Discovery Gaming Community
BHG| and Order| problems... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: BHG| and Order| problems... (/showthread.php?tid=22621)

Pages: 1 2

BHG| and Order| problems... - johnpeter - 07-01-2009

What should I do if I want to use BHG| or Order| in one of my character's name? I don't want to have Bounty_Hunter's_Guild|, but I want to show that I'm not in the official faction.

BHG| and Order| problems... - Pinko - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:What should I do if I want to use BHG| or Order| in one of my character's name? I don't want to have Bounty_Hunter's_Guild|, but I want to show that I'm not in the official faction.

Use BHG- or Order-, or ]BHG[ or anything like that.

BHG| and Order| problems... - Derkylos - 07-01-2009

[BHG], BHG-, BHG:, BHG., BHG), even BHG~_*(()O:P, if you must...

BHG| and Order| problems... - johnpeter - 07-01-2009

Thanks! Can't belive I didn't think of that XD!

BHG| and Order| problems... - Cosmos - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:[BHG], BHG-, BHG:, BHG., BHG), even BHG~_*(()O:P, if you must...

LOL at that last bit.

But seriously Derkylos has hit it spot on.

Alot of independant hunters I see use the BH| tag or BHG_ tags

BHG| and Order| problems... - carlabrams - 07-01-2009

We would prefer that you use something that can't be confused in the heat of battle with our ID. BH_ is good, because one thing that happens is that we may be using the /factioninvite (fi) command - and if we type in BHG instead of BHG|, sometimes we end up inviting the wrong people.

Order - heck, there's so many independant Order players with nothing on their names at all that we don't worry too much about it.

And other than our recruiting currently being closed, is there a reason you don't want to associate with us? Does George have bad breath? (Well, now that he HAS breath again, anyway.)

BHG| and Order| problems... - Stoat - 07-01-2009

I'd say avoid anything containing BGH if you can. It'll avoid confusion. Use BH instead, or perhaps Hunter?

Edit : Yeah, Agmen beat me to it...

BHG| and Order| problems... - Derkylos - 07-01-2009

[BHG] would work, as /fi will filter that out. You should really add the full tag (/fi BHG|) when inviting, tho...one day, I may tell you the story of "/fi SCRA" and the character called "Scrapper"

BHG| and Order| problems... - ophidian - 07-01-2009

I am hoping to offer some kind of an identification system for the Order soon so that all indy players / faction players etc will be able to carry their faction names without the faction-indy problems and can be seperated. It will cost though but I am also working on that.

For order;

Anything other than Order| works for us but if you use ]order[ or something like that which looks distinctive, its even better.

BHG| and Order| problems... - JakeSG - 07-02-2009

I think the traditional one for BH indies is BH-. It's the one I used, and goes by the same style as LNS, RNC etc.