Discovery Gaming Community
minor problem, need help figuring out fix - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: minor problem, need help figuring out fix (/showthread.php?tid=22983)

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - AaronKoss - 07-08-2009

ok, so everytime i try to unpack the mod files with FLMM this message pops up
"Access to C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Discovery485\DLLS\BIN\content.dll was denied."

this started after i had to reinstal the mod because it kept crashing when i tried to log onto the server when i instaled it the first time it gave me the message but still let me activate the mod and still does but i'm still unable to log onto the server. which in my opinion is as good as the mod just not working at all...
if i click ok it goes on to say files could not be extracted: file coruption may be cause. but i've downloaded and redownloaded the mod and FLMM and uninstaled and reinstaled FLMM and Freelance itself. I've even gone so far as to go into the file properties and give it "full access" since i'm running vista i thought that might be the truble since it is with FLMM.
anyways, nothings worked so far and i really want to get back on line.

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 07-08-2009

You use Vista?

know, but I really don't want to reformat although I will if it comes to that.

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 07-08-2009

Do you run FLMM as Admin?

Did you read the second half of the post, all these are answered. But yes

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - Turkish - 07-08-2009

Hey, save the attitude man. We're just trying to assist you.

Disabling UAC and running FLMM as an admin are your first steps, second is making sure that the package integrity is 100%. Which you seem to have done.

Which version of FLMM are you using?

Sorry, didn't mean to get rude. I'm running the vertion currently being hosted on the website, I think it's 1.31

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - ed_philips38 - 07-12-2009

not being disrespectful, but have you tried turning off the write protection in the FLMM ? as I do recall that being mentioned as a problem somewhere.

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - Boss - 07-12-2009

According to his posts, he has.

The easiest way to solve this problem is to do this:

-Rename the mod file from <whatever>.zip.flmod to <whatever>.zip
-Extract the mod manually to a new folder named <whatever> in the FLMM\mods directory.
-Right-click the FLMM shortcut and select 'Run As Administrator"
-Allow the action when asked by UAC
-Activate the mod

This -should- work.

minor problem, need help figuring out fix - Cannon - 07-12-2009

This is probably a vista UAC permissions problem *sigh*

Here's my recommendation (which is dboy's recommendation)

1. Download the Mod.

2. Right click on the FLMM Launch Shortcut and hit "Run as Admin". Do not double click or click from start menu, rather right click the item and select Run as Administrator. This is the critical step!!. If you don't don't this then everything will go wrong.

3. If you see any other discovery mod versions in FLMM, click the delete button.

4. Click "restore backups" in FLMM.

5. Double click the downloaded Discovery mod to load it into FLMM. (Keep FLMM Running)

6. Wait for the files to extract, and then activate the mod.

The technique boss points out should work too.