Discovery Gaming Community
Problem accessing the main page - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Problem accessing the main page (/showthread.php?tid=22008)

Problem accessing the main page - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 06-18-2009

Right, short and sweet, every time for the last hour or so, when i google discoverygc and try to go to the main page, or click on the main page link at the very top, i get an SQL error (if it would help to copy and paste what it says, just say), not the 'Max user connections one', but a new one, that i havent seen before.

This is only a problem when trying to acess the main page, every other page in the foum is fine, it is just that this is very odd, and i fear something might be wrong.

Can anyone explain this? Or even better, help me fix it!

Thanks

Problem accessing the main page - Cellulanus - 06-19-2009

Its not just you, it was a server side error by the looks of it, but whatever it was it seems to have been fixed.

Problem accessing the main page - JovialKnight - 06-19-2009

Hurrah... Kinda wish it was just certain clients though... Nothing to read now:(

Problem accessing the main page - Boss - 06-19-2009

For nearly seven hours now, as far as I know, the Disco forums got blasted by the script kiddie that bombed the server repeatedly. (At least I think so, the SQL errors I and others got suggest that it was a DDoS) It seems to be fixed now though, but keep your fingers crossed.

Problem accessing the main page - darthbeck - 06-19-2009

so it was a DDoS?

thats what i had guessed.... right before it came back up.

Problem accessing the main page - 13CentKiller - 06-19-2009

Either that, or to many people where logged in at one time. Although it wasn't the usual message.

:rolleyes:

Problem accessing the main page - Fletcher - 06-19-2009

I doubt it was anything innocent, I've only ever seen the forums lock up to max connections when the new Beta's were released for 4.85. I had suspected it was a DoS attack, but never looked at the game server since I was busy.

Gotta love script kiddies. Oh wait, I mean rofl at script kiddies.

Problem accessing the main page - SevereTrinity - 06-19-2009

Script kiddie only got the main page? He failed there then.

Problem accessing the main page - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 06-19-2009

'Tis fixed now it seems.

Problem accessing the main page - Format C: - 06-19-2009

It happened to me again, during the last hour or so. I just now came back and noticed it was working again. I'm getting tired of seeing that error page. I think I spend more time here on the forums than I do in the game, because I still consider myself a noob (at level 48!) and here is where I research and study and do all of my homework for RP purposes. Not to mention, I've still got a butt load to learn about the rules and diplomacies and so forth.