Discovery Gaming Community
Gone - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Gone (/showthread.php?tid=2149)

Pages: 1 2

Gone - Zukeenee - 01-05-2007

I have two Freelancer accounts with five players each. On one, I have my mainly lawful/neutral characters. On the other, I have my pirates and unlawful characters. I was on my unlawful account, and decided to switch over to my lawful account to do some trading. I do the usual switch, log off the server, and log back on. This time, my character screen took a good minute or two to load. When it finally did, it was empty.

I tried again. I refreshed, I rejoined the server, I restarted my game, etc. I come back and there's still nothing there. I can still switch over to my unlawful account without any troubles, though.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that those five characters are gone. Those five being Zukeenee, my original freelancer, Tachiko, my KSP captain, Yahvo, my IND trader, Gitsah Tomahn, my gun collecter who probably had about 1 billion credits worth of stuff on him alone, and the loveable Brakelatabasaasta. That's about 1.5 billion credits lost, and quite a bit of time and effort lost as well. It is going to take months before I can get all of Gitsah Tomahn's guns back. The credits I'm not so worried about; those are easy to get.

I understand that nothing can really be done about any of this, but I thought I'd just let it be known. Although it does leave me curious as to what's causing the character wipes, and if I can still get them back somehow. I don't know, this is going to take a while.

Gone - DBoy1612 - 01-05-2007

Dude.. Thats just plain old suxs. You chars might of not been deleted though. Maybe just the ID was reset or something.

I hope you can get your stuff back man.

Gone - onca - 01-05-2007

Ouch! Maybe if you PM the admins and beg for clemmency.... not sure what the policy is there.

o.

Gone - Wolfpack98 - 01-05-2007

We have done no player wipes. We are 100% clueless as to what is causing it.

However, if your player files are getting corrupted, it's possible flserver.exe is deleting them.

I'll have to go in and see if I can find anything and save your files.

Gone - Nightfall - 01-05-2007

I'm saying this for the n-th time: 'account corruption'. Zuke, it is a known fact that having too many items on a singe character can corrupt your account to a degree when it's unreadable also it is one of the main lag issues suspects. Many servers limit the items people can have on a single character to about 80-100 (note: items in list, not cargo quantity), otherwise, your char gets deleted by the admins to prevent such things. I have to be honest, I have too many items on my stores too, guess it's time to clean up a bit when I get on. Sorry for your loss though:(

Gone - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-06-2007

Zuke, give us a shout if there is anything you need, Err ... Apart from all those weps.
Sorry man, not alot any of us can say, that will help, or make it better.
The IND will look after its own as always ...

Hoodlum

Gone - sottarv - 01-06-2007

Hey Zuke,

Have Brake give Orc-heart a shout and the PLH will help restore the weapons museum/encyclopedia.

CSM L.A. Urquhart
Executive Officer
Pungo Light Horse

Gone - Guest - 01-06-2007

im not sure if this will work or not for this mod , but in regular freelancer , once you get the right key you wish to keep ! , if your havinbg a problem with say server side changes to your freelancer files exc.. you can right click on keyfile or ini and select it to read only and hit save.
this will stop any over-writes .

and your settings cant be over - written .

hope that helps

Gone - Zukeenee - 01-07-2007

To much stuff? Dang... that would be Gitsah Tomahn, alright. I wish I knew about that earlier. Well, I'll keep it in mind. When I rebuild him, I think I'll limit his storage to Codenames and other Class 10s only. At least I know what may have caused it.

Gone - pchwang - 01-07-2007

that really sucks Zuke...I hope you can get your guys back...