Discovery Gaming Community
Final version of new rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Final version of new rules (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-04-2007

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=14252

Please read and post what you think.

I will outline some not-so-obvious changes.

- Former Freelancer ID can no longer be used. Civilian ID was renamed into Freelancer.
- I intend neutral ID to become some sort of immunity for those who don't want to interfere into PvP matters and somehow play the game. Owners of this ID cannot get capital ships, liners and even tranports. They cannot attack other players, unless attacked, and cannot join any factions.
- General ID types. Freelancer ID was very nice for abuse, but... what about introducing Pirate ID, Military ID and Trader ID for players that don't wish to be part of an existing Freelancer faction?
- Intentional ramming of large ship is considered a PvP attack.

PvP rules are the most doubtful of course, so I forsee lots of changes... if you disagree with something, I'd ask you to post your reasons and suggestions. Those rules are yet in development, and the fact that I wrote them doesn't make them ideal or not valid for discussion.

Final version of new rules - Nightfall - 02-04-2007

The idea with the IDs sounds good, even adding the general IDs for players that don't wish to be part of an existing Freelancer faction, I like it but it still doesn't solve the 'Police tagged pirate' problem.

Maybe writing a kind of 'affiliation manual' and adding that to the rules. I don't know, but there are many people with wrong tags and reps out there. There were people posting about a similar thing existing. Can someone please post a link?

I'll get back on the PvP rules.

Final version of new rules - Vtec - 02-04-2007

I dont know if this kind of PvP rules are discused, but i have an little exemple of what i saw at other RP-servers

Clan or faction Tag
1. If you have an tagget charr like Interspace-[IND]Intercessor-Vtec, Can be attacked by an Charr like an Xeno-[Phantom]Name (Exemple). Ps: if clan or faction does not exists in Faction status post. the 2nd rule wil be the same action taken by the 30 day ban. (RP-Charr)
(RP-Charr can attack RP-Charr) (RP-Charr Can Not attack an non RP-Charr)

2. If the charr does not have an Faction/Clan Tag Between the Affiliated tag and charr name, The chances are that you get an 30 Day ban if you attack an RP-charr. Unles you attack same sort of charr that is not RP-Related. (Non RP Charr)
(Non RP-Charr can attack another Non RP-Charr and not an RP-Charr)

Final version of new rules - Mickk - 02-04-2007

Concerning the Neutral ID tag;

I can understand not allowing Capital ships (from gunboat upwards?), but why should a person with a Neutral ID not be allowed a Transport (No liners I agree with, they are one step away from a proper capital ship)

The largest Transport in the game, the Large Train can only mount class 7 turrets (no warship types) and the Class 7 Transport shield, which is rather thin when facing a Capital class ship.

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-04-2007

By 'police tagged pirates' you mean those who have irrelevant NPC reputation?

Regarding Vtec's suggestion: don't know really, we never had distinction between RP and non-RP characters.

Neutral ID: if you wish to trade, just get a trader ID. Once again, Neutral ID was meant for those who don't want to participate in PvP in any way. If I allow transports here, every transport in the universe will have a Neutral ID. This will lead to F1 usage and complaints about pirates attacking neutral chars, which is nonsense. We all know that trading is mostly used to equip military ships.

' Wrote:Concerning the Neutral ID tag;

I can understand not allowing Capital ships (from gunboat upwards?), but why should a person with a Neutral ID not be allowed a Transport (No liners I agree with, they are one step away from a proper capital ship)

The largest Transport in the game, the Large Train can only mount class 7 turrets (no warship types) and the Class 7 Transport shield, which is rather thin when facing a Capital class ship.

Point here to, but igiss al so have an point

Final version of new rules - Nightfall - 02-04-2007

' Wrote:By 'police tagged pirates' you mean those who have irrelevant NPC reputation?
Yes, for example a player that has a Corsair ID and a Police tag or an Outcast tagged char with an Interspace ID and all the veriations in between like docking at enemy bases.

Final version of new rules - Mickk - 02-04-2007

' Wrote:Neutral ID: if you wish to trade, just get a trader ID. Once again, Neutral ID was meant for those who don't want to participate in PvP in any way. If I allow transports here, every transport in the universe will have a Neutral ID. This will lead to F1 usage and complaints about pirates attacking neutral chars, which is nonsense. We all know that trading is mostly used to equip military ships.

Thanks for making that crystal clear Igiss.

Note that I have already swapped my Libert Dread for a Guardian Fighter.

I shall purchase a Trader ID for my Container Transport just as soon as they become available.

*Note, will the change in ID's require a re-download of the Discovery Mod, will it be a 'patch' mod or will it be server side only?

' Wrote:Regarding Vtec's suggestion: don't know really, we never had distinction between RP and non-RP characters.

But i could maybe more strict, And if an charr exists and it is an RP-Charr without an clan or faction tag then maybe they should announce it on the forum
so the player know of what kind off charr he is.

(idea if it makes sence that is)

:)

Final version of new rules - pchwang - 02-04-2007

Igiss, can we also make the server subscription based? I mean, if the people online do not join the forums, there is really almost no point of this being an RP server.

They should join the Forums if they like to RP too.

I dunno, a shot in the dark. :unsure: