Discovery Gaming Community
Sirius News Network. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Sirius News Network. (/showthread.php?tid=23304)

Sirius News Network. - Kadaeux - 07-14-2009

[Image: rupert-murdoch-thumb-280x361-2412-thumb-...1-2413.jpg]

+The face of an older man appears on every active screen across Sirius his kind face reflected in his thin, and likely cosmetic, glasses.+

Greetings people of Sirius.

I am, as some of you may know, Ruprect Murdark.

+The older man folds his hands in his lap in a gentle kindly fashion belying the eyes of a media baron.+

+His gaze peered into the holoscreen as if looking directly at anyone who happened to be watching the broadcast.+

For some time I have been working on technologies to bring the truth and media to a greater quantity of viewers across Sirius space for some time. During this period my media company, Sirius Network News, has been just one of many, each dependent on traders to carry the message through the gates and jumpholes of the galaxy in a piggy-back from station to station.

According to our findings some of these stations received the up to date +he tented his fingers in the quotation marks+ news up to two months later than the events have occurred. Especially with the conflict that wracks out sector of the galaxy. The conflict that means some parts of space never receive the news at all be it for good or ill.

But now we here at Sirius Neural News Network have developed Subspace Radio Broadcast technology that allows us to broadcast the news as it happens to any quarter of Sirius at FTL velocities, what this means is that no corner of the sector will be short or late of news ever again.

You wont receive the news later than it happens by any longer than it takes us to broadcast its happening! You wont receive news censored by a dozen passing border stations who feel its contents to be detrimental to their beliefs, laws, or rule.

You would receive the news regularly as possible, as detailed as possible.

The only unfortunate aspect of the SRB systems is that it can only transmit voice and text so, at least for the time being, visual reports will be unavailable across the SRB though it will be provided at a later date in solid state format complete with visual and video formats.

So in celebration of this inaugural moment, assuming we can get the technology operational, we will be relaunching our company.

From this day forth we will simply be the Sirius News Network

We seek eager new reporters who are experienced pilots and familiar with the lay of the Sirius sector.

We seek news of note.

We seek to bring the truth back to the galaxy.

Thankyou, and goodnight people of Sirius.

+With a wan smile Ruprect Murdarks visage faded from Screens across Sirius.+

Sirius News Network Company Structure.

Company Head: Ruprect Murdark
Advisory Board:
Advisory Board:
Advisory Board:
Advisory Board:

Reporters:

//This is to start up a News Company of the highest caliber in order to broadcast live to the entirety of the galaxy the news, how fares the war, major battles, bounties, advertisements. Anyone who wishes to join the SNN in an Advisory Board position would have to be capable of Roleplaying a newscaster of the highest quality and anyone who wishes to be a reporter would have to relay detailed, reliable information to either Ruprect or a member of the Advisory board for broadcasting.

//If we can get the support and quality writers we hope (and is our goal) that we can we may even get permission to broadcast this news Live IN-GAME to the Galaxy as the sole new-radio service for the galaxy of Discovery 24/7. Reporters and other members would be advised to be as neutral as possible overall but especially in areas they feel they will be reporting on. We hope to afford an untouchable status on our members and reporters while discouraging our outlawing trading when under SNN flags. Please help make this a reality.

Sirius News Network. - Cyberanson - 07-14-2009

Ray watched the display carefully. He saw many of these upcoming news corporations come and go. Nobody ever managed to gather the neccessary personnel to establish a long term news company. He decided to give this Ruprect Murdark a small hint.

"Mr.Murdark, may I introduce myself: I am Ray Ventana, chief editor of The Discoverer, an independent news group of Zoners. We see some potential in your effort to bring up another news company and we are offering you a job as an editor in our roster. We would be pleased to hear from you."