Discovery Gaming Community
Texture on a few weapons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Texture on a few weapons (/showthread.php?tid=22908)

Pages: 1 2

Texture on a few weapons - pipsqueak - 07-07-2009

There are a few weapons in the game that do not need a text map.

1. the bomber torpedos (for god sakes the ship maker did not spent so much time to make those torp tubes just to have little guns stick out of them, that move around as you move in turret view. not cool)

2. Nomad guns...either get those guns a nomad text skin or remove text al together.

what do you guys think ?

PEACE.

Texture on a few weapons - Hades - 07-07-2009

1. Torpedo tubes could work if the SNAC, and Nova torpedo models were invisible, but then every bomber would have to have torpedo tubes so it wouldn't look weird.

2. I can't say that I disagree with you. Nice catch.

I think it will look natural even if the tubes werent there. may be make a model like a small ball so we dont see it moving around hopefully small enough so its within the wireframe of a ship. I think the novas can shoot out from inside the ship (not sure about the shield though)

Texture on a few weapons - NerdRage - 07-07-2009

Ooor, replace the model of the gun with the actual torpedo. and make it short, most of it is behind the hardpoint

so tubeless torps have little rockets sticking out of them, while the tubeless have them strapped to theyre wings

(when youre talking about weapons of death and destruction it's not the time to end it with PEACE)

I am assuming you are a little young for the cold war, but it was the weapons of destruction that kept nations at Peace. Besides I dont care about the weapon, I am talking about looks and aesthetics.

:o)

Texture on a few weapons - Witch Hunter - 07-09-2009

I'm almost positive that the Nomad lasers are invisible, while the Blasters/Cannons available to the Order have human looking textures.

Texture on a few weapons - Shaka - 07-09-2009

' Wrote:Ooor, replace the model of the gun with the actual torpedo. and make it short, most of it is behind the hardpoint

so tubeless torps have little rockets sticking out of them, while the tubeless have them strapped to theyre wings

(when youre talking about weapons of death and destruction it's not the time to end it with PEACE)

that would be sweet, although it would be funny, as you'd see 2 missiles and there'd be 70. Maybe make something else for the SNAC though? Considering that it isn't projectile based.

Texture on a few weapons - Andrew_Bonesovich - 07-09-2009

You could make SN and Nova torp invisible, but what about bombers that use mini razor, inferno or CD along with SNAC? If you would make those invisible too, it would look stupid on fighters which mount them aswell.

Texture on a few weapons - pipsqueak - 07-10-2009

SNAC and Nova are Bomber exclusive, so seeing them on fighters is not an issue.
As for Razoe and inferno, there is a reason I did not mention them.

The gun textures them selves is not an issue, seeing them peek out of torpedo tubes is.

As for Bombers installing Infernos and Razor, you can live with it? go for it. or come up with a snub nosed version of the weapon that can be housed inside a bombers torp tube.

Texture on a few weapons - Soul Reaper - 07-10-2009

About the nomads, they ARE 100% invisible, and they should stay that way, nomads use their energy to fire those shots out of them, they dont have tools to fire them, so, nomad weps, should NOT change, Period (though about the torps, yeah they should be turned into some kinda small ball or something, so they dont stick out:))

-Soul Reaper