Discovery Gaming Community
The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade (/showthread.php?tid=22878)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Fletcher - 07-06-2009

(In RP Section)

***Communication ID: Nicolas Springfield ***
***Subject: Pro-Peace! ***

Greetings Libertonians! Bretonians! Kusarians! Rheinlanders! Texans!

It is time to march in the New York system! For too long has the powermongering and warmongering gone on in our saviour that is Sirius! We are desecrating the sanctuary, we are repeating the mistakes that led to the exodus from our home world that is, Earth.

In order to try and stop the wars that are ensuing within our new homes, we must stand up! We must unite! And we must march with our message in mind!

We must all gather in numbers in orbit of Planet Manhattan, and proceed to a peaceful march around the trade network or New York, we will not fire on the lanes, but we will clog them up! If they won't listen to our words, they will listen to their profits falling! That will put pressure on the diplomats!

Our message and goal is to stop the pointless wars that are raging in Sirius and empose a ban on capital class ships! They aren't defenders! They're weapons of war and power projection!

To anyone and everyone that won't shoot at us, join this peaceful protest! We must mass together and take the fight to them with words! Not weapons! All ships are to meet Fort Bush at a date that is to be announced!

Signed
Nicolas Springlfield

(Out Of Roleplay Section)

Ok folks, this shall be a gathering of ships for a pure RP event, a yelling gathering so to speak. This will likely not get through to anyone but there are two messages that are in this protest outside of RP. Ganking, and too many capital ships.

I please ask to not flame this, but lets have a change of pace from pure PvP oriented events.

So any feedback or participants? I want to work this event around the combat events so we can get some attendants.

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Guest - 07-06-2009

Heh, sounds nice indeed. Lawfuls only?

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Birdtalon - 07-06-2009

By capital ship you mean cruiser and above right.

GBs arn't to be knocked

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Fletcher - 07-06-2009

We'll yell about Battleships and Carriers mainly, we'll banter on Cruisers too. Gunboats we can live with for anti-piracy.

Lawfuls only or neutrals, I don't think the police-in-tow would appreciate criminals in the march/parade.

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Elsdragon - 07-06-2009

the LOLBACS Will Fry u all

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - atlantis2112 - 07-06-2009

Sounds fun. Is IMG invited?

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - Linkus - 07-06-2009

Capital ships are like the Yamato in WW2 in a way.

Too valuable to be sent into risky situations but too powerful for enemies to avoid.

Pirates can't really attack Manhattan for a few reasons, including the large capital ship patrol presence. They don't usually have the firepower to deal with such large ships.
Hence their usefulness in defence.

Anyway.
I would suggest using large freighters.
Clog up space, a lot of it.

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - DiscoveryAccount - 07-06-2009

Looks to me that everyone who is for stopping wars and banning capital ships are welcome. I'm gonna try to be there =)

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - darthbeck - 07-06-2009

john reads over this.

"hey... looks like we got another event ta crash.... someone tell copperhead 'bout this"

john grins as someone else yells

"sure thing PitViper. i think hes over at the bar, wanna come?"

"sure...."

The Peace and No More Capital Ships Parade - reavengitair - 07-06-2009

If I get my BD cruiser..

Other wise ill bring my lolcarrier.