Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty hunter capship rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bounty hunter capship rules (/showthread.php?tid=22723)

Pages: 1 2

Bounty hunter capship rules - Herastean - 07-03-2009

I'm just asking me a question, why the bounty hunter capship cannot go into the houses system? Why the corsairs and the outcasts or order cannot too? Will this rule change or stay like this? Thank you!

Bounty hunter capship rules - Jinx - 07-03-2009

it ll stay - its not really a rule to regulate a capspam or to be spiteful or anything.... - its a rule that is based on RP.

the BHG core a specialized army by a private organization. - it was build to fight and aquire nomads and nomad technology.

factions don t need to be 100% equal in terms of freedom. - after all... even a corsair needs a good ( very good ) reason to enter house space in a dreadnought. - ... and a BHG would need one, too.... the point is - there is no reason for a BHG to "fight" in house space.

i m sure you are allowed to transit through house space if you inform the local authorities though ( somewhat a kind of freedom that a corsair dreadnought won t get... even if he asks friendly )

Bounty hunter capship rules - Elvin - 07-03-2009

Well, as Jinx said, just want to add, it's an RP rule, not server rule (altough by violating RP, you will violate server rules so...). When Outcast or Order capital go to houses, they are considered enemy by the time they enter, and you prolly don't want that on Hunter characters. You surely can pass the systems after informing local authorities, but noone wants BH capital ships -stationed- or fighting in their systems. And well, in RP, Core have no reason to fight in House systems anyway.

Bounty hunter capship rules - Herastean - 07-03-2009

Hummm, yes you right, okay, thanks for the answers.

Bounty hunter capship rules - JakeSG - 07-03-2009

RP aside, we used to have swarms of the bloody things sitting in New York. There were stages where there were more BHG/Order/Corsair/Zoner caps sitting in New York than Liberty ones, and that's a pretty big damned achievement. Yeah, they are RP rules, but I think they were implemented to try and keep some of the filth out of the cesspool.

Edit - Yeah, if you need to bring your cap through a House of neutral-ish relations for some reason, ask ahead. Of course, BHG, Order and Corsairs don't really have any place to go through Liberty, but Zoner Juggernauts may need to travel between the Border Worlds.

Bounty hunter capship rules - Robert.Fitzgerald - 07-04-2009

Read your ID as well. No operating outside of the Omegas, Sigmas or Taus. That means no hunting or anything in the houses - only allowed to pass through.

Bounty hunter capship rules - Rudo - 07-04-2009

It's a rule that's mostly in place to keep the usage of BHG caps in RP. It has the added positive effect of keeping Hunter types from "collecting bounties" on pirate gunboats in battlecruisers.

There was a well-known Hunter some time back in 4.84 who would fly a BHBS, and travelled with another BHBS and a BHBC to hunt pirates all over Sirius regardless of if they were in cruisers or fighters. He was not well-liked and almost single-handedly caused serious damage to the reputation and freedoms of all Bounty Hunter players.

Bounty hunter capship rules - reavengitair - 07-04-2009

You know how many bounty hunter battleships there are?

Do you know where they all have fun?

Omicron Delta. Head there instead of house space.

Bounty hunter capship rules - Athenian - 07-04-2009

' Wrote:You know how many bounty hunter battleships there are?

Do you know where they all have fun?

Omicron Delta. Head there instead of house space.

No. He should go to Iota.

Bounty hunter capship rules - DragonLancer - 07-04-2009

Hehe, good one.

Please let me ask a question here instead of making another thread.
Are there roleplay restrictions of purchasing a bh capship for others than bh?
Today i saw the second guy of a particular mostly independent group with a bh capship, quite oorp to me.