Discovery Gaming Community
To: Liberty Naval High Command - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Liberty Naval High Command (/showthread.php?tid=22170)

To: Liberty Naval High Command - Tales23 - 06-22-2009

Incoming Transmission:
Comm ID: Taylor Brown, Commodore of the Ageira Technologies Transportation Fleet
Source: Orbit of New Houston, Ageira Technologies Transportation Ship 001

Greetings, members of the Naval High Command.

I write this in hopes that we can settle a small situation that has caused our once open trade route to be disrupted, this route takes us into Rheinland territory. There are a few ships that are permitted to pass and I would like to request to have my ships to be an exception to the embargo. The cargo we will be carrying is Trade Lane components used in the construction of trade lanes. I have spoken to two of your captains and I was informed that these components could be used to increase lane ways in areas that would threaten Liberty security, and I can agree that they can be used for such purposes. Everyone is in need of these components and I am trying my best to keep everyone happy. To do this we need to keep shipping out lane parts to all of the houses because we at Ageira Technologies rely on our constant imports from the houses.

For example lets take Rheinland, we require a alloy that is produced there it is used in our lane and gate parts as well as used in the engines we produce. This allow is in high demand at our factory in Colorado. Now I know there is no problem with us importing the alloy as we have been told we are allowed to import it but we must give something back to Rheinland in order to receive large quantities of the alloy. I would also like to note that no where in the current embargo does it say anything about Gate/Trade lane components. I am asking that you allow us to haul only gate and lane components into Rheinland. In return we can offer the following agreements:

-All Gate/Trade Lane parts entering Rheinland will be tagged and tracked.

-These tracked components will only be used to create new Trade/Gate Lanes that will not threaten the Liberty Border in anyway.

-My trade fleet will begin the transportation of munitions from Detroit to Liberty Naval bases and ships.

-If the Liberty Navy requires any other services or something else that will allows us to continue our routes be sure to tell us and we shall see what we can do.

I hope that our application is accepted and you have my word as a Captain and as a member of Ageira Technologies that we will not support Rheinland in this war, we have served in Liberty since the settlement of Sirius, we have no wish to see Liberty loose this war.

Thank you for your time,
Taylor Brown, Commodore of the Ageira Technologies Transportation Fleet

End of Transmission

To: Liberty Naval High Command - Sonja - 06-22-2009

Transmission; Start
Identification: Commodore Christina Robinson

This has been discussed by the relevant members of the Liberty Navy High Command, and the request has been denied for the following reasons:
  • The Interspace Neuralnet Division, to whom you refer in your other topic on these neuralnets, supply only Bonn station with those components listed in their agreement. You are asking to supply Rheinland here.
  • You have not specified what the alloy that you use for the construction of jump gate and trade lane components are. We do not know if you intend to transport basic alloys or super alloys for instance, which are very different materials.
  • The Liberty Navy already has its own logistics division which are charged with keeping various installations supplied with weapons and equipment.
  • Regarding this part:
    Quote: Everyone is in need of these components and I am trying my best to keep everyone happy.
    We do not want the Rheinland Military or any corporation in Rheinland to be happy.

• You have not specified how you will ensure that Rheinland will not use the parts you produce in an effort to help the war with us. We find it hard to believe that you, a Liberty based company, will either out-muscle or outsmart a frankly unreceptive nation such as Rheinland. Equally, we find it hard to believe that a Liberty based company is recieving unimpeded travel through a nation that we are currently at war with. We also dislike your willingness to help any part of the Rheinland economy, which could easily result in extra casualties before we crush Rheinland.
Therefore, you should attempt to find another source of resources for the production of your jump gate and trade lane parts. You can also find others, particularly in Kusari, willing to purchase your product for a good price. I assume that the jump gate construction sites need these for their projects to continue.

Transmission Terminated

Transmission; Start
Identification: Taylor Brown, Commodore of the Ageira Technologies Transportation Fleet

Please allow me to go on in more detail about what we are planning, the alloy we require High Temperature Alloy which is created in Dresdon, these alloys will be used to create ship engines which are used in the construction of most Liberty built vessels. I would import this source from another manufacturer but to be blunt I have yet to find one that creates it in the large quantities that we require. I would also like to comment on how we intend to make sure the enemy does not use these parts to help them in this war and we can easily do this.

First, I am sure you are quite well aware of our security measures that come with the components and we will do the following:
  • All parts will have a pre-chosen location where they can be set up one agreed upon by a liberty official.
  • These parts cannot be opened or used to manufacture lanes or gates.
    -Cargo will not open and or operate unless set up in the correct location which again was agreed upon.
  • Once in Rheinland, we will permit Interspace Commerce to transport the goods to the agreed locations and only Liberty Companies such as DSE will be used to construct the gates.
    -This will give both our companies work in Rheinland Territory and force them to use us should they want to expand at all.
  • Classified, Ageira Project 152
    -Encrypted transmission has been added and sent on private lines.
Once again I ask that you please review the information and change your mind about the embargo of Gate/Trade lane components into Rheinland. I know that there is some compromise that we can come to that will allow us to complete our route.

Thank you for your time,
Taylor Brown.

End of Communication.

To: Liberty Naval High Command - MB52 - 06-22-2009

*Incoming transmission*
*Sender ID* Vice Admiral Jessica Porter

Mr Brown, while I fully understand the need to maintain your corporation during these difficult times, you must understand the implications of what you are asking.

Firstly, supplying Rheinland in any way, will simply extend the war. Something we cannot afford. In all likelihoods these lane and gate parts will not be used for their intended purpose and will be used to repair or construct lanes and gates critical to their war against us.

You claim you can control exactly where they go, but truthfully you cannot. In all likely hood the Rheinlanders will simply stop your transports, arrest their crews, then send the parts to their research divisions to crack open. Trust me, your security measures for these parts aren't quite as efficient as you claim. I've personally seen these measures and they are inadequate. With time the Rheinlanders will be able to use the parts however they like.

I'd also be curious as to why you would supply the Rheinlanders? Have you forgotten what had happened in the past? Where control of all lanes and Gates in Rheinland were lost? Surely you cannot trust these people in any kind of business exchange.

The Liberty Navy and Police forces cannot, and will not take the risk that you present, it is simply unacceptable. I would highly suggest looking to move these parts elsewhere, to either Bretonia or Kusari.

*signed* Vice Admiral Jessica Porter.

Transmission; Start
Identification: Taylor Brown, Commodore of the Ageira Technologies Transportation Fleet

I understand where you are coming from and I would like the Commodore to forward you the encrypted message that I sent him. Perhaps that will change your mind if not we will require a new route one I have not been able to find. The route to Rheinland gave us alloy which made the production of the parts for Liberty, Britonia and Kusari cheaper but at the moment I have not been able to find a good buyer for our parts.

Thank you for your time Admiral,
If you read the Encrypted attachment we may still be able to do it even if we still cannot transfer goods to Rheinland.

Commodore Brown, Out.

Transmission; End

Transmission; Start

Ageria Technologies will now cease it's attempts to get this exception approved, Ageira Technologies will no longer import any goods from Rheinland and will stop all shipments of Gate/Lane components into Rheinland. The reason for this varies but the choice is made. Admiral I am sending you a modified version of the transmission I sent the Commodore.

Again, thank you for your time.

Commodore Brown, Out.

Transmission; End