Discovery Gaming Community
Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Another Hypothetical Question (2) (/showthread.php?tid=23274)

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Fletcher - 07-13-2009

Simple one this time.

What if bombers lost their ability to use Cruise Disruptor missiles?

I foresee bombers working and grouping up, and a larger population of gunboats/ships.

Be civil, this isn't a suggestion.

EDIT: To be more precise, lost a CD hardpoint, but still had two Torpedo slots.

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Elsdragon - 07-13-2009

They would use More fighters. Or GBs. I forsee GB spam

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Magoo! - 07-13-2009

Hmm, interesting. I'd actually prefer it this way. That way bombers weren't some omnipotent force of God that could eradicate anything its pilot was willing to pull the trigger at.

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Zeltak - 07-13-2009

Eh? So they loose their ability for anything that includes hunting purposes.

A Mercenary or a Bounty Hunter should be able to have the option of mounting a CD on a Bomber.

I don't see how a CD can overpower a Bomber -that- much. The main purpose of a CD is to stop an enemy, other is to deflect Missiles. I'm surprised you weren't after the Supernova.

' Wrote:Hmm, interesting. I'd actually prefer it this way. That way bombers weren't some omnipotent force of God that could eradicate anything its pilot was willing to pull the trigger at.

To be honest, this new mod has changed the Bombers, and how they function alot. Fighters have now a much easier time killing Bombers without the fear of getting a Supernova hit due to the nerfed arc range. They are not the "Jack of all trades" anymore. In fact I believe the Bomber is the most individual skill dependent ship-class in the whole game. If you got skill, you will be really devastating, but if you are bad, you will be worthless.

But I'm so biased about this. I basically only fly Bombers and have done it since 4.83.

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Cellulanus - 07-13-2009

They'd get in groups more often.

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Zelot - 07-13-2009

I think we would see an upswing in Pirates using Super Heavy Fighters.

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - Monk - 07-13-2009

When I was active in the NovaPG my bomber used both slots for heavy hitting payloads. This required me to always have a fighter with me to supply CD stoppage. Worked out very well as the dual death dealing torpedo tubes proved unstoppable.:D

I guess I like the idea and don't. I'd rather let the player have the option to use a CD or not. When personally given the option I'd forgo the CD if I knew I could almost always get a hunting partner.

EDIT: I also don't like bombers being used for pirating, but somehow I am ok with gunboats pirating. AYE my mind is playing tricks on me.

Another Hypothetical Question (2) - centauri5pirate - 07-13-2009

I would be depressed, it's hard enough right now to stop uncooperative traders AND RP at the same time. Take away the CD and you would see gunboat mayhem, not to mention really pissed-off pirates in VHF's who will hammer traders for outrageous amounts given to the fact that a lot of their targets will get away.