships, as you use it to thrust away and get enough time to turn and face your opponent without taking an awful lot of fire while turning.
Capships are virtually defenseless against bombers at the moment.
Shouldn't every ship have a weakness? It encourages a lot more teamwork.

The Rheinland Bomber - Nussebull - 01-09-2007

I'm getting tired of fighting those bombers... Make all its guns slots class 8
so they can't have any good pulse guns.

I don't really care if they change it, I'll just avoid them.

Nuss

The Rheinland Bomber - Yngen - 01-09-2007

Korrd, a bomber SHOULD have a disadvantage against a fighter. Traditionally, bombers always have. Bombers should be ships that require much teamwork to use properly-they must be covered while they do their job. The RH bomber is just a VVHF right now, only its just about as fast has a VHF. If you want the bomber to be just as fast as a fighter, then the armor must be reduced. Or you can keep the armor and slow the ship.

If either the speed or the armor were reduced I believe the existing weapons and power would be warranted. Fighter pilots should be able to dodge novas and tizzies, if they cant they aren't paying attention.

The Rheinland Bomber - Ant - 01-09-2007

' Wrote:Fighter pilots should be able to dodge novas and tizzies, if they cant they aren't paying attention.
Unless they are on a higher than normal ping(220 for me).

Anyway, I just realized that a Rheinland bomber has significantly more firepower than a Bretonian gunboat.
Not really sure how much sense that makes, unless it's been decided that capships aren't really needed.

The Rheinland Bomber - Korrd - 01-09-2007

I would prefer the armor reduction instead of the speed cut...
Also, some less bots and batts would be good too... That thing has too many of them.

We make it have 17k armor (from 21000) and 100 bots/batts (from 145)

The Rheinland Bomber - Death Shadow - 01-09-2007

In Starlancer the bombers are really powerful but they turn worse than FL gunboats. Maybe we should make the bomber like SL bombers. maybe have this:

2-3 class 10 weps
1 CD slot
3-4 Torp slots

The Rheinland Bomber - Korrd - 01-09-2007

3-4 torp slots.... O_O

That would make anything bigger that a cruiser obsolete.

The Rheinland Bomber - Virus - 01-09-2007

I think what it needs is 17k armor, 100/100 NB/SB, and four class 9 guns! The class 9's are nearly as powerful as the class 10's, some of them are even better!

The Rheinland Bomber - Death Shadow - 01-09-2007

' Wrote:3-4 torp slots.... O_O

That would make anything bigger that a cruiser obsolete.

well actually the SL bombers had 8 torps

they could only fire each one once tho

The Rheinland Bomber - Nightfall - 01-09-2007

Well, more than 2 torps would be too much, also, I don't think it will affect my performance if the armor/regens go down, the speed reduction would, but I think it'll become an easy target then... too easy