Discovery Gaming Community
Peace in Our Times - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Peace in Our Times (/showthread.php?tid=2338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Peace in Our Times - Craines - 02-05-2007

People of Sirius,

The battle between the Kusari and Britonian Governments has gone on for long enough. Both sides have faced massive causalities, and I honestly cannot understand why. Tau 31 really isn't that important, in my humble opinion.

There should be peace in our times.

I suggest that a faction not involved, such as Rheinland, be given judicial powers over that system, and impose sanctions against the two galactic governments in question (Kusari and Britonia) should either attempt to enter the system with anything bigger than a Train. Not a Large Train. Just a Train. This severely reduces the risk of any assault being launched on either government.

The neutral government that rules over Tau 31 would be allowed to have fighters there, and these would be in charge of destroying any terrorists, pirates, insurgents or otherwise that may appear there. Planet Harris would be given to this neutral government, who would allow unbiased visas to be given to any company who so wishes to use it. Both the Liberty and Rheinland Governments would be involved in this process.

Any jump holes to or from Tau 31 would be mapped and defended with weapon platforms, made by the neutral government in charge. Both Britonian and Kusari weapons would be used in the construction of these platforms. Further, they would be automated with neutral robots, which would eliminate any form of bias that could hypothetically arise. While I doubt this would occur, one can never be too careful.

A mandatory toll would be impressed on anyone who entered Tau 31 for the next 3 years, as aforementioned system rebuilds. This toll would be used for three major funds; the rebuilding of Tau 31, the payment of any and all military forces whose government owns the Tau 31 system, and the upkeep of weapons platforms and military vessels. This toll would alleviate any hard feelings from the government who is given Tau 31, as they would have to pay nothing but man power.

Because there are only two jump gates, it will be easy for both to be patrolled, as well as large space stations to be built there; these will be manufactured in Liberty, and will have both Liberty and Rheinland men on board. Once more, this is to eliminate bias. Trade rights can be granted to both Kusari and Britonian corporations, but once again, these will be expensive.

Trade will be essential, however! H-fuel, polymers, optic chips, and much more will be required, both from Britonia and Kusari. Therefore, while it may require a handsome sum to be able to trade there, it will be a boon to economy in both galactic regions. It will further 'weed out', if you will, any hard feelings that anyone from Kusari or Britonia may have in concern to the other. It will pave the way to galactic peace.

The needs of peace are great. Both sides have suffered losses, and the war seems to only intensify. At this rate, if we do not stop soon, then there will be such damage to these two governments that peace will never be possible. Now is the only time in which it can occur. Pirates run rampant everywhere, and the forces that should be there to ward them off are stationed in Tau 31, fighting for a cause that has no basis. If there was peace, pirate and terrorist organizations could be battled, and perhaps even quelled forever. And with peace, we can hope to cement a future that will not have the young of both governments cursing the other, and fearing that a Kusari Bomber will come swooping down on their station and blow it up, or that a Britonian battleship will bombard their shipyard. Don't you see? Peace is the only logical way to go.

I cannot stress enough that the future we hurtle towards is one of severe sorrow, death, and piracy. We must band together now and stave that off. Without peace, either Kusari or Britonia will be destroyed. And that is something no one truly wants.

Please, heed my words. There is no future in this war. We must end it now.

We must have peace in our times.

Thank you for your time today, people of Sirius. And thank you for considering peace. That is all I can ask of you.

Madam Fiona H. deLuna
Ambassador of the Kusari Naval Forces

((OOC: I need serious responses. Not something stupid, like "pfft, no, peace is teh wimpy, letz go PvP" or anything. And yes, that was a radical oversimplification of what the people here write, but nonetheless, I think it is pertinent to ask that it not be done. If we can come to a conclusion of peace, then I ask Herr Igiss to consider writing it into the next edition of the mod. I think that would be a worthwhile idea, no? Anyways, let's see if we can smooth things over. Thanks!))

Peace in Our Times - Malaclypse 666 - 02-05-2007

Madam Ambassador:

My compliments,

There is one other Ambassador I know who would be, or would have been at any rate, the ideal person to help you accomplish this difficult, yet compassionate and logical goal.

I refer of course to Ambassador Nicholas Gideon, of the former Colonial Remnant.

I have not had the opportunity to speak with Nick since that bittersweet day of our last Comms chatter.

He and the Rag Tag Fleet he represents so passionately seem to be extremely quiet recently. Perhaps his dreams of a home for the People of the Twelve Colonies were simply too fragile to weather the recent raging storms. If so, I share his pain in that regard. Dreams can be wispy stuff, and require constant nurturing to maintain their form and substance.

deLuna-san, I am constantly amazed by your vision and commitment to the cause of peace between the Bretonians and the Kusari. I see no irreparable flaws in your outline for acheiving that peace. It would require much negotiaion, much toil, and extreme commitment from the parties involved.

If I can be of any assistance in helping to enlist Ambassador Gideon to your worthy cause, please do not hesitate to call on me.

I once dreamed of an Embassy in Poosville, where the Colonials and the Free State of Fernando Poo could discuss, debate, and resolve their differences in a peaceful, cooperative manner. I would be delighted to loan you that Ambassador to aid in your dream of peace. He was Ambassador to a State in name only, but evolved through his own dedication and dreams to become the Colonial Ambassador to All of Sirius, not just the Free State and ELF.

Continue to dream, Madam Ambassador,
As will I.
As will Gideon.
as will we All.

Warmest regards,
Malaclypse,
Ambassador to a small population of wily trout.

Peace in Our Times - Panzer - 02-05-2007

Well, in my opinion, this war cannot last forever and will have to end sooner or later. Maybe not peace (just yet) however, but a delicate armistice. The Tau 31 system could be indeed governed by a faction neutral towards this conflict (I suggest Liberty, they're descendants of the Americans, who seem to like peace-keeping operations). Even despite that, some Bretonian and Kusari activity should be noticeable there. minor skirmishes, black ops, reconaisance. Those would involve nothing bigger than gunboat, since any larger vessle would be easily spotted, which in turn could be rcognized as a violation of the armistice. In short. Turn Tau 31 into a buffer zone, not yet a peace treaty, but armistice and some minor clashes between fighter groups.
But that's a mere suggestion. However it is worth taking into account, that rarely warring sides just shake hands and say "sorry". Usually, the post-war tensions last for much longer, than the war itself

Peace in Our Times - Yngen - 02-05-2007

Message from Gemenon Traveler:

Ambassador DeLuna,

Though noble, your efforts maybe too late. Having come to this sector an ignorant stranger only to be driven into this war by a desperate Queen and a failing corporation, I am far too involved to provide an unbiased medium for discourse.

I might remind everyone here that Tau-31 is no longer the vangard of this assault. Kusari forces are entering Leeds, one of the first colonies to be settled by the passengers of the sleeper ship Bretonia.
It seems to us that the Kusari Emperor is interested in far more than just the Taus.

I am just a stupid pawn in this damn fool war, and I've only met the Queen once at a state dinner with our previous president. All communication we recieve from our benefactors comes through the lawyer corps of Planetform inc. to whom we are indentured.

I fear the Gods have made the Taus their play bin, and we are their toys.

Sincerely,

Nicolos Gideon

Peace in Our Times - PARAKEET - 02-05-2007

Transmit from: Ultra

Well that why freelancing is so well...Free.
If war were to halt then tensions will not be so hot maybe a open a trade route or two. But saying "sorry" doesn't make everything better for those who died already.

End Transmission

Peace in Our Times - onca - 02-05-2007

@Comm_ID: Representative Janos Sandava (on behalf of the Independent Miners' Guild)

Madam Ambassador,

I applaud your efforts in resolving the conflict between Bretonia and Kusari, and ultimately bring peace into Tau-31. Certainly that system has seen more than its fair share of mayhem.

Be that as it may, the IMG wishes to emphasise its categorical opposition to your suggestion that another house government should exercise control over Tau-31. We have been mining here for a long time, even after two houses with their unlimited resources decided to pull out with the works half finished. The same two houses which are now tearing the system apart.

And you expect us to believe dragging a third house into the fray will fix anything?

Furthermore, we utterly resent your suggestion that everyone pay a "toll" to enter and leave the system. Tau-31 houses a large IMG operation, and as such represents a significant portion of our business. This facility has been going fine for a long time, under never-ending attacks by pirates, without the protection of house navies, and indeed continues to do so in the midst of a war. The notion that we should now suddenly pay what amounts to "protection money" is frankly preposterous.

However we shall not throw the baby out with the bathwater. The IMG has the resources and willpower to exercise complete control over Tau-31. If the Madam Ambassador wishes it, we are ready and willing to step in and fill the shoes of caretaker of Tau-31.

Sincerely,

Janos Sandava of the IMG

(OOC: Bravo! I like this kind of political maneuvering. Keep it up:))

Peace in Our Times - TankTarget - 02-05-2007

HF High Command

Transmission Opened

"The Hellfire Legion sees absolutely no reason for this war to end...we profit greatly from the wars of others and soon the war will engulf Rheinland and Liberty and we will bring Liberty to it's knees. But like all wars this one will fade away... and the cold dark abyss of space will be calm and quiet once more. Personally I think this war may actually relieve tension amongst the colonies...They all fire a few missiles kill a few people...and then after they've gotten their 'jollies' off business will be business...

So, in short what I Drake Thastus have said is...war is good for business and this is a war..."

Mr. Janos Sandova,

I was unaware of the Independent Miner's Guild presence in the Tau 31 system, having never been able to venture there myself. However, it would seem that the IMG would be perfect for the role of System Governing Party; unfortunately, there would have to be something akin to a Parliament that would be comprised of both Britonians and Kusari analysts. This would be to insure that there would be no corruption within the system.

The tolls are not going to be here to alienate, halt, or otherwise harm anyone. It is simply to aid the rebuilding effort of Tau 31. If you'd care to pay the costs yourself, then the tolls will not be in place. Otherwise, I believe it must be done. However, I am open to suggestions.

The only reason I suggested Rheinland or Liberty control Tau 31 is that, to me, they are the only one's who would be capable of supporting a military presence there that would be worthwhile. I do not mean to insult anyone, but it seemed to me to be the best option. As I have said before, I am open to suggestions.

I do not know why this fighting erupted. Yes, it seems the Shogunate wants to move in, but that is why haste is of great importance. We must insure that there is nothing that will permanently harm anyone's reputation! And Mr. Thastus, I am appalled that you would attempt to instigate another war. That would not aid anyone, except those who flourish on the suffering of others.

I understand that there is nothing that will bring back the dead, but we can try and stop something that will bring more suffering.

Please, I am only one person, but I must try to stop a war that will undoubtedly tear asunder my beloved galaxy. So please, consider peace.

I am open to suggestions, so please, give me ideas. I will augment them, consolidate them, and produce a compromise that should give us a peaceful resolution.

Thank you.

Madam Fiona H. deLuna

Peace in Our Times - pchwang - 02-05-2007

---Incoming Transmission---

Madam,

Your thoughts are well considered. Despite blatant and repeated rejections of aid by Liberty or the rejections of our services as a neutral third party, I will once again offer our services as mediators again, in the name of peace.

However, do not expect us to lenient and forgiving in the future.

Transmission end.

My good sir,

I beg forgiveness, sir. I was unaware of that. Hrm...I seem to be unaware of a great deal. But what I do know, I know well.

Please, if the other delegates here will accept your offer, then so shall I. Thank you for giving us this chance.

Madam Fiona H. deLuna