Discovery Gaming Community
a question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: a question (/showthread.php?tid=22998)

Pages: 1 2

a question - Cosmos - 07-09-2009

The Question.

Why the hell does the Sabre have 7 Forward firing guns,
Compared too the Corsair Titan which has 6.

Now in RP The corsairs have more armour and more firepower on their ships and the Outcast sabre has less firepower and higher agility.

Now can anyone explain this? or is it just pure favouritism?

a question - Benjamin - 07-09-2009

It's vanilla.

Also guns and firepower aren't the same. As a guy with a sabre with 7 guns on it, I can say that the plant runs out in seconds. These are efficient guns too (natters/debs).

a question - MB52 - 07-09-2009

doesn't the Titan have a turret as well?

a question - Nightmouse - 07-09-2009

Titan powercore: 15000; 1340 recharge
Sabre Powercore: 11400; 1160 recharge

Explains quite a bit, I assume.

a question - Cosmos - 07-09-2009

I have both a Titan and a Sabre.

THe sabre may run out quickly, but the amount of damage you may deal and the agility compared too the titan is unmatched.

a question - tazuras - 07-09-2009

' Wrote:I have both a Titan and a Sabre.

THe sabre may run out quickly, but the amount of damage you may deal and the agility compared too the titan is unmatched.
If you are truly concerned feel free to develop a testing proposal and submit it to gain access to the test server where you can test a wider variety of combat scenarios involving the sabre and report your results so as to get it rebalanced.

I would think mjolnir probably got it well balanced though, he's pretty thorough in his work.

a question - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 07-09-2009

Titans in group fights stand almost no chance agiasnt sabre pilots. Beocue titan is only strong then he is jousted face to face, as I think.

Damn even gladi isnt so fast as sabre, which is considered to be a HF :/ thats really dumb.

a question - Jihadjoe - 07-09-2009

I have a titan, I have sabres. I have no preferance between the two.

You just gotta fly them differently. The way you dodge is completely different. Seven guns on a sabre is all well and good, however it's not actualy that useful in a group fight where sustained fire is a useful thing. That is balanced out between the two by the titan having a plant that can actualy handle quad codies and dual tizzies, while only being a touch slower, and being a damned strange shape.

The titan is hard to hit. The sabre is hard to hit. The titan can fire high energy guns for ages. The sabre has one more guns but smaller plant. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Use them. Work out a style with each that takes them into account.

The gladiator is pretty small, pretty fast and has both a torp and a CD slot. Nothing to complain about there. (I also own a gladiator)

a question - masternerdguy - 07-09-2009

' Wrote:Titans in group fights stand almost no chance agiasnt sabre pilots. Beocue titan is only strong then he is jousted face to face, as I think.

Damn even gladi isnt so fast as sabre, which is considered to be a HF :/ thats really dumb.

yeah i used to fly a titan. its hard to get in firing position.:(

a question - Rudo - 07-09-2009

Make a Collector, put Barragers on it. Then, go fight Eagles with Black Widows and Black Dragons with Drakes and Tizonas. When you can win on a regular basis, come make more balance suggestions.

Hint: this is not easy.