Discovery Gaming Community
ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts (/showthread.php?tid=23247)

Pages: 1 2

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - majkp - 07-13-2009

Investigating unauthorised changes to shared accounts takes a lot of effort and it can be very hard to determine who is right and wrong.

As a result, the admin team will not get involved in disputes related to shared accounts. If you share your account ID with other people it is your problem if unauthorised changes are made to the account and the admin team will not investigate reports related to shared account access.

If you are not sure about the security of your account, please create a new one and use the /movechar command (see /help for more info).

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - Liberty Security Force - 07-13-2009

I could suggest passwording the characters. If someone mess with your account, you can drag the character to your own, and this will prevent him from doing the opposite (IE stealing your char).

-Kingvaillant

((don't leave too much personal money on them))

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - Blodo - 07-13-2009

What about the event in which a player creating a new account somehow manages to generate an account ID that gives him access to an existing account? Things like this have happened before, and will certainly happen in the future as the number of accounts on the server grows. And considering that if it happens on a shared account, there is no way to know how many people had access to it, well... perhaps the admin team could reconsider?

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - n00bl3t - 07-13-2009

' Wrote:I could suggest passwording the characters. If someone mess with your account, you can drag the character to your own, and this will prevent him from doing the opposite (IE stealing your char).

-Kingvaillant

((don't leave too much personal money on them))

I was tempted to use the quoted forum account to reply.:P

Anyway, this is a nice suggestion, /set pw insertcodehere needs to be typed in before a character can be unlocked?

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - majkp - 07-13-2009

' Wrote:What about the event in which a player creating a new account somehow manages to generate an account ID that gives him access to an existing account? Things like this have happened before, and will certainly happen in the future as the number of accounts on the server grows. And considering that if it happens on a shared account, there is no way to know how many people had access to it, well... perhaps the admin team could reconsider?

In such a special case I believe we could be willing to help.

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - Grimly - 07-13-2009

All is about your trusts on other players...
In my case, my own BS (Hitokiri) with CAU 8 is shared with 3 other players as well as my zoner transport. I still have no problem with them.

Just choose your friends well.

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - DragonLancer - 07-13-2009

' Wrote:What about the event in which a player creating a new account somehow manages to generate an account ID that gives him access to an existing account? Things like this have happened before, and will certainly happen in the future as the number of accounts on the server grows. And considering that if it happens on a shared account, there is no way to know how many people had access to it, well... perhaps the admin team could reconsider?

This is only possible if a pirated copy is used.

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - BaconSoda - 07-13-2009

' Wrote:Just choose your friends well.

I would second this. I don't give random people my phone number, I don't give people I don't trust keys to ships that I don't want them to ever fly...

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - Elsdragon - 07-13-2009

That means dont **** around with my ships dusty:rtfm:

ADMIN NOTICE: Shared Accounts - Blodo - 07-14-2009

' Wrote:This is only possible if a pirated copy is used.
No it's not..... The account key doesn't get generated from the CD key, it gets generated at random. It's why you can have access to multiple accounts with a single CD key, and you can make new ones for yourself by just making a new Windows user.