Discovery Gaming Community
Player based Economy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Player based Economy (/showthread.php?tid=22955)

Pages: 1 2

Player based Economy - Araevin Teshurr - 07-08-2009

Consider this, you play freelancer all the time, the mod is great don't get me wrong, but you are easily bored by how the enviroment hardly changes. You trade things and they never seem to drop in price, and no matter how much you trade, the Gate never gets finished, or the planet terraformed...

I think that the players actions should have an effect on the universe, it should expand. not saying this should be made into the game directly, but they should have a second server where the playersd effect how the enviroments change. There is no need to change the current economy, but have aserver for the new one.

Player based Economy - tazuras - 07-08-2009

There is a server with a dynamic economy. Cant remember which mod, but it does exist, I also hear it is somewhat broken and easily exploitable.

Also, do you know how much time and effort it would take to develop your idea. A whole lot. If it was deemed to be a good idea it would be done on the main server, if not, it would not be done. We dont have the resources to split them like that.

Player based Economy - lw'nafh - 07-08-2009

' Wrote:There is a server with a dynamic economy. Cant remember which mod, but it does exist, I also hear it is somewhat broken and easily exploitable.

Also, do you know how much time and effort it would take to develop your idea. A whole lot. If it was deemed to be a good idea it would be done on the main server, if not, it would not be done. We dont have the resources to split them like that.
I think the mod was Evolution, and yeah, we can't split it like that.

Player based Economy - Quorg - 07-08-2009

Awesome idea! You have my permission to start and run such a server.

Player based Economy - Errant.Venture - 07-08-2009

seconded....

any good starwars servers up anymore...

Player based Economy - Panzer - 07-08-2009

Tell ya what? How about you re-code every trade all over again and install some FLhook thingie that would connect the game to a real-time autoupdater?

Maybe then you could attach the server/mod to a custom-made economy/war browser game?

Player based Economy - RockCrystal - 07-08-2009

In summary: Go play EVE online, the rest of us will stick with Freelancer thank-you-very-much.

Player based Economy - Weepig - 07-08-2009

Your idea for a dynamic player economy is so full of holes i dont know where to start.

Who will set the prices? How will the prices be affected? How will people be informed that the 3600ish tonnes of Diamonds theyre carrying are suddenly worthless? Who will do the coding? The testing?

You have a point that itd be better if you or i, as an individual could affect the game but until you come up with a more thought out plan of action im going to sit here and only offer snide remarks. I would like the same but as i have no idea how to go about it, i trust that those who do know, arent simply being lazy.

Player based Economy - KingAbbott - 07-08-2009

I played a mod with a dynamic economy. It stopped abuse by setting 2 different versions so if you don't download the files to change the economy it will put your version to something like 1.9 but if you downloaded it so you can't abuse the economy it would become 1.90 which was the server version too.

Player based Economy - cal823 - 07-08-2009

You could always just simulate a dynamic economy by having the Server automatically record how much of each commod is bought and then have the admins look over it say every month or so and lower the prices of stuff that isnt bought much and raise prices of stuff that is bought alot manually.