Discovery Gaming Community
The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. (/showthread.php?tid=21845)

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - tazuras - 06-15-2009

Due to a tip from Peter Kristall I have been looking into Brigand gunboat weapons. I cannot find any of their own, and I know the Maquis dont have any so that leaves Council weapons and Gallic Civilian weapons. I am fairly certain that there are no gallic civilian GB turrets, so that leaves Council turrets. Now, in the tech use chart the council is a white box and only two of those can be used so that means according to the letter of the law Gallic brigands can only use two gunboat turrets and they have to write forum RP for it.

Dont get me wrong, I think the box should be white, but perhaps make an official exception for now in this case, unless you want to make Brigand turrets of course, which I dont think you before the next version. Although, just changing the name on the council turrets and sticking them on a brigand base as well would be a good temporary fix, though again, I doubt you want to do that with the final out and all.

I am gonna stop supposing now though and let whoever wants to tackle this do their thing.

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - Ortog - 06-15-2009

I have the exact same problem and getting turrets in the outside of Gallia is not a solution, so for now I am using Council turrets.I dont think it should be punished or RPed as there isnt any others .

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - Ash - 06-15-2009

I did try and get someone to listen to this here since the third beta came out but it always seems to fall on deaf ears no matter how hard you try. It's true, the brigands do need turrets, but it does seem to get brushed under the carpet nonetheless.

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - tansytansey - 06-15-2009

Wow, what a massive oversight. Are you sure there are no Gallic civilian turrets? Maybe you'll have to use basics, for lack of a better alternative. Even if you have to get them from outside of Gallia...

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - Ash - 06-15-2009

Thats the problem. Can't obtain civi turrets reasonably because its outside of the 'allowed' zone for brigands. And can't use Council turrets reasonably because brigands arent directly assosiated with them.

' Wrote:I did try and get someone to listen to this here since the third beta came out but it always seems to fall on deaf ears no matter how hard you try. It's true, the brigands do need turrets, but it does seem to get brushed under the carpet nonetheless.
Hmmm, well I guess all we can do is try again, and hope someone will write a little pretty green text to remedy this.

' Wrote:Thats the problem. Can't obtain civi turrets reasonably because its outside of the 'allowed' zone for brigands. And can't use Council turrets reasonably because brigands arent directly assosiated with them.
If there are Gallic civilian GB turrets these will work. I am gonna look this up right now.

Edit: well, I cant seem to find any of these. It seems EMP turrets are generic though, so a brigand can use 2 council turrets and 4 EMP turrets:D

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - RingoW - 06-15-2009

Don't understand the fuss about? Why does every faction need its own turrets? Brigands definetly don't need 'em.
For me there never was a doubt, Brigands use the gallic gunboat turrets and i mean the GRN turrets, provided by UC connections to the royals or theft.

AoM

I dont really care what turrets they use, but the rules need to change to allow it then.

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - RockCrystal - 06-15-2009

' Wrote:Don't understand the fuss about? Why does every faction need its own turrets? Brigands definetly don't need 'em.
For me there never was a doubt, Brigands use the gallic gunboat turrets and i mean the GRN turrets, provided by UC connections to the royals or theft.

AoM
That's all fine and dandy for a special RP request, but for regular usage, Mr. Tech Chart says that's a no-no.
Granted, what I'm currently using (Cerberus turrets) is just as much of a no-no, unless they somehow magically fit into the 'Gallic Civilian' slot.

The Brigands cant use more than 2 gunboat turrets. - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 06-15-2009

' Wrote:Don't understand the fuss about? Why does every faction need its own turrets? Brigands definetly don't need 'em.

AoM

So lemme see.... if you don't want help from GRN but do it all alone (or you never see one), you'd have to get the GB. Then you'd have to make friendly with the GRN to get the turrets. Then, you have to make the nowmore hostile Brigands friendly to you again. Yeah, right.