Discovery Gaming Community
hey, i'm new - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: hey, i'm new (/showthread.php?tid=22262)

Pages: 1 2

hey, i'm new - Ositan55 - 06-24-2009

ok before you ask, i've played on disco rp 24/7 10 MINUTES alltogether, so u obvously haven't seen me(ositan)
but i am a EXELENT freelancer....i've played the demo approx. 50 times before i got full-version, i've finished the storyline and found SOME of the systems in approx. 72hrs.(3 days max) and i absolutely LOVE freelancer....evere since i got the demo i couldn't stop trying to find(only found image which i didn't know how to use -,-' )

BTW: i play SP and HOPEFULLY move to MP SOON.....
PS:if anyone knew where to find the strongest freighter/ the titan on disco plz PM me

hey, i'm new - jenya - 06-24-2009

Welcome to the community

Read the rules, obey the rules

Enjoy your stay

See you in space

hey, i'm new - pipboy - 06-24-2009

Welcome to Discovery, glad to see someone with so much zeal for Freelancer!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we're here to help.

hey, i'm new - tazuras - 06-24-2009

Hello and welcome. In case you havent noticed this is an RP server. This being the case we have some pretty complex rules to make sure it stays that way and everybody has a pleasurable experience here. Be sure to read all the rules and obey them. Some are a little complex, reading sanction reports helped me gain a better understanding of many of them.

About your question, the titan is a corsair ship and is sold on several corsair bases, most notably Crete, for about 2 mill. As for the freigther, well, thats really a matter of taste. The most armored is the rheinland armored transport, available for 3 mill or so on new berlin. The best freighter for a new player to aspire to is probably the camara, for a little over 2 mill, on pittsburg. there is also a tranport class here, of which the largest can haul about 8 times as much as the largest freighter, but of course cost much more. The wiki is a decent guide, though some of the articles are outdated. We are working on that.

If you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. There is also a player group dedicated to helping people in game known as The Angels. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here.

Most of all though, Have Fun!

hey, i'm new - Elsdragon - 06-24-2009

Oh yeah, there is no best ship.Pick what suits yer RP. If ya cant pick, go to bering and get an eagle.For trading, a camara is good to start(at pittsburg) Or a rhino beforehand.When you have about 10 million, switch to a new transport. This IS an RP server, So no "lolpwning" K?

hey, i'm new - darthbeck - 06-24-2009

welcome to discovery.

hey, i'm new - Elsdragon - 06-24-2009

i have a trading faction, and we can always need more peolple

well elsdragon, thank you SO much for the invatation....but unfortonatly i'm not a trader....i think i MAY join either the bounty hunters/ IF i'm lucky the blood dragons, i killed approx. 600 corsair ships(before i got cruisers:P) just to nuetral with BD(blood dragons) in order to be-friend them, even though i had to nuetral wit kosarian police :S......anyways what i'm trying to say is thank you but i found a good guide for "giant ships"
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Capital_ships
which i must say; is very helpful....in most it gives the part of the univers(liberty, kosar, reighland etc. ) and system(NY, NB, NL, texas etc. )
EDIT: i just checked the faction req. and it doesn't have blood dragons?.....or do they just not have a forum post? anyways i'll c perhaps the Liberty Navy? they're always fun:P

Well, i made an acc. on disco 24/7...but just can't seem to get a hold of FL MP.....not that into it....i'm gonna stick around, i'll log on every once in a while, but i'll spend more than half my time on SP(still got A LOT of descessions to make).....

hey, i'm new - reavengitair - 06-24-2009

Well welcome to the server!

Spend as much time on SP as you want. SP is still counted as disco anyway... as long as you run it with 4.85 on.

But the GS is a very good experience. I suggest you try it.