Discovery Gaming Community
FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? (/showthread.php?tid=21726)

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - joshwa - 06-12-2009

hey another one of my problems lol well i have installed the new mod and when im in FLMM and i click run FL it works perfectly fine it will run normaly. but when i click the normal shortcut it loads up with the video intro the normal freelancer pik and when i connect to the server the game crashes???? dose anyone know how to fix this or what is going on plz help me!

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - atlantis2112 - 06-12-2009

Not sure what your question is. You said you pressed the same icon and different things happened?

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - reavengitair - 06-12-2009

Try re-doing the whole thing.

Trust me it always works.

ill try to explain it a bit better. i installed the mod with FLMM it succeded. i click file launch freelancer and it works perfectly fine. but when i click the short cut that was made when i installed FL it starts up with the microsoft video ect. and it dosent come up with the picture that says discovery reunion. it just comes up with freelancer. in the bottom right corner it says 4.85 but when i got to multiplayer and connect to the server the game crashes. i have uninstalled and installed all of the programs numerous times but nothing seems to work. like i have uninstalled FL and FLMM the ill install FL and FLMM and apply the mod but when i click the desktop short cut it dosent work. ravengitair could you plz explain what you mean by re-doing the whole thing again. thx for the help guys!

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - Athenian - 06-12-2009

If it's Vista, try "running as admin". Works for me.

' Wrote:If it's Vista, try "running as admin". Works for me.

it worked but thats strange it never used to do that to me before. its going to be annoying to type in the admin pass everytime is there a way to fix it??

hey another question i made a windowed shortcut using FLMM and since i need to run it as an admin it comes up with an error it says ''component 'comDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid'' i have installed and uninstalled nuerous times this dosent fix anything??

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - tansytansey - 06-13-2009

check the path of your short cut to freelancer (not FLMM).
If you've got more than one install on your PC (like me) then it's possible it could be leading to a different folder than the one you have your mod installed it.

Also, make sure your short cut is leading to Freelancer.exe and not DSupdate.exe

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - Cannon - 06-13-2009

My guess is that you need to be running Freelancer as administrator.

When you click the normal shortcut -- right click it and select "Run as administrator"

FL 4.85 final with video intro and no 4.85 intro pik? - joshwa - 06-13-2009

its ok guys i have fixed it i just made the account im on an admin:Dthx for the help