Discovery Gaming Community
Openlancer source release - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Openlancer source release (/showthread.php?tid=2294)

Pages: 1 2

Openlancer source release - Blackhole - 01-29-2007

Some of the members of this forum expressed interest in openlancer. We are proud to announce the Starflier source code release.

More Details

Openlancer source release - DBoy1612 - 01-29-2007

:DBriliant. Thanks mate:D

But I don't quite understand how to run it. What am I spoused to do with the complied binaries?

Openlancer source release - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 01-29-2007

thanks man, that is awesome.

Openlancer source release - Coconut202 - 01-30-2007

wow thanks, man:D

Openlancer source release - Qunitinius~Verginix - 01-30-2007

Before I download this, What Exacty IS openlancer?

Verginix Out

Openlancer source release - Blackhole - 01-30-2007

The source code is, well, source code. The binaries are linked to in that post in the file "debug_binaries.zip" which you should be able to run. The compiled binaries in the source release do not work yet:(

NOTE: Due to unforeseen errors and mess-ups the source has been reuploaded quite a few times. If you downloaded the source before i made this post, you would be well advised to redownload it in order to prevent the 3000 memory leaks that we were getting:D

@verginix: Openlancer is a fan-driven opensource effort to create a new game that expands the ideas of freelancer to levels never imagined before. Among the vast number of features planned: Fully explorable planets, cities, buildings, and ships. Fully, player-driven economy. Ability for players to create and form their own clans, factions and even entire governments. A fully dynamic universe that is completely destructable and constantly changing. Dynamically generated content allows for an infinite universe size, and the fact that we are using the acclaimed OGRE graphics rendering engine enables advanced graphical features and shaders.

In a nutshell - everything you can dream of and more.

Openlancer source release - Qunitinius~Verginix - 01-30-2007

So, For downloading that, what kinda of features would you expet I would have? All of those? or is this just a beta or a test.

This Seams really cool!
Verginix Out

Openlancer source release - DBoy1612 - 01-30-2007

' Wrote:So, For downloading that, what kinda of features would you expet I would have? All of those? or is this just a beta or a test.

This Seams really cool!
Verginix Out

This is not the game. From what I have read its not going to be done for a long time. This just a source code, One little peace of the game.

Openlancer source release - Spidervlad - 02-01-2007

So whats the point of downloading it? O_o

Openlancer source release - JonatanRaven - 02-01-2007

I'm asking myself that question, but the Openlancer as a project looks promising..