Discovery Gaming Community
Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events (/showthread.php?tid=23605)

Pages: 1 2

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - BaconSoda - 07-19-2009

Redirected from here.

Basically, to help get the ball rolling with Roleplaying in Penn, we're getting together in a group to assist new players. Mostly for fun, we'll be using Mk 1 ships. In the beginning, we hope an [Angel] will be around to narrate and explain to new players what is going on.

If anyone is interested in participating in such an event at any time in the future, please pm me or contact me on Skype (baconsoda).

List of Mk 1 Ships:

Liberty Police Inc.: Patriot
Liberty Navy: Defender
LSF: Patriot; Defender
Liberty Corporations: Rhino; Basalt; Startracker
Rogues: Mule; Bloodhound
Xenos: Startracker
Hackers: Dagger
Outcasts: Dagger

Equipment restrictions will be specified as we figure out balance as we go along. For now:

CDs: Wasp; Hornet
Armor: None
Mines: Drone; Seeker; Warthog; Razor; Tadpole (Bloodhound & Startracker Only)
Missiles: Javelin; Eraser; Stalker; Slingshot; Windstalker; Sweeper
Torpedos: None

Current scheduled time: Tuesday, July 21st 1800 GMT

Current Script: Cryer is moving delicate pharmaceuticals out of the Pennsylvania system for distribution. Finding a lack in their stores on Leiden Base, Galileo, the Lane Hackers track this shipment to refill their wares. They will seek to rob the convoy. The Police will move from Planet Erie to counter and stop the robbery from occuring.

NPC Factions Involved: Lane Hackers; Cryer; Liberty Police Inc.

Current Participants:
  • Lane Hackers: JihadJoe; Ktayn; IronWatsas; BaconSoda; Ximen; DreamTheater
    Cryer Pharmaceuticals: Benjamin; Unselie
    Liberty Police Inc.: 11of10; Zapp; Donutman; Eyvind
    The Angels: Heavy Metal Queen

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - BaconSoda - 07-27-2009

Okay, now that I've gotten back to normalcy, lets try and redo this. Everyone willing the first time willing to do it again?

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - Donutman - 07-27-2009

What are the times? And we need another LPI, and one or two more Cryer.

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - Thexare - 07-27-2009

Might I recommend keeping a few high-end fighters/bombers nearby in case of unwanted interlopers? An LSF Executioner, Hacker Broadsword, hell, even a Freelancer Kingfisher could help.

I'd like to believe it's not necessary, but I know how people can be. Keep the high-grade ships out of the way of the event, working on whatever other business they want to, but have 'em on-call just in case. The Angel or another neutral observer can handle calling them so the involved Mk1 ships can focus on survival.

Also, are you sure you want to include the Basalt? Class 5 guns and decent turning might make it too good for the events. The Civilian Shuttle maxes at 4, and would be more acceptable as a replacement.

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - Ximen_Benitez - 07-27-2009

I'd definitely be interested in doing this. I'll be a pirate, because I like being a pirate.:)

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - tazuras - 07-27-2009

Keep the angels appraised of the timing of this please. I saw the post earlier this week but i had no idea it was happening so soon, or else I would have tried to show up to help.

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - atlantis2112 - 07-27-2009

I'll show up in a Hacker Dagger...

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - BaconSoda - 07-27-2009

' Wrote:Also, are you sure you want to include the Basalt? Class 5 guns and decent turning might make it too good for the events. The Civilian Shuttle maxes at 4, and would be more acceptable as a replacement.

The Basalt mentions being a basic miner in its infocard, so I figured we could use it as that if we have any mining events. We can always limit the level of the guns and shields on the Basalt as well as add armor to the pirate ships. The thought of allowing Hawks or Wolfhounds if we get an Mk 1 ship too high up was also brought up, which might happen with events involving foreign corporations or factions (Unioners, Samura, etc.). If we find the Basalt to be unbalanced for Bloodhounds, Startrackers, Mules, and Daggers, we can always make use of those ships.

And as to player balance, it does seem like the number of Hackers is getting exorbitantly large...

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - Thexare - 07-27-2009

' Wrote:The Basalt mentions being a basic miner in its infocard, so I figured we could use it as that if we have any mining events.
Eh... this is hampered by its utter inability to use mining lasers. It has no turret slot.

That's not saying I don't want it used as a miner, more like me voicing an annoyance.

Anyway, I hope you consider what I said about security. I've got a Freelancer in New York currently, if needed, though of course with work I can't always be here. Having seen an armored transport intrude on a fighter vs. fighter battle today, and get promptly chased out by both fighters, it seems like it could be an issue, especially in the newbie system.

Pennsilvania Mk 1 Events - Benjamin - 07-27-2009

tadpole mine for startracker plox it is terrible